Vacations Thread

Speed Racer

I went here over the summer:

DSCI0493.jpg

It the church from Alice's Rstaurant. I can't say a bad thing about the trip, it was absolutly wonderful. The people were so pleasant, and caring. It's more beautiful inside than it was outside. I even got a brick (long story), but it has Arlo Guthrie's autograph in it.

Alice's Restaurant! That's so great! I've always wondered if it still exists, and now I know it.

B)

Alice's Restaurant! That's so great! I've always wondered if it still exists, and now I know it.

B)

It's a wonderful place. They provide a free lunch everday, and they have weekly yoga classes too. It's non denominational and they accept anyone and everyone. There was a guy there named George who talked to us and he is an outstanding person. They also have a foundation for Huntington's Korea (aka Huntington's Disease), Woody Guthrie had it. It's an incurable nerve disease.

It's a wonderful place. They provide a free lunch everday, and they have weekly yoga classes too. It's non denominational and they accept anyone and everyone. There was a guy there named George who talked to us and he is an outstanding person. They also have a foundation for Huntington's Korea (aka Huntington's Disease), Woody Guthrie had it. It's an incurable nerve disease.

I hope so much to get to the USA again one day. In which state is it?

I watched the movie yesterday, I'm always so sad about Shelly...he's so cute and nice, why has he to die?!?

It's in Massachusetts. And yes Shelley, it is so sad, but the good news is he isn't a real character. It isn't true unless it's also in the song. I have the DVD with commentary from Arlo himself, and he said that Sheeley was made up for the movie. I just think of Shelley as a tradgic reminder of what drugs can do to a person.

• 10 months later...

Speaking of road trips and vacations...

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Be prepared for delays on road trips to Las Vegas

I-15 will close briefly 2 days a week.

By SERENA MARIA DANIELSThe Orange County Register

Planning a road trip to Las Vegas in the next 10 weeks?

Try to avoid morning travel on Tuesdays or Thursdays, as the north and southbound I-15 freeway will close for as long as two hours at a time.

Beginning at 10 a.m., northbound lanes will close for about an hour and a half as Caltrans crews blast rocky slopes between Bailey and Nipton roads near Wheaton Springs, Calif.

Motorists traveling to Vegas can wait in nearby Baker, Calif. If you're headed back into California, wait in the state line town of Primm.

The rock blasting is part of a $91 million project in which a 12-mile stretch of freeway will be widened that Caltrans officials say will improve travel of big rig trucks.

Rock blasting is expected to continue through October and the overall project should be completed by fall 2010.

ocregister.com/articles/vegas-blasting-rock-2524934-travel-wait

As promised, here are a few pictures from my recent trip to England and Scotland.

DSC01415.jpg

From the Queen's Theater Les Miserables

IMG_0129.jpg

View from our hotel.

IMG_0092.jpg

Our hotel was in the building next to the London Eye.

IMG_0198.jpg

Famous bridge over the River Thames near the Tower of London.

IMG_0599.jpg

Edinburgh Castle

IMG_0565.jpg

Military Tattoo at Edinburgh Castle

IMG_0669.jpg

The Shambles in York

DSC01394.jpg

View of London from the London Eye

DSC01384.jpg

View of Big Ben taken from the London Eye

I have hundreds of photos but won't bore you with any more. Just giving you some of the highlights.

It was a great trip.

Post away Buckeye!!! Those were fabulous :D I'd love to see more of Scotland if you have some.

Glad that you like the photos, ninelives.

We didn't spend much time in Scotland and didn't go to the highlands where the beautiful scenery is.

Here are a few more photos.

IMG_0470.jpg

Cottage near Grasmere in the Lake Distirct.

IMG_0442.jpg

Chester

IMG_0547.jpg

Edinburgh

IMG_0649.jpg

Edinburgh

Archived