Jimmy's onstage mannerisms

I guess I've never really watched him that closely, but he's so loose and comfortable with the guitar, even at this age.... he looks so fresh and young playing his riffs here, I think I fell in love with him all over again..

I totally agree with you there - so many of his mannerisms look like '70's Jimmy all over again! And you are definitely not the only one who has fallen in love with him again either ;)

I will admit that I hadn't seen a pic of Jimmy in ages until I saw the photo of him accepting the OBE from Queen Elizabeth. After so many years, I had to get myself adjusted to the fact that it was Jimmy Page. Then I saw a photo of him with the gray hair. To be honest, it shocked me but then once I saw a video of him in action, I knew it was the Jimmy Page who I remembered from the days of my youth. Not just his mannerisms but his smile and the look in his eye. :)

I will admit that I hadn't seen a pic of Jimmy in ages until I saw the photo of him accepting the OBE from Queen Elizabeth. After so many years, I had to get myself adjusted to the fact that it was Jimmy Page. Then I saw a photo of him with the gray hair. To be honest, it shocked me but then once I saw a video of him in action, I knew it was the Jimmy Page who I remembered from the days of my youth. Not just his mannerisms but his smile and the look in his eye. :)

YOU were in shock- I was going through a mid-life crisis when I saw Jimmy's gray hair for the first time! :rolleyes: ( I'll never forget it- it was that photo of him outside a courthouse in Scotland, and Jimmy looked really worn out. I thought his days were numbered.)

But not long thereafter, the news of the reunion seemed to make him beam with pride again. It was just like he used to look, on stage and off, when he reigned the world supreme. :notworthy:

i can remember that I was embarrased to be in lov ewith him when I saw pics of him with this short black dyed hair...fortunately this feeling has completely vanished now and I think he's gorgeous again - though he could be my grand dad...(lovely thought...wanna adopt me and give me guitar lessons, Jimmy?)

I agree with everything you've all written.

The other thing that strikes me about his mannerisms from recent videos and photos is that, although clearly he was a showman on stage in the 70s, so much of what he did was genuinely him. Of course they were drop dead sexy what with with the black curls and the beautiful face... but here he is, making the same gestures, moves, guitar faces... :D

It was always the real person, not just for display. That is so cool.

I'm so glad he still does it all. I melt when his eyes sparkle. I just shiver. I can see he's still the same person, and that's so fantastic. How could anyone not melt?

I could just sit there and watch the O2 without the music on :lol:

I agree with everything you've all written.

The other thing that strikes me about his mannerisms from recent videos and photos is that, although clearly he was a showman on stage in the 70s, so much of what he did was genuinely him. Of course they were drop dead sexy what with with the black curls and the beautiful face... but here he is, making the same gestures, moves, guitar faces... :D

It was always the real person, not just for display. That is so cool.

Great point, Sunchild. It just goes to show you how genuine his love for the music is; he's pure rock and roll from the soul... I love seeing him so passionate like that.

YOU were in shock- I was going through a mid-life crisis when I saw Jimmy's gray hair for the first time! :rolleyes: ( I'll never forget it- it was that photo of him outside a courthouse in Scotland, and Jimmy looked really worn out. I thought his days were numbered.)

But not long thereafter, the news of the reunion seemed to make him beam with pride again. It was just like he used to look, on stage and off, when he reigned the world supreme. :notworthy:

That's exactly when it hit me too! I think like everyone else here, I'm so relieved and happy to see him look and perform as he did when, as you say, "he reigned the world supreme." :D

YA, the Grey hair was a total shock, I had not seen pictures of him for a while between the messy short black cut and the Grey and it was a huge surprise to me. I was scared that he was finally starting to show his age but it is better than that short cut for sure. He looks so much healthy now too, not sickly thin any more or all bloated and puffy like the early 90's.

He looks a lot more healthy now than he ever and still has that sexy/cute smile of course.

Jimmy Page makes gray hair look good. In fact, it looks more silver to me.

In case you haven't had enough Lord of The Rings symbolism, it's almost like before we had "Jimmy the Brown" and now we have "Jimmy the White". (compare to Gandalf)

He's a lot wiser, cooler, and more powerful.

YA, the Grey hair was a total shock, I had not seen pictures of him for a while between the messy short black cut and the Grey and it was a huge surprise to me. I was scared that he was finally starting to show his age but it is better than that short cut for sure. He looks so much healthy now too, not sickly thin any more or all bloated and puffy like the early 90's.

He looks a lot more healthy now than he ever and still has that sexy/cute smile of course.

Yeah, I agree he's looking tops these days. It really gets me when (especially last year when there was the knee thing and the tumble in the garden) people act as if he could pass away any second. Hell, he's only 64! That's the new 50!!! He looks fit and content. Enthusiastic! Full of life and vitality! I think there's plenty to come from the silver one, and you ladies needn't delete your drooly smilies anytime soon! :D

Jimmy in 2009!!! :thumbsup:

I personally don't care who he plays with. I just saw Robert and Alison. It was great! Fantastic! I hear they're gonna do another. Terrific!!!

Now throw me a bone Page! I'd sell a kidney to see you again!!! ;)

Archived