Jimmy Page - the rest of his career

beatbo

here's the situation:

jimmy page is committed to resume his career-at all costs.

robert says no to full-on led zeppelin tour and album.

john paul jones is interested.

so is jason bohnam....and about a million other musicians.

his management is gearing up to present a timeline, with logistics and an action plan.

you-super rock music consultant-have been hired to develop all ideas into the most viable and possibly successful proposal.

here are the rules:

NO robert plant.

can't use the name 'led zeppelin'

minimum 5 year plan. (but not limited to...)

no 'magick' is allowed as a discussion point.

zeppelin business (i.e. any rereleases, dvd, soundtrack, or catalogue questions are considered by the 4 votes and have no place in your timeline.)

it would be nice to see some valid concepts discussed, and some imagination skills in play.

by the way-i am the judge!

by force of my own opinion,

or by consensus if i see fit to take a straw poll.

good luck!

2009: Acoustic UK club tour (25 dates) Opening Act: Roy Harper

2010: Page/Beck/Clapton package tour (20 to 40 dates -- USA/UK)

2011: Rock for ABC Trust Concert (mega-star global benefit in Rio)

Farewell Tour (instrumental) (USA/UK/Canada/Japan/South America/Aus/etc.)

very interesting.

acoustic idea....i love that. can jimmy page do a tour and just play acoustic guitar?

would he agree to that? hmmm. roy harper-nice touch, steve

white boy blues-the 'immediate' tour.

who closes?

i have to say, some ideas that could stand a really hard look.

well done.

2009: Acoustic UK club tour (25 dates) Opening Act: Roy Harper

2010: Page/Beck/Clapton package tour (20 to 40 dates -- USA/UK)

2011: Rock for ABC Trust Concert (mega-star global benefit in Rio)

Farewell Tour (instrumental) (USA/UK/Canada/Japan/South America/Aus/etc.)

Are you sure that you are not a REAL Rock Music Consultant? ROCK ON!

I'd tell him to just get out and play. He needs to. The more he play's live the more he will collaborate and we'll all get to enjoy the fruits of those ventures. Whatever they be

acoustic idea....i love that. can jimmy page do a tour and just play acoustic guitar?

You may recall he said he originally wanted to do one side of acoustic material on his first solo album (which was originally intended to be a double LP). I think given the

chance he could rival Clapton's 'Unplugged' set.

Roy Harper would open and later join Jimmy to close the show with a run through of their acoustic material: 'Same Old Rock', 'Hangman', 'Elizabeth', etc.

I suggest the acoustic format for his initial "return to the guitar" because audiences will know not to expect a night of duckwalks and lazers (saved for the farewell tour). ;)

Personally, I don't believe that Jimmy will ever find his way on stage again.

So now what i wish ;-)

- World Tour with Jones and Jason and maybe John Miles or another singer with new material and old LZ classics(2008-2009, 100 Dates, Europe, America North & South, Japan)

- New Solo album. Solo Tour with about 40 Gigs

- G3 with Clapton and Beck (20 Dates,UK, Germany ;-)

Jimmy, pick up your Les Paul and find your way on stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Millions of fans are waiting for you.

release a new album inviting dozen of artists (not only old musicians B) )

many different musical genres, not as the Probot project (Dave Grohol) but an idea like that

the idea to make a 'guest star' album (aka 'the santana/john lee hooker' format) may be more appealing, if a few names were floated. references to artists by page himself in past interviews may prove that you did your homework and make this proposal more appealing as well as the juxtapostion flavor of page with many other musicial genres.

a decent enough idea, luke. i would have expected some more details from you after viewing your website and seeing the the attention to detail there.

Personally, I don't believe that Jimmy will ever find his way on stage again.

So now what i wish ;-)

- World Tour with Jones and Jason and maybe John Miles or another singer with new material and old LZ classics(2008-2009, 100 Dates, Europe, America North & South, Japan)

- New Solo album. Solo Tour with about 40 Gigs

- G3 with Clapton and Beck (20 Dates,UK, Germany ;-)

Jimmy, pick up your Les Paul and find your way on stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Millions of fans are waiting for you.

wow. you'll never get the gig naysaying like that. to work here you have to 'believe'...

oh, here's how many 'originality' points i give you for the world tour with jones and jason: 0

however, you were smart enough to include japan on the itinerary, so you may have some sense after all when it comes to where the zep bucks are buried.

a true solo album, huh? don't want to insure it by adding other names like luke suggested. jimmy may like that about you. 40 gigs to support it? kinda thin, isn't it?

the 'g3' idea, of course, previously submitted by SAJ-but since you were smart enough to name it with a stolen moniker from another guitar great tour, i'm going to keep you in the hall, sitting behind steve. no peeking in his archive...

You may recall he said he originally wanted to do one side of acoustic material on his first solo album (which was originally intended to be a double LP). I think given the

chance he could rival Clapton's 'Unplugged' set.

Roy Harper would open and later join Jimmy to close the show with a run through of their acoustic material: 'Same Old Rock', 'Hangman', 'Elizabeth', etc.

I suggest the acoustic format for his initial "return to the guitar" because audiences will know not to expect a night of duckwalks and lazers (saved for the farewell tour). ;)

i do remember the 'acoustic' side for the original outrider double LP. i strongly agree that if he chose to put product like that on the market, he has a chance to do extremely well.

roy harper in the mix after only being a footnote all this time is very exciting to me. were i a casual page fan i would be pleasantly surprised at this show.

glad to see your proposal has vision and concept.

head of the class....

...so far.

:beer: okay, I'm not happy at all without Robert being involved, but those are the rules so......

....... NEW YARDBIRDS IT IS !! :thumbsup:

Jimmy, Jonesy, Jason plus one vocalist, and another guitar - now there's loads of options.

Get cracking Jimmy - this summer's already come and gone, and time's a wastin' so make it happen, you know it's credible, and it would be absolutely huge.

zeppy....i like the way you think!

clearance issues, first off: the yardbirds (such as they are) still tour, and the remaining members are touchy about the old canard about 'jimmy owns the name to the group'. would that make them 'the old yardbirds'? notice who they have on the front of their website-jeff beck!

let's just get that out there...

there was also the published rumors of both jeff beck and jimmy rejoining the yardbirds prior to the zep reunion.

let's say we let you pitch this to page, and he responds 'fucking hell! why don't i just rejoin the yardbirds and take them for a blitz? why pay jonesy and jason the top money when i can zip around with these boys on the cheap?"

will you hold the line, look "mr. page" in the eye and fire back "because, sir, john paul jones is worth the investment, easy to tour with, a musical genuis rivalling only yourself. and the love and respect you have for jason and his playing is very apparent to the audience when you're both onstage together."

very interested in how you would hold up under fire, as it were, zeppy....

but 'new yardbirds'..........i like it! if you think you can buy off dreja and mccarty....

zeppy....i like the way you think!

clearance issues, first off: the yardbirds (such as they are) still tour, and the remaining members are touchy about the old canard about 'jimmy owns the name to the group'. would that make them 'the old yardbirds'? notice who they have on the front of their website-jeff beck!

let's just get that out there...

there was also the published rumors of both jeff beck and jimmy rejoining the yardbirds prior to the zep reunion.

let's say we let you pitch this to page, and he responds 'fucking hell! why don't i just rejoin the yardbirds and take them for a blitz? why pay jonesy and jason the top money when i can zip around with these boys on the cheap?"

will you hold the line, look "mr. page" in the eye and fire back "because, sir, john paul jones is worth the investment, easy to tour with, a musical genuis rivalling only yourself. and the love and respect you have for jason and his playing is very apparent to the audience when you're both onstage together."

very interested in how you would hold up under fire, as it were, zeppy....

but 'new yardbirds'..........i like it! if you think you can buy off dreja and mccarty....

:) well, I must admit, I don't know the entire facts as regards the backround, and all the legal aspects of it - I'm really just looking at it from an " if I had the power to command " point of view.

I really do think this idea would be a winner - maybe even a genuine alternative to Zeppelin, and that's saying something B)

Yes, do something with Roy, then the Yardbirds, but first finish his new solo album and do a tour, the way he did for Outrider.

It can be in any of that order. I just want him out playing!

me , too. As long as Jimmy is out there recording and performing (if that is what he still wants).

R B)

okay. we all want the same thing-jimmy page. but no records! only one-offs onstage!

surely, you have some ideas......don't you?

I'd suggest the acoustic thing as a mid-show break (maybe with Harper), rather like the Zeppelin acoustic set, but not a whole acoustic tour. Can't see Page/Beck/Clapton working for long, just because of Beck and Clapton, and all the temperaments involved. I'd love to see him working with another guitarist, though, but definitely not travelling by bus. :D

I'd suggest the acoustic thing as a mid-show break (maybe with Harper), rather like the Zeppelin acoustic set, but not a whole acoustic tour. Can't see Page/Beck/Clapton working for long, just because of Beck and Clapton, and all the temperaments involved. I'd love to see him working with another guitarist, though, but definitely not travelling by bus. :D

glad to see a contribution from you, aqua.

so, what would you suggest as a band and setlist? (include the acoustic break if so inclined)

what's up with the bus? is it because of the confounded bridge?

glad to see a contribution from you, aqua.

so, what would you suggest as a band and setlist? (include the acoustic break if so inclined)

what's up with the bus? is it because of the confounded bridge?

:lol: Exactly!

Haven't got as far as a setlist, because I know this particular thought is never going to happen, but who I'd really like to see him play with is Jack White. I can imagine something really incendiary happening there.

here's the situation:

jimmy page is committed to resume his career-at all costs.

robert says no to full-on led zeppelin tour and album.

john paul jones is interested.

so is jason bohnam....and about a million other musicians.

his management is gearing up to present a timeline, with logistics and an action plan.

you-super rock music consultant-have been hired to develop all ideas into the most viable and possibly successful proposal.

here are the rules:

NO robert plant.

can't use the name 'led zeppelin'

minimum 5 year plan. (but not limited to...)

no 'magick' is allowed as a discussion point.

zeppelin business (i.e. any rereleases, dvd, soundtrack, or catalogue questions are considered by the 4 votes and have no place in your timeline.)

it would be nice to see some valid concepts discussed, and some imagination skills in play.

by the way-i am the judge!

by force of my own opinion,

or by consensus if i see fit to take a straw poll.

good luck!

...Since he has devoted majority of his life to music...how about dramatic arts

..He enjoys films ie . soundtrack, a rock creative musical apart from Tommy, how about world concert participation with foreign musicians in their respective countries, ie. Brazil, he has ABC Trust

I would also like him to do a solo tour with creative material, and possibly set-up talent show with Les Paul Guitar associates to promote music among young generation...

I also think incredible writing talent could work in journalism and or film.

:lol: Exactly!

Haven't got as far as a setlist, because I know this particular thought is never going to happen, but who I'd really like to see him play with is Jack White. I can imagine something really incendiary happening there.

agreed.

Archived