Jimmy Page - the rest of his career

beatbo

Well shit, that leaves me out of the consultation business...

billy_hayes_1.jpg

that's funny, right there.....

by the way, billie hayes-witchiepoo in the pic posted, is from duquoin, illinois....

...Since he has devoted majority of his life to music...how about dramatic arts

..He enjoys films ie . soundtrack, a rock creative musical apart from Tommy, how about world concert participation with foreign musicians in their respective countries, ie. Brazil, he has ABC Trust

I would also like him to do a solo tour with creative material, and possibly set-up talent show with Les Paul Guitar associates to promote music among young generation...

I also think incredible writing talent could work in journalism and or film.

okay, planetpage-i like your enthusiasm, see?

a film is a good idea-if you can suggest a director or story idea that we all would like to see page do.

a rock musical.....are you an abba fan?

a world tour with local musical giants in their own country....that's got pizzazz.

i'm definitely for his work with the trust and children in music.

i'm gonna ignore the fact that you suggested he become a journalist.....you're new. :D

I think he should do an avante garde Zooma-esque instrumental album with JPJ and Jason and then tour, but play NO zep stuff except for the ARMS/Outrider-tour Stairway instrumental and maybe some riffs thrown into medleys. I don't think Jimmy has the guts to do that because he loves playing his back catalog TOO MUCH. So he has become dependent on singers.

I think he should do an avante garde Zooma-esque instrumental album with JPJ and Jason and then tour, but play NO zep stuff except for the ARMS/Outrider-tour Stairway instrumental and maybe some riffs thrown into medleys. I don't think Jimmy has the guts to do that because he loves playing his back catalog TOO MUCH. So he has become dependent on singers.

so....

we tell page: hit the studio. bring in JPand JB, release an all instrumental album and tour behind it.

with one album and zooma, perhaps some deathwish, white summer/black mountainside, a 'stairway'....that's a light concert, hey?

what's your opinion of jason singing?

any suggestions for a title or a band name?

alright, mos.....i'm gonna let you turn this one in, only because many have already voiced an opinion that they would rather see page do this than nothing....

I wish he would do something like that. I wish he wasn't dependent on singers. I even wish he would sing though I know he doesn't like his singing. But his singing on She Just Satifies is fun.

I wish he wasn't dependent on singers.

Me, too. Just be his own guitar army and do a solo album. Get crazy in the studio and don't worry about touring. I also woudn't mind an acoustic album with JPJ- that could be kick ass.

I guess I'd also like to see Jason do a percussion army of his own. I would be very interested to hear that.

Now, if the three of them wanted to do something together, I wish it'd be just instrumental (for various reasons I'm too distracted to go into at the moment).

Me, too. Just be his own guitar army and do a solo album. Get crazy in the studio and don't worry about touring. I also woudn't mind an acoustic album with JPJ- that could be kick ass.

I guess I'd also like to see Jason do a percussion army of his own. I would be very interested to hear that.

Now, if the three of them wanted to do something together, I wish it'd be just instrumental (for various reasons I'm too distracted to go into at the moment).

alright, suz....let's get on it, now. times awastin'....

okay, planetpage-i like your enthusiasm, see?

a film is a good idea-if you can suggest a director or story idea that we all would like to see page do.

a rock musical.....are you an abba fan?

a world tour with local musical giants in their own country....that's got pizzazz.

i'm definitely for his work with the trust and children in music.

i'm gonna ignore the fact that you suggested he become a journalist.....you're new. :D

Hello,

For Director, I would choose Sophia Ford Copola (Lost in Translation). for a similar film with Jimmy Page in control of music...

I am not a Abba Fan, but I do think a 70's character of Boy or Girl a "trip" back in time could possibly work...

As for Journalist idea...I do believe Jimmy Page is a very creative/very well informed musician to say the very least...he could answer few questions from fans, ie. music - tehnical, music business, etc...

a magazine could have him as a guest columnist...

I suppose these are some area in and around the Entertainment Business...I do believe that destiny has its own plans...you never know....He might even enjoy the "sounds impossible"...

...The candle burns in every color till dawn...

I would love to hear his interpretation of some classical music, such as Plugged-in Beethoven, or Gibson Meets Mozart, (I thinks it's Gibson but I don't know guitars so whatever type he plays), duet with opera singer, that sort of thing.

I have heard talk about being influenced by Pedereski in History of Rock and Roll show.

Hello,

For Director, I would choose Sophia Ford Copola (Lost in Translation). for a similar film with Jimmy Page in control of music...

I am not a Abba Fan, but I do think a 70's character of Boy or Girl a "trip" back in time could possibly work...

As for Journalist idea...I do believe Jimmy Page is a very creative/very well informed musician to say the very least...he could answer few questions from fans, ie. music - tehnical, music business, etc...

a magazine could have him as a guest columnist...

I suppose these are some area in and around the Entertainment Business...I do believe that destiny has its own plans...you never know....He might even enjoy the "sounds impossible"...

...The candle burns in every color till dawn...

excellent choice for director. very aware of how music moves through film.

abba? i was kidding (what with the musical and all). ever see 'detroit rock city'? somehow i see zep more serious than that, but who knows.

i, too, would like to see something page has written besides music. i'm holding out for a book, but to be honest, i would buy a rabid hyena with an attitude problem if he had page's picture on him.

i think after sorting through your ideas that you might have a shot at this as well. thanks for the posts!

I would love to hear his interpretation of some classical music, such as Plugged-in Beethoven, or Gibson Meets Mozart, (I thinks it's Gibson but I don't know guitars so whatever type he plays), duet with opera singer, that sort of thing.

very good idea. have any music pieces in mind? unfortunately, my favorite classical compositions are bach's 6 suites for cello (unaccompanied)....but maybe with the bow on his les paul?

see what happens when we brainstorm?

great post!

very good idea. have any music pieces in mind? unfortunately, my favorite classical compositions are bach's 6 suites for cello (unaccompanied)....but maybe with the bow on his les paul?

see what happens when we brainstorm?

great post!

Yeh, Bach's 6 Suites are gorgeous! :thumbsup: One of my favorite songs, don't know if it's "classical" per se, is an acoustic guitar song they used in the movie The DeerHunter....."Cavatina" by Stanley Myers. Would be in heaven to hear Jimmy do that one, acoustic or electric.

2009: Acoustic UK club tour (25 dates) Opening Act: Roy Harper

2010: Page/Beck/Clapton package tour (20 to 40 dates -- USA/UK)

2011: Rock for ABC Trust Concert (mega-star global benefit in Rio)

Farewell Tour (instrumental) (USA/UK/Canada/Japan/South America/Aus/etc.)

I like that....

(USA/UK/Canada/Japan/South America/Aus/etc.)

Yes... that's what Im talking about... Please somthing for Argentina :thumbsup: .... I wanna see a GOOD Old School show...

SteveA has some good ideas, but I would get this in there as a firestarter:

Summer 2009 - A short string of riverfront festivals: "Jimmy Page & John Paul Jones w/ Grand Funk Railroad, live on Bell Isle", for example.

What're your thoughts? Grand Funk was always a really energetic live act.

Edited to add: I think it needs a new-wave MC5-esque group or something to open.

SteveA has some good ideas, but I would get this in there as a firestarter:

Summer 2009 - A short string of riverfront festivals: "Jimmy Page & John Paul Jones w/ Grand Funk Railroad, live on Bell Isle", for example.

What're your thoughts? Grand Funk was always a really energetic live act.

Edited to add: I think it needs a new-wave MC5-esque group or something to open.

No offense but I always thought GFR were over rated and besides they lost me after The Locomotion.

No openers (I see the MC5 reference, wouldn't be hometown bias now would it?), :rolleyes:

they don't need anyone else.

I do like the thought of playing with Symphony Orchestras in different cities with JP, JPJ playing and conducting and JB as percussionist.

Several Zep songs are perfectly suited for orchestral arrangements like The Rain Song, No Quarter and of course Kashmir, to name a few, use your imagination.

I'd like to see them play The Hall of the Mountain King, any other suggestions?

No offense but I always thought GFR were over rated and besides they lost me after The Locomotion.

No openers (I see the MC5 reference, wouldn't be hometown bias now would it?), :rolleyes:

they don't need anyone else.

I do like the thought of playing with Symphony Orchestras in different cities with JP, JPJ playing and conducting and JB as percussionist.

Several Zep songs are perfectly suited for orchestral arrangements like The Rain Song, No Quarter and of course Kashmir, to name a few, use your imagination.

I'd like to see them play The Hall of the Mountain King, any other suggestions?

Opinion noted.

Orchestra though? Not enough energy IMO.

And of course they don't need anyone else... but it wouldn't be a festival with just 1 performing act.

As for GFR, not overrated IMO - watch them live. I suppose any other group that has a functioning lyricist and drummer would work just as well... only one that came to mind at the time though.

Opinion noted.

Orchestra though? Not enough energy IMO.

And of course they don't need anyone else... but it wouldn't be a festival with just 1 performing act.

As for GFR, not overrated IMO - watch them live. I suppose any other group that has a functioning lyricist and drummer would work just as well... only one that came to mind at the time though.

let's take it to page:

uh, jimmy, we were thinking about approaching grand funk....

page: wot? said they blew the zeppelin off the stage?

(we duck as page throws lamps and furniture at us)

Back in the day, GFR were regarded in the British music press as the "joke" band--so way over the top they were never taken seriously and were the object of much hilarity. As a result, they got so little radio airplay that I don't think I ever heard them, and can't say whether this was deserved or not!

Certainly many Zep songs are suitable for orchestration, like the ones Reggie mentioned, but they were already done that way for the Unledded project. (Well, No Quarter wasn't orchestrated, I guess, but the point is that Jimmy at least has been there/done that.) Hall of the Mountain King is a fun idea, though!

I'm sure you're right, but you'd never have known it from NME etc. back then. They (GFR) were always the band with no imagination, Zep's volume but not their talent, and so on. It was also a bit of an American/British thing, I think. Anyway, bottom line is that I'm totally uninformed on them!

I'm sure you're right, but you'd never have known it from NME etc. back then. They (GFR) were always the band with no imagination, Zep's volume but not their talent, and so on. It was also a bit of an American/British thing, I think. Anyway, bottom line is that I'm totally uninformed on them!

Don Brewer was an absolute force on the drums (ranked among my top 5) and Farner had a pretty good voice and could kick out a sweet solo or two if need be. Theres no doubt they were 5x as good live as they were in the studio, and they were able to do it with little to no drugs. The energy of their live shows were on par with the best of em, but I suppose you're right, their studio stuff never really did it for me.

Don Brewer was an absolute force on the drums (ranked among my top 5) and Farner had a pretty good voice and could kick out a sweet solo or two if need be. Theres no doubt they were 5x as good live as they were in the studio, and they were able to do it with little to no drugs. The energy of their live shows were on par with the best of em, but I suppose you're right, their studio stuff never really did it for me.

I'm not right, I'm clueless :D (about GFR). But at the time, John Peel didn't like them, and that was enough for me.

we tell page: hit the studio. bring in JPand JB, release an all instrumental album and tour behind it. with one album and zooma, perhaps some deathwish, white summer/black mountainside, a 'stairway'....that's a light concert, hey?

You can throw in some zooma into the setlist (greatly enhanced with Jimmy's leads), as well as the 3 instrumentals from Outrider. Shouldn't be hard to fill the setlist.

what's your opinion of jason singing?

Never heard it. I think it would be better focus on the jams and not trying to write verse/chorus/verse/chorus hooky stuff. It's instrumental. That's the whole concept.

any suggestions for a title or a band name?

No. The name doesn't really matter.

Archived