Jimmy Page - the rest of his career

beatbo

Great ideas, everyone.

I wish I could come up with some singers for him to work with. I don't know of any that turn me on very much any more (my failure, for sure).

I would say the key thing is to not go around looking for a replacement Robert Plant. There may be a part Plant can play, but at this stage, I'd just as soon Jimmy and hopefully Jonesy and Jason not be limited by Plant's schedule or the demands of accomodating his changed voice or his artistic musings. Been there, done that. I want the three Js artistic musings to take center stage, now. And it would be nice to hear and see before I loose my friggin' hearing to old age... :mellow:

So beatbo, your turn! I'm dying to hear your thoughts on the matter.

alright, here goes:

this thread has exceded my expectations by a mile. there were some seriously great ideas that showed a love of jimmy page and his music that rivals mine! ( :rolleyes: )

the plan i would select would have to be an amalgamation of most of these. here's a recap of my faves:

steveajones: acoustic tour with roy harper opening and a farewell instrumental tour.

aquamarine: jimmy playing with jack white.

plantpage: jimmy does the soundtrack for a sophia coppola film.

angelwithabrokenwing: page does the classics.

docron: page does a tour of festivals with john paul jones and grand funk railroad!

sunchild: combined some floaters into page, jones, jason with joe walsh and carlos santana.

kdh: a residency at a club in 3 cities that results in an album including sit-ins.

rockarolla: wants a yardbirds reunion.

gettheledout: become a fulltime producer and open a recording studio.

chicago73: a tour that would include regional musicians.

i think most of us agree that the first order of business would be to book studio time and see if there is anything in the tank with jason and jpj. whether or not that would result in any release or tour would be totally dependant on the results. let the music find a singer (if needed). if not-no singer....

i would like to see jimmy do a guest album, but with bands only. my suggestions: rage against the machine, the cult, the yardbirds, beastie boys, rush, steely dan, double trouble, santana, csny, allman brothers, govt. mule, racontuers, etc.

bands that spread it around...

i would like to see him do a two disc set: one disc blues and one acoustic. instead of guests with 'names', i want to see him fill the sessions with the best studio players in the world (sun records, muscle shoals alumni, some nashville cats, some west coast boys, stax studios). i would buy a dvd of the recording sessions, too...

dammit! i wanna see joe walsh and jimmy page do some shows!

roy harper and jimmy page on tour-release a live album from it...

i would like to see jimmy record and produce an all analog recording of the comeback album from soundgarden...

i would like a residency from page in a club, playing slide with local bluesmen in new orleans...

jimmy page and buddy guy-"live at legends in chicago".....

well, i'm about tanked out. i have several notes scribbled all over the house about this thread, but this is what i have tonight. of course, i reserve the right to add to this, and i hope you all do, too.

thanks to all...

beat

I consulted this old lady that lives down my street and has a crystal ball. She'd never heard of Jimmy Page, but agreed to help me if I brought her some mandrake root. After roaming the forest for a few nights I was able to bring her what she wanted and she told me this:

Page, Jones and Jason Bonham will tour with singer Logan Plant and will use the name Led Zeppelin. During the tour tension will build and, during train ride in Japan, leads to a fall out between the oldies and the youngsters. Nobody gets seriously hurt, but they do break up. Plant and Bonham continue touring under the name Mad Hatter, with James Patrick Page III on guitar and Jacinda Jones on bass, keyboards, madolin and trumpet. Jones retires from music and buys a winery in Spain. Page joins forces with Lemmy and Dave Grohl. This trio will release a highly successful album, but there is no tour due to health reasons on Lemmy's side. On 21/12/2012 Jimmy is working on the Death Wish XII soundtrack in his studio, as the sun explodes. He dies with the rest of us...

Jimmy Page don't need no fucking consultant, never did - never will. But, if he were to hire me I would tell him to do whatever he wants, just let me hang out with you while you're doing it.

I hear ya! Keep the gray hair and......

Just rock 'til ya drop B)

Jimmy Page don't need no fucking consultant, never did - never will. But, if he were to hire me I would tell him to do whatever he wants, just let me hang out with you while you're doing it.

:hysterical:

jimmy page don't need no fucking snapper, never did - never will...

B)

here's the situation:

jimmy page is committed to resume his career-at all costs.

IF AT ALL COSTS WOULD MEAN A TOTAL SOULLESS, JUMP THE SHARK, LEGACY-KILLING SELL-OUT, then do an album with guest vocalists Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Toby Keith, Shakira, Jennifer Lopez, 50 Cent, Miley Cyrus, Whitney Houston and the Jonas Brothers.

Wear the dragon and poppy plant suits. Wear a wig that retains your 1970s look.

Do interviews on Oprah, Ellen DeGeneres, Regis & Kelly, The View, Letterman, Leno, etc. Suck up to them all!!

Have an affair with Madonna -- but wear multi-layered Zoso-logo imprinted Zepp-In condoms.

2nd album: Cover Frank Sinatra songs. Have Michael Buble do vocals.

Become a guest host on American Idol.

Write your autobiography. List everyone you had relations with, everyone you got stoned with, and your battles with addiction and how you overcame it all. Do the talk show circuit again.

Get all those corporate pop stars from your album to do a benefit concerts in NYC, London, Dubai, Tokyo for the ABC Trust (okay, I ripped this idea off).

Give me 5% of all the dough you make from this.

AMEN. The last thing the guys need is consultants mucking around. This is my favorite post of the day.

You have to admit Zep is doing a great job of maintaining the "cool" factor. Just think, they could be going around wearing leather pants and mascara and milking it for all its worth, while embarassing the children and grandchildren.

AMEN. The last thing the guys need is consultants mucking around. This is my favorite post of the day.

You have to admit Zep is doing a great job of maintaining the "cool" factor. Just think, they could be going around wearing leather pants and mascara and milking it for all its worth, while embarassing the children and grandchildren.

okay, i guess what needs explaining is that this is "make-believe"....uhh, let's see, put it another way:

PRETEND. it's a discussion device. what would you like to see page do if he can't reunite led zeppelin? get it? i guess posts like this is a way some fans have of maintaining their own "cool" factor.

i hope that clears up some reading comprehension for some of you. a little depth perception might help.

I'd suggest the acoustic thing as a mid-show break (maybe with Harper), rather like the Zeppelin acoustic set, but not a whole acoustic tour. Can't see Page/Beck/Clapton working for long, just because of Beck and Clapton, and all the temperaments involved. I'd love to see him working with another guitarist, though, but definitely not travelling by bus. :D

Page is by far a bigger prima donna than Beck and Clapton combined. If anyone's temperments would upset the apple cart during a tour, it's Jimmy's.

As Jimmy's consultant, my advice would be "do what thou wilt." That one took him a long way...

yes, it did. he has also said (recently): "there is a lot i can and should be doing." i don't think page owes us anything, but that doesn't stop me from hoping for some more music-in any format.

Page is by far a bigger prima donna than Beck and Clapton combined. If anyone's temperments would upset the apple cart during a tour, it's Jimmy's.

i see what your saying, but....

beck has a history of walking off tours. clapton has a personal disdain for jimmy's music. i do agree that if both were so inclined, they would make an effort.

okay, i guess what needs explaining is that this is "make-believe"....uhh, let's see, put it another way:

PRETEND. it's a discussion device. what would you like to see page do if he can't reunite led zeppelin? get it? i guess posts like this is a way some fans have of maintaining their own "cool" factor.

i hope that clears up some reading comprehension for some of you. a little depth perception might help.

Wow! You sure do take yourself and this bullshit post seriously.

i see what your saying, but....

beck has a history of walking off tours. clapton has a personal disdain for jimmy's music. i do agree that if both were so inclined, they would make an effort.

History? Beck hasn't "walked off a tour" in over 25 years. Get with the program.

Clapton is never a "no show." When he says he's going to be there, he shows.

Page has bailed on so many personal appearances in the past 10 years, I've lost count.

The last time the three of them toured together, Page was the one who shunned all the backstage camaraderie and revelry, preferring to arrive in a van moments before he was due on stage, and being whisked away in same vehicle shortly after the last notes of Goodnight Irene.

I'm sure Slowhand and the Guv'nor can't wait to get back out on the road with him.

Check mate.

Love,

Billy

History? Beck hasn't "walked off a tour" in over 25 years. Get with the program.

Clapton is never a "no show." When he says he's going to be there, he shows.

Page has bailed on so many personal appearances in the past 10 years, I've lost count.

The last time the three of them toured together, Page was the one who shunned all the backstage camaraderie and revelry, preferring to arrive in a van moments before he was due on stage, and being whisked away in same vehicle shortly after the last notes of Goodnight Irene.

I'm sure Slowhand and the Guv'nor can't wait to get back out on the road with him.

Check mate.

Love,

Billy

beck may not have walked off in 25 years, but he left stewart hanging in 84. big time. the amount of tours he's been on since probably sound like a vacation to any other fully committed act on the road. i saw 3 shows of the beck/stevie ray tour, never saw him venture out for a duel. i heard he did a couple somewhere, but never where i was. and i bought the program!

never said clapton was a no-show. said he had a personal disdain for page's music. glasses, grandpa.....right by the nightstand.

arms? i wonder how many paid to see goodnight irene or a stairway......

i don't play chess, expert.

Archived