WHAT WAS THE CRAZIEST THING THAT YOU EVER DID AT A LED ZEPPELIN CONCERT?

What was the craziest thing that you ever did at a LED ZEPPELIN concert. As for me, there are many but I'll name two. The first one was at the Oakland show on 23 July 1977. I was trying to roll a joint for my then girlfriend and I accidently rolled her hair into the joint. The second one was also at the Oakland show. I was coming down the aisle stairs carrying two cups of beer (I had a fake ID) and I slipped and landed on my back while the beer landed right in my face and chest. How bout all of you? OH COME ON, I know that many of you have stories so cough them up. ROCK ON!

Recorded the show while Peter Grant was roaming the audience looking for such devices!

I was just lucky, I had no idea that's what he was doing. I got away with it.

You were lucky in deed RoundRobin. I've read how strict Peter Grant is when it comes to audience recordings. ROCK ON!

What was the craziest thing that you ever did at a LED ZEPPELIN concert. As for me, there are many but I'll name two. The first one was at the Oakland show on 23 July 1977. I was trying to roll a joint for my then girlfriend and I accidently rolled her hair into the joint. The second one was also at the Oakland show. I was coming down the aisle stairs carrying two cups of beer (I had a fake ID) and I slipped and landed on my back while the beer landed right in my face and chest. How bout all of you? OH COME ON, I know that many of you have stories so cough them up. ROCK ON!

Sounds familiar. The ends of my hair were usually singed by someone's joint.

At my first Zep concert, I asked a guy if he could put me up on his shoulders - I wanted have a better view of the side of the stage so I could get a better view of the Zep guys (we were up pretty close but I wanted to see more). Just as he hoisted me up, the guy behind us realized his view would be blocked - I had very long hair and as the guy behind us tried to get us to move, he grabbed my hair - I hadn't yet gotten my balance and wasn't holding on so I fell backwards right onto him. To make it all worse, my hair got entangled in the guy's belt buckle. :bagoverhead:

At my first Zep concert, I asked a guy if he could put me up on his shoulders - I wanted have a better view of the side of the stage so I could get a better view of the Zep guys (we were up pretty close but I wanted to see more). Just as he hoisted me up, the guy behind us realized his view would be blocked - I had very long hair and as the guy behind us tried to get us to move, he grabbed my hair - I hadn't yet gotten my balance and wasn't holding on so I fell backwards right onto him. To make it all worse, my hair got entangled in the guy's belt buckle. :bagoverhead:

Oh that must have hurt! Its amazing how crazy us ZEPPELIN fanatics can get in a stadium. ROCK ON!

At my first Zep concert, I asked a guy if he could put me up on his shoulders , the guy behind us realized his view would be blocked - I had very long hair and as the guy behind us tried to get us to move, he grabbed my hair - I hadn't yet gotten my balance and wasn't holding on so I fell backwards right onto him. To make it all worse, my hair got entangled in the guy's belt buckle. :bagoverhead:

I hope you didn't miss any stage views in the meantime. :whistling:

Has said show been "shared" as it were? ;)

That's the million dollar question.

That's the million dollar question.

So far, these are great stories! Please keep them coming, I promise to tell you more of my stories at the 23 June 1977 Forum show soon. ROCK ON!

Did you light the joint with her hair still in it? I hope not :)

I missed Led Zeppelin when what would have been my first time seeing them. My boyfriend was purchasing tickets for us, only my second year "sneaking" to see concerts by then, but the show never happened...RIP John Bonham. My story isn't "crazy" but my best friend and I went to see Robert Plant's first solo tour with our bf's at the time. We had seats on the first row of the start of the first level. When Robert came out on the platform that extended into the crowd we pushed our way as far towards him as we could get. Made it just a few rows away, and it was a dream come true to be so close to him. I cried quite a bit during that show.

Did you light the joint with her hair still in it? I hope not :)

I missed Led Zeppelin when what would have been my first time seeing them. My boyfriend was purchasing tickets for us, only my second year "sneaking" to see concerts by then, but the show never happened...RIP John Bonham. My story isn't "crazy" but my best friend and I went to see Robert Plant's first solo tour with our bf's at the time. We had seats on the first row of the start of the first level. When Robert came out on the platform that extended into the crowd we pushed our way as far towards him as we could get. Made it just a few rows away, and it was a dream come true to be so close to him. I cried quite a bit during that show.

As a matter of fact, YES! As I pulled the joint away from her, I pulled and cut her hair resulting in the hair staying in the joint. When I lit it, the scent was unbelieveable. Then again, it wasn't bad shit at all! ROCK ON!

Mar.20, 75. Got myself inadvertently stuck between two morons that got into a knife fight. I'm still not sure how I got out of the way but I do remember hitting the floor. By the time I got on to my feet again, I was a good 30ft away from the action. Luck was on my side that night.

I still sense that there are some crazy stories out there just waiting to be told. ROCK ON!

I have the same feeling, ZFF! Some people might feel embarrassed to tell ... :bagoverhead: but hey, when Zep are concerned any crazyness is possible!

Pls do tell us, guys ;)

Oh that must have hurt! Its amazing how crazy us ZEPPELIN fanatics can get in a stadium. ROCK ON!

Yes, it did! The guy was wearing one of those huge metal belt buckles with metal cut-outs and it seemed that the more I tried to pull my hair out, the more entangled it got. Thankfully, I got it out before someone had to use a Swiss knife on it.

Nope, no stage views missed - this was before the Zep guys came out. :)

:lol::lol: I can picture this scene, MSG. Too funny...

It was hilarious, Amazonic. I would love to have seen the expressions on the faces of the people around us! :lol:

I guess it is now time to tell another one of my adventures at a ZEPPELIN concert. The date: 23 June 1977, The place: The Forum in Los Angeles, California. When I think of The Forum show on 23 June 1977, not only will I remember some of ZEPPELIN'S blistering performance, I will also remember all of the D-R-A-M-A that was going on with me at The Forum.

I was fighting with my then girlfriend Donna and we decided that we were not going to The Forum show together. Our best friends, Tod and Stacy were fighting also and decided that they were not going to The Forum together either. Stupid me, I came up with a stupid idea and asked Donna's best friend Stacy to go with me and she accepted. Donna, on the other hand, decided to ask my best friend Tod to go with her to the Concert and he accepted. I can see that this outing was doomed from the start. Just imagine all of us driving from Sacramento, California to Los Angeles, it was like letting kids loose in a candy store. Stacy and I were driving in my 1971 Chevelle Malibu Chevrolet with four of my other friends which turned out to be pretty packed. Donna and Tod went in a separate car which is Donna's mom's brand new Lincoln Continental. One of my other best friends in my car, was carrying a pound of KGB skunk weed and wanted to sell a lot of it at The Forum. I swear, I was getting high breathing the fumes of the weed from the bong loads and it smoked up the whole car. Enough of that for now.

We made it to L.A. and arrived at the Forum in record time. My best friend who was playing drug dealer was selling weed left and right till he made a sale to an undercover cop. That son of bitch would chase all six of us the whole f*c*ing night. I was always wondering why that bastard was chasing us with no backup but I'll tell you at the end of the story. My drug dealer friend did not want to leave the bong in the car since he was worried that it might get stolen so we were going to try to sneak it in. Four of the guys said that they would go in first and to meet at a particular exit door. So here Stacy and I were, waiting at this exit door for the guys to open it and get the bong. But before that happened, the undercover prick caught Stacy and I outside the exit door and started running towards us. Stacy and I started running for our lives around The Forum and when we came around to the exit door, one of my friends was waiting at the door so I tossed the bong to him and Stacy and I kept running. Blame it on the weed, but Stacy and I had to stop running. When we did, we realized that the undercover cop was gone. After being in line for a while, Stacy and I got in and walked around the Forum for our seats. When Stacy and I came up to one particular mens bathroom, I knew that it was one of my best friends because smoke was coming out of the bathroom as the door opened like there was a fire. Stacy and I were the only ones out of the six of us, to find our seats and sit down with our beers. WOULDN'T YOU KNOW IT, my girlfriend Donna showed up with Stacy's boyfriend and my best friend Tod and sat down eleven rows from us. ITS A SMALL WORLD! It was a very awkward evening. The concert started and I was enjoying The Song Remains The Same, Sick Again and Nobody's Fault But Mine. It was around this time that Stacy mentioned to me that she had to pee. I told her to go ahead and be careful. After Stacy left, about one minute later, Donna would soon be following Stacy to the ladies room. I was enjoying the rest of the concert without realizing that Stacy had been gone for almost a half hour. Just as I got out of my seat and began to go out and look for her, Stacy approaches me crying with a bloody nose and a black eye. Then Donna walks past the both of us with a grin on her face. Stacy then told me that Donna opened the stall and hit her while she was hugging the porcelain. I was so mad that I wanted to choke Donna for what she did. I told Stacy to wait here because I was going to talk with Tod about this shit. I walked to Tod's and Donna's row and called Tod to tell him that I needed to speak with him. Tod and I started walking towards Stacy and Tod looked at Stacy and asked how she got that way. Tod then asked me if I hit her, I told him no. I told him that Donna did it. Tod then got pissed off at me and took it out on me by hitting me on the side of my head. I followed Tod to the mens room and he went into a stall to do something if you can imagine what it is. Rather than open his stall and hit Tod, I had five M-80's and I figured that the bang would scare the living shit out of him. So I did it, I wrapped three instead of five M-80's together and lit all three at the same time and threw them over the stall where Tod was at. You're probably asking yourself, how did I know which stall that Tod was in? Easy, Tod was the only one wearing shoes that said LED ZEPP on it. Anyway. after I lit the M-80's and threw them over the stall, I starting jetting out the bathroom door along with everyone else that was in the mens room and you would then hear this loud bang that sounded like gun shots. As I starting running the other way away from the mens bathroom, wouldn't you know it, that son of a bitch undercover cop was coming the opposite direction and starting running after me again. It took me about 15 minutes to get rid of that bastard. I know for fact that Tod got the shit scared out of him because he told me years later. Its a wonder that Tod survived that incident. Tod was making his way down the stairway aisle, messy and all, and when he got to where Donna was and told her what happened, she turned to me and pointed her finger at me in front of everyone and said: "YOU MOTHER F*C*ER!" At this point, everyone on our side of the whole section, stopped shouting and turned and looked right at me. I WAS SO EMBARRASSED! Stacy and I would FINALLY, see the rest of the concert. After it ended, people were looking at Stacy and I funny like "WHAT THE F*C* WERE YOU DOING?" Before Stacy and I along with the four of our other friends exited out the door, one had to go to the bathroom. Wouldn't you know it, AGAIN, that son of a bitch undercover cop was chasing after us. The bitch of it all was that he caught one of my friends that was in the mens room. So when the five of us saw the undercover cop and my best friend approaching us, we figured that we were doomed. I then told the cop: "PLEASE ARREST ME, I HAVE A BITCH FOR A GIRLFRIEND THAT IS ITCHING TO KICK MY ASS!" The undercover cop then said: "GUYS, I DO NOT WANT TO ARREST YOU, I JUST WANT TO BUY SOME MORE OF YOUR WEED!" ISN'T MY STORY A BITCH? The bitch of it all is that my then girlfriend Donna wrapped her mom's brand new Lincoln Continental around a telephone pole on the way back to Sacramento. To end the story on a good note, Donna and I along with Tod and Stacy made up and we even went together to the Oakland show a month later on 23 July 1977. Then again, we had to since we already bought the tickets and all four seats were together. I'm glad we made up. I would like to let you know that I had to shorten this story. Actually, a lot more happened but I'll save that for another day. MY BRAIN HURTS FROM REMEMBERING AND GOING DOWN MEMORY LANE! I hope you enjoyed it! ZeppFanForever out. ROCK ON!

ZFF...I can't believe you're owning up to all that and sharing it....Plant and Page both DETESTED all the American firecrackers and shit that went hand in hand with that behavior.

There are SO MANY Plantations on various bootlegs to back that up. The one that comes to mind was one of the shows I was at....and I'll quote Plant

After listening to 5/30/77 Capital Center again...........

After Sick Again ...Robert asks all the folks lighting fireworks to cool it. We can have a competition to see who is louder us or those things....so cool it.

Then they play NFBM.....song ends

Plantations

"I've heard of magic. That wasn't magical though. It got my blood pressure rising a bit. I've gotten undressed before small parties in the past, but never before 22,000 people. So I think I'm gonna get dressed again."

This was because some asshole shot a bottle rocket that hit Robert's shirt and actually caught it on fire. Robert handled things with more grace then is imaginable.This show DEFINATELY is ONE OF THE BEST shows of the whole 77 tour. It may be the best No Quarter, and Achiles is spot on...especially compared to the train wreck on Bringing Down the House(the first night here)

What a four night run! I do feel so lucky!

IF the slightest possibility exists of a stateside reunion....I pray that Zep fans will behave in a more appropriate rock and roll manner.

This kind of stuff is why I don't like big shows and much prefer smaller venues. The last time I saw Page /Plant my wife and I had backstage passes and some drunk asshole tried to jump up on the balcony and steal the pass off my leg. I guess I'm too old for this kinda shit any more.

But Zeppelin are still my favorite band.

ZFF...I can't believe you're owning up to all that and sharing it....Plant and Page both DETESTED all the American firecrackers and shit that went hand in hand with that behavior.

There are SO MANY Plantations on various bootlegs to back that up. The one that comes to mind was one of the shows I was at....and I'll quote Plant

After listening to 5/30/77 Capital Center again...........

After Sick Again ...Robert asks all the folks lighting fireworks to cool it. We can have a competition to see who is louder us or those things....so cool it.

Then they play NFBM.....song ends

Plantations

"I've heard of magic. That wasn't magical though. It got my blood pressure rising a bit. I've gotten undressed before small parties in the past, but never before 22,000 people. So I think I'm gonna get dressed again."

This was because some asshole shot a bottle rocket that hit Robert's shirt and actually caught it on fire. Robert handled things with more grace then is imaginable.This show DEFINATELY is ONE OF THE BEST shows of the whole 77 tour. It may be the best No Quarter, and Achiles is spot on...especially compared to the train wreck on Bringing Down the House(the first night here)

What a four night run! I do feel so lucky!

IF the slightest possibility exists of a stateside reunion....I pray that Zep fans will behave in a more appropriate rock and roll manner.

This kind of stuff is why I don't like big shows and much prefer smaller venues. The last time I saw Page /Plant my wife and I had backstage passes and some drunk asshole tried to jump up on the balcony and steal the pass off my leg. I guess I'm too old for this kinda shit any more.

But Zeppelin are still my favorite band.

I also remember how serious the band takes fireworks and I should have realized it. However, when you get caught up in the moment, you don't think about anything else or the consequences for your actions. Its really a wonder that I still remember a lot of it. My best friend Tod, who is still alive and well after all of these years, now a big shot stock broker, reminded me a lot of the incidents that took place at the Forum on that day. Tod has sworn to secrecy to never tell me what happened on that night when Donna totalled her mom's brand new Lincoln Continental. The sad thing is that Donna is no longer here to tell me what happened. Donna also swore to secrecy and she would take it to her grave in 2001. When you think about it, its really hard to forget. I also figured that in a good way, all of you are fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics and would be more understanding about it. I also figured that I could share a lot of this true story with all of you since you do not know who I am. I also admit, I NEVER experienced anything quite like that ever again. Then again, a lot of those great friends are no longer among us. ROCK ON!

Mar.20, 75. Got myself inadvertently stuck between two morons that got into a knife fight. I'm still not sure how I got out of the way but I do remember hitting the floor. By the time I got on to my feet again, I was a good 30ft away from the action. Luck was on my side that night.

WOW "ally!" You were lucky in deed, I'm glad you made it through. ROCK ON!

Archived