WHAT WAS THE CRAZIEST THING THAT YOU EVER DID AT A LED ZEPPELIN CONCERT?

From what I remember, give or take a brain cell, it was between 12 to 14 thousand dollars a ticket after you won the lottery to purchase tickets. By the way "MisterMcLov1n," do you have the 1989 2-CD set bootleg entitled DESTROYER by Archive Productions which is made in West Germany? The CD cover states that the show was recorded off the soundboard in Cleveland, Ohio in August 1977. It should have read that the show was recorded on 27 April 1977. Its not a bad show but the sound quality of this particular release is outstanding! ROCK ON!

$200, I can't remember. It was the touts selling them on eBay for that much money. And they auctioned off a few for even more to go towards Charity. But most people only paid $100 I think....plus airfare, hotels, and food :)

GREAT stories all, I've enjoyed reading them!

$200, I can't remember. It was the touts selling them on eBay for that much money. And they auctioned off a few for even more to go towards Charity. But most people only paid $100 I think....plus airfare, hotels, and food :)

GREAT stories all, I've enjoyed reading them!

Thanks "Medhb," I know that charity made a lot of money that night. ROCK ON!

How's it going "SuperDave?" Thank you so much for the complement, I have been advised to write a script on many of my true stories at Rock concerts other than the one at he Forum and submit them to various movie studios. Believe me when I say that I do have a lot of stories to tell. I'm still waiting for more stories from all of you out there so how bout it? P-L-E-A-S-E! ROCK ON!

It seems that you like to have too good of a time. I guess you had some issues back then. I've had memorable moments at shows too, but not as exciting as involving the police and the use of blockbusters. It's still great entertainment.

Well, if all the celestial bodies in the universe alligned and I was actually able to see Led Zeppelin I would never do anything to cloud the experience, if you know what I mean.

I actually should start saving money huh. How much were the O2 tickets?

They'd better come to Cleveland!

I can only comment on Ebay.com and Ebay.ca (not sure about Ebay.uk). I tagged and watched all Ebay passcode sales (yes I was obsessed). Passcodes were an average of $500-750 US, with the lower extremes being $125 and upper extremes at $1,500 (although I did see a couple of passcodes go for $5,000 and $10,000. Plus you had to buy your tickets and hoped that Harvey Goldsmith honored them.

People sold their second ticket as "buddy tickets" wereby winners sat next to them at the concert. Buddy tickets went for an average of $1,500-2,000, with the lower extremes at $1,000 and the upper at $3,000 (again I did see a few that went for $5,000 and $12,000). Then you had to trust that the seller was honest and would meet you on the day of the show so that you both went to get the wristbands and tickets.

There were charities and tickets brokers selling 2 tickets which included pre-show, pre-dinner, VIP entrance, VIP parking, Indigo after-party or any combination thereof. I saw the ticket broker ones go for an averange of $5,000 and chariety at $10,000. Normally the higher the price involved more extras.

I can only comment on Ebay.com and Ebay.ca (not sure about Ebay.uk). I tagged and watched all Ebay passcode sales (yes I was obsessed). Passcodes were an average of $500-750 US, with the lower extremes being $125 and upper extremes at $1,500 (although I did see a couple of passcodes go for $5,000 and $10,000. Plus you had to buy your tickets and hoped that Harvey Goldsmith honored them.

People sold their second ticket as "buddy tickets" wereby winners sat next to them at the concert. Buddy tickets went for an average of $1,500-2,000, with the lower extremes at $1,000 and the upper at $3,000 (again I did see a few that went for $5,000 and $12,000). Then you had to trust that the seller was honest and would meet you on the day of the show so that you both went to get the wristbands and tickets.

There were charities and tickets brokers selling 2 tickets which included pre-show, pre-dinner, VIP entrance, VIP parking, Indigo after-party or any combination thereof. I saw the ticket broker ones go for an averange of $5,000 and chariety at $10,000. Normally the higher the price involved more extras.

Thanks for sharing that with all of us, I new that the tickets cost at least $10,000.00. ROCK ON!

Thanks for sharing that with all of us, I new that the tickets cost at least $10,000.00. ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I know for fact that many of you out there have a crazy story or two to tell. If this forum had polygraph tests, a lot of us would fail it as far as hiding crazy stories that you did at a LED ZEPPELIN concert. So cough them up, I'm dying to hear them. ROCK ON!

I never attended any Zeppelin concert under the influence of anything. No need

I never got under the infulence before any Zep Concert.

But... I did enjoy the second hand smoke !

And, in '77 I did toke up at the Houston show, about midway through, thanks to the fan I was sitting by.

All I can say is... it made something Fantasic.... even Better......

I don't think it's a problem.

I have seen kids, though, which have little or no discernment, toke up, and go nuts about some very crappy warm-up band.... yelling and hooping it up, hoping that they would play an encore.... when I just wanted the crap band to get the hell of the stage, so the headliner could start.. (That actually happened at a Deep Purple Concert.)

So, with Zeppelin, no, you certainly do not need to be under the infulence of anything -- but the Music ! ! !

As for craziness, at a Zeppelin show.... that Houston show I mentioned..... I had bought some scapled ticket to just get into the hall. It was in the upper balcony somewhere.

But when the lights went down..... I made my way to the edge of the balcony, just above the floor level.

Everyone, on the floor was standing.... standing ---on their chairs--- to see the world's greatest band.

So, I did something that had never done before. I jumped, over the side of the balcony to the floor. It really wasn't that far to jump there at the Summit. Then, I snaked my was through the "trees" -- the fans standing on their chairs.....and I literally made my way up to a vacant, not yet occupied seat....three rows back, in the center section......

The power coming off of that stage, being that close....was intense!

I can't write any more......now...

I'm just going to relive it all.... :D

The Forum Los Angeles 1977 I took 4 hits of acid and smoked 2 grams of bud and had a F**CKING BlAST!

Thats pretty much what I did and more. What date did you see ZEPPELIN at the Forum? I saw them on 23 June 1977. Its a wonder that we still remember everything that happened. ROCK ON!

I have an older cousin who went to a Zep show in Baton Rouge and drank some shroom juice. He spent the whole show laughing and crying hysterically and chewing on the Zep concert t-shirt he bought. It was in tatters by the end of the night.

I have an older cousin who went to a Zep show in Baton Rouge and drank some shroom juice. He spent the whole show laughing and crying hysterically and chewing on the Zep concert t-shirt he bought. It was in tatters by the end of the night.

When I look at your Avatar, Firebird.....

I think of a saying, slightly changed, to say . . .

"Happiness... is a warm ... Guitar ! "

When I look at your Avatar, Firebird.....

I think of a saying, slightly changed, to say . . .

"Happiness... is a warm ... Guitar ! "

Giving new meaning to the lyrics that follow, "Bang bang, shoot shoot!"

WHAT WAS THE CRAZIEST THING THAT YOU EVER DID AT A LED ZEPPELIN CONCERT?

Exchanged alcohol for sandwiches with an Amercian couple during the encores at Knebworth (Aug 11th)

That would keep you from having to move from your spot and go buy food at the stands. Great job, ROCK ON!

May 19, 1977 Baton Rouge, Louisiana

I was at this show as well, didn't think I was destined to see Zeppelin though. In February

we had to stand in line outside the assembly center box office in the freezing sleet and rain to get tickets, my feet were frozen and the crowds were crazy, bending steel barricades, jumping off the box office roof to get out after getting their tickets.

Me and a bunch of friends spent the night in two vans in the parking lot the night before. Like to froze to death.

The next day while in line near the the box office window, I remember turning around just in time to see one of my friends smack a parked car with his van right in front of the assembly center.

After a postponed show, the day we left for the show in May my car breaks down, my friend and I left the piece of crap and hitch hiked the rest of the way to Baton Rouge.

Ended up catching a ride with two guys going to the show as well. Our lucky day, NOT! these guys were blitzed.

Well as soon as we caught sight of the assembly center, we said "we'll get out here" and walked the few blocks away.

As far as the show itself, things went well, very well :)

I was at this show as well, didn't think I was destined to see Zeppelin though. In February

we had to stand in line outside the assembly center box office in the freezing sleet and rain to get tickets, my feet were frozen and the crowds were crazy, bending steel barricades, jumping off the box office roof to get out after getting their tickets.

Me and a bunch of friends spent the night in two vans in the parking lot the night before. Like to froze to death.

The next day while in line near the the box office window, I remember turning around just in time to see one of my friends smack a parked car with his van right in front of the assembly center.

After a postponed show, the day we left for the show in May my car breaks down, my friend and I left the piece of crap and hitch hiked the rest of the way to Baton Rouge.

Ended up catching a ride with two guys going to the show as well. Our lucky day, NOT! these guys were blitzed.

Well as soon as we caught sight of the assembly center, we said "we'll get out here" and walked the few blocks away.

That just reminded me of a concert-related antic but it was after a Stones, not a Zep concert. The guys who were supposed to drive us home were completely and utterly wasted. I had only a learner's permit but, because I was stone cold sober, I ended up driving all of us, in one of the wasted guy's car. We were on the FDR and one of the guys was going to be sick and yelled for me to pull over. I pulled onto a narrow shoulder, the road was packed, and within 30 seconds of stopping, the police pulled up behind us. The cop who got out saw the guy with us (who had already gotten sick) and didn't ask me for my license (which I didn't have - only the learner's permit). I couldn't believe that he didn't pull us all out of the car - he just told me to drive carefully and get the kid home - not only that, the cop made room for us so I could get back into the flow of traffic.

That just reminded me of a concert-related antic but it was after a Stones, not a Zep concert. The guys who were supposed to drive us home were completely and utterly wasted. I had only a learner's permit but, because I was stone cold sober, I ended up driving all of us, in one of the wasted guy's car. We were on the FDR and one of the guys was going to be sick and yelled for me to pull over. I pulled onto a narrow shoulder, the road was packed, and within 30 seconds of stopping, the police pulled up behind us. The cop who got out saw the guy with us (who had already gotten sick) and didn't ask me for my license (which I didn't have - only the learner's permit). I couldn't believe that he didn't pull us all out of the car - he just told me to drive carefully and get the kid home - not only that, the cop made room for us so I could get back into the flow of traffic.

:lol: Makes you wonder how we all survived. Those were some crazy times.

At Knebworth 79 on the 4/8 me and a few friends all consumed a large quantity of hash fudge. We started the night before on the way down to Stevenage in our camper van. For some reason we tried to pitch tents in a car park but desisted once we realised the tent pegs would not penetrate tarmac. Eventually we finally found the official campsite.

On the day of the concert one guy was so stoned he sat in the same position all day. When it came to leaving he could not move (stoned and seized) so we had to wheel him to the car park in a shopping trolley that we found. Along the way we were stopped by an officer of the law who asked us what was wrong with him..we told him that it was just something he ate....

How's it going "Firebird?" That must have been some great shroom juice, thanks for sharing your story with all of us. ROCK ON!

How's it going "Dzldoc?" NOW THATS A ROCK N' ROLL STORY! ROCK ON!

:lol: Makes you wonder how we all survived. Those were some crazy times.

How's it going again "Dzldoc?" That is no lie, I'm actually lucky to be alive. I have hundreds of Rock n' Roll stories to tell. Its not just ZEPPELIN stories, but many other concerts such as THE ROLLING STONES, PAGE & PLANT, THE WHO, BLACK SABBATH, JUDAS PRIEST, FLEETWOOD MAC, PINK FLOYD, PETER FRAMPTON, ROBIN TROWER, AC/DC, STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN, BOSTON, KANSAS, THE DOOBIE BROTHERS, THE EAGLES, VAN HALEN, EDDIE MONEY, PAT TRAVERS, REO SPEEDWAGON and THE BEACH BOYS to name a few. They were crazy times in deed. ROCK ON!

At Knebworth 79 on the 4/8 me and a few friends all consumed a large quantity of hash fudge. We started the night before on the way down to Stevenage in our camper van. For some reason we tried to pitch tents in a car park but desisted once we realised the tent pegs would not penetrate tarmac. Eventually we finally found the official campsite.

On the day of the concert one guy was so stoned he sat in the same position all day. When it came to leaving he could not move (stoned and seized) so we had to wheel him to the car park in a shopping trolley that we found. Along the way we were stopped by an officer of the law who asked us what was wrong with him..we told him that it was just something he ate....

How's it going "TheHermit?" Another great Rock n' Roll story at one of the greatest concerts that ZEPPELIN ever gave. I have both of these shows on DVD with great picture and sound quality. However, I do own the genuine original Souvenir program from KNEBWORTH 79 although it was very expensive. Thanks for sharing your crazy story with all of us, ROCK ON!

How's it going again "Dzldoc?" That is no lie, I'm actually lucky to be alive. I have hundreds of Rock n' Roll stories to tell. Its not just ZEPPELIN stories, but many other concerts such as THE ROLLING STONES, PAGE & PLANT, THE WHO, BLACK SABBATH, JUDAS PRIEST, FLEETWOOD MAC, PINK FLOYD, PETER FRAMPTON, ROBIN TROWER, AC/DC, STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN, BOSTON, KANSAS, THE DOOBIE BROTHERS, THE EAGLES, VAN HALEN, EDDIE MONEY, PAT TRAVERS, REO SPEEDWAGON and THE BEACH BOYS to name a few. They were crazy times in deed. ROCK ON!

Have you ever thought about writing a book? -it would be a very interesting read!

Have you ever thought about writing a book? -it would be a very interesting read!

I am seriously thinking about writing a book about not only my crazy stories at Rock concerts, but crazy Rock n' Roll stories with famous Rock stars and actors. ROCK ON!

Archived