WHAT WAS THE CRAZIEST THING THAT YOU EVER DID AT A LED ZEPPELIN CONCERT?

That is one of the funniest stories I have ever heard. I'm laughing so hard I'm almost crying. Thanks for that.

Thats a true story dear! You're very welcome! It makes me feel great to make people laugh. wait till you read the next one a little further on in this thread. ROF my dear!

Thats a true story dear! You're very welcome! It makes me feel great to make people laugh. wait till you read the next one a little further on in this thread. ROF my dear!

Another one???? Other than the one where you rolled your girlfriend's hair in your joint? I actually had to tell hubby that one. He laughed his ass off!

Another one???? Other than the one where you rolled your girlfriend's hair in your joint? I actually had to tell hubby that one. He laughed his ass off!

Go a couple more pages down, you'll love my next true story at the Oakland Coliseum on 23 July 1977. Let me know what you think of that one. ROF my dear!

Im just simply so pissed off that i was born too late to have done anything stupid and crazy at a Led Zeppelin concert! Ahh the unfairness of it ... There'll never be a band like them for me to see =[

Never, ever, ever, ever.

The craziest thing I ever did at a LZ concert was at the only LZ concert I ever attended (at the Baltimore Civic Center 1973); I got so stoned I can hardly remember any of it. Damn it. I'm still kicking myself. I sort of barely remember Jimmy's theramin solo on Whole Lotta Love, and I remember Bonzo's big ol' amber Ludwig Vistalite kit, but that's about it.

The craziest thing I ever did at a LZ concert was at the only LZ concert I ever attended (at the Baltimore Civic Center 1973); I got so stoned I can hardly remember any of it. Damn it. I'm still kicking myself. I sort of barely remember Jimmy's theramin solo on Whole Lotta Love, and I remember Bonzo's big ol' amber Ludwig Vistalite kit, but that's about it.

Hi Flipkid! How are you? I know how you feel, I hate that when it happens! ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

In Jan 1975 I was an Andy Frain usher in Chicago and was stationed backstage on their backstage room door. Before the show Robert Plant came out and stood right next to me and the five cases of Heinekens that was stacked by the door. The other two shows I was placed in front of the speakers. I will cherish those memories for the rest of my life. Talk about being LUCKY!!!!!

In Jan 1975 I was an Andy Frain usher in Chicago and was stationed backstage on their backstage room door. Before the show Robert Plant came out and stood right next to me and the five cases of Heinekens that was stacked by the door. The other two shows I was placed in front of the speakers. I will cherish those memories for the rest of my life. Talk about being LUCKY!!!!!

Hi "ljpzoso75!" How's it going? You were lucky indeed! Did you talk to Robert? ROCK ON FOREVER my friend!

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to pass a joint to a cop. He refused to accept it and walked away from me swiftly. That was 1977, if I tried the same thing today I imagine that I would probably not be going to the concert but rather into some little room at the cop shop with bright lights and mean mean men demanding to know where I got such good weed.

here's a toast to "zepfanforever". may he find another outlet without recrimination and i know he will "rock on" forever!2008_1219camera0002-1.jpg

Well said, beatbo. To everybody everywhere, ROCK ON FOREVER!

an open letter to the forum about the wellbeing of my friend, zepfanforever:

hello fellow ledheds. i didn't want to start an new thread or even beat a dead horse but there are somethings that i need to say about my friend.

i have finally read all the backlog of what went down and as far as i am concerned, it has nothing to do with me, nor does it deserve a rehash. i don't care about what happened, why, who whined and complained, or even who likes ZFF or who doesn't. this is for those who care-the real people out there who noticed another real person. not the people on here who pretend to be something they are not in real life and refuse to recognize humanity wherever they see it.

ZFF was a forum poster who i first took measure of when he posted an opinion that went something like this:

"the osmonds should be in the rock and roll hall of fame".

to myself i thought, "what a wild thing to say on a led zeppelin's official website". as i began to read his other opinions, i took a shine to the guy. he was always upbeat, not afraid of people disagreeing with him, just a real positive person who loved all kinds of music. how fitting that he should be a zep fan and be posting here. a distinct breath of fresh air (and as we all know, there is PLENTY of stale air around here-you know who you are).

we had the chance to meet. and this is the part i want to emphasize: i had this man in my home, a most kind and considerate guest as i ever have had. i took him out to a bar for drinks and music discourse (as is my wont). i must tell you, ZFF was effusive, likable and kind to every person he met that night and by the time we left (8 hours later)everyone there genuinely liked him and asked him for his e-mail, phone number, etc. it was a great night.

i met his father, a veteran and a distinct gentleman who loves his son and was very kind to me. the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. ZFF and i spent more than a few nights over his occasional visits to my town to talk about everything musical under the sun. he was/is passionate, articulate and (the most important thing to me)a very good, positive person who genuinely cares about people.

i think ZFF made a mistake. he mistook this forum for a genuine community of like minded people and he had expectations. it's not. this is exactly what it is meant to be: a place for zep fans of all persuasions, demeanors, attitudes, manners, and personal agendas, and like other places, you probably won't get your mother or your best friend here but you will meet some very cool people and some assholes. i'd say the mix is about 80/20 in favor of the cool people but some times it swings hard to the other side-like life. i, myself, tend to hibernate when it's asshole season, but ZFF let this place become a little more important to him than it really is. that's my opinion, anyway.

anyhow, i spoke to him tonight and he has some serious personal issues that he is undergoing (not unlike many of us here) and i wish there was a way i could make him feel better.

this is the only thing i could come up with. thank you for listening.

i miss you here, ZFF. rock on forever!

your friend,

beat

edit to add: i forgot to thank all who have written me expressing concern and care for ZFF. he appreciates it and i am sure if he hasn't been in contact with you already he will be soon.

i'd also like to mention that during my research of all things posted by others about this matter, i was not surprised by the negative comments or who they came from. especially when there was no fear of rebuttal from ZFF. as i said, i wasn't surprised one bit...

Thanks for the update on ZFF. I don't wish to open up any wounds or belabour the issue either but I must say that I wish him all the best and hope that he know's he has many friends here who are alway's willing to lend a hand. Count me in as one of them

can someone please tell me what's going on?

i have no idea at all, what did i miss? has ZFF been banned? has he left? is there a particular thread i should read?

i am completely in the dark. i can't imagine ZFF upsetting anyone, all the posts of his that i have read he was always well mannered, and just seemed to be a huge music fan.

an open letter to the forum about the wellbeing of my friend, zepfanforever:

i met his father, a veteran and a distinct gentleman who loves his son and was very kind to me.

...and I am sure it is O.K. with ZFF for disclosing all of this...I am glad there is someone close to him...and hoping he feels real well soon and be back...friendly people are always remembered and missed...it is a FACT...

PlanetPage

I wish all the best for ZFF and hope that whatever issues befall him that it all works out ok. I was somewhat of a newbie here and he was always friendly and supportive and was glad to have befriended him here. I miss the goofball but understand why he needed to distance himself from here. ROCK ON FOREVER!!!

• 5 months later...

Archived