Bruce Springsteen at Giants Stadium in NJ 7/27/08..

Wolfman

I never been a huge Bruce fan. All I ever hear is how great he is live so I went to check him out. First off, I couldn't believe how loud it was. My ears are ringing big time. Crowd was really into it and Bruce is a fireball of energy. E-Street band is awesome (esp. Little Stevie). They play over three hours too (with almost no breaks between songs). I have to say I really dug the first hour or so. One thing is that he goes into the crowd and takes signs for requests. That's way cool (reminded me of when Robert at Live Aid "Any requests?"). He also lets the crowd play his guitar (he sticks it out and they bang on the strings). Again, very cool to see the interaction and love between Bruce and his loyal fans. To be honest though, I kinda got bored the second hour. I didn't know the songs and except for a few great guitar solos, I wasn't into it. The last hour was fun with lots of great tunes. Overall, it was fun but I'm still not a huge fan. A bigger one then before the show but still not a freak like most of the crowd was. I can see why people love him though. Maybe it's that I enjoy blues- based bands more then his American style of rock. It was definitely worth going once!

30 Song Setlist:

Tenth Avenue Freeeze-out

Radio Nowhere

Lonesome Day

No Surrender

Adam Raised a Cain

Spirit in the Night

Summertime Blues

Brilliant Disguise

Atlantic City

Growin' Up

Janey, Don't You Lose Heart

I'll Work for Your Love

Youngstown

Murder Incorporated

The Promised Land

Livin' in the Future

Mary's Place

Working on the Highway

Tunnel of Love

The Rising

Last to Die

Long Walk Home

Badlands

Girls in Their Summer Clothes

Jungleland

Born to Run

Bobby Jean

Dancing in the Dark

American Land

Rosalita

Janey, Don't You Lose Heart

I'll Work for Your Love

Youngstown

Murder Incorporated

The Promised Land

Livin' in the Future

Mary's Place

Working on the Highway

Tunnel of Love

The Rising

Last to Die

Long Walk Home

Good to hear you ventured into new territory. I quoted above what was probably the middle hour. Although I would have been happy with the choices, I can understand your boredom. To a fan of your nature the songs are not the ones you would want to hear. You gotta love The Rising though.

Good to hear you ventured into new territory. I quoted above what was probably the middle hour. Although I would have been happy with the choices, I can understand your boredom. To a fan of your nature the songs are not the ones you would want to hear. You gotta love The Rising though.

So THAT's why it's been taking me twice as long to get home from work! Yeah, the NJ fans can never get enough of him. I like a lot of Bruce songs but am not a typical NJ fan...he's the homeboy ya know...

Archived