Come back Strange Sensation, all is forgiven...

...I'm kidding. However, it's starting to feel like Strange Sensation are becoming a forgotten band.

Mighty Rearranger was a fabulous record, and frankly I'd take more of that over another Plant/Krauss album or "That Tour"

So bite me! B)

I loved Strange Sensation too. Amazing group of musicians. Would certainly be great to see them do another record together down the line. Seems right now they too are busy with their own projects so I guess we'll have to see what the future brings.

I loved Strange Sensation too. Amazing group of musicians. Would certainly be great to see them do another record together down the line. Seems right now they too are busy with their own projects so I guess we'll have to see what the future brings.

Yes, Clive Deamer, Justin Adams & Charlie Jones are all busy gigging & whatnot.

I recall RP saying that he'd given the boys some song titles & instructed them to come up with some music. :D

Yes, Clive Deamer, Justin Adams & Charlie Jones are all busy gigging & whatnot.

I recall RP saying that he'd given the boys some song titles & instructed them to come up with some music. :D

Charlie hasn't been in the Strange Sensation for quite a while.

Charlie hasn't been in the Strange Sensation for quite a while.

You're absolutely right, Knebby - total gaff on my part. I was watching Goldfrapp playing live session on Channel 4 the other night (and as you know Charlie is now their touring bassist).

Billy Fuller is of course Strange Sensation's bass player. Doh! that'll teach me to post before checking the content... :blush:

well now I feel all bad for not knowing much anything about SS.. :blink: other than that I LOVE Mighty ReArranger! :D I'd gladly have Robert doing something with them again.

or with Alison.

or with anyone.

:lol:

I guess it's off to do some reading on the band with me.

I'm sure Robert's quite understanding of what makes people unique and is enjoying the journey. :)

(if we all thought the same way, it would be a boring world, now wouldn't it). ;)

R B)

My own wish outside of a Zep tour was for SS to do another album and tour. I saw them 20 times and had hoped they would continue.

That said I can't hep wondering what self penned songs RP/AK will come up with.

Both influencing each other it might just throw up something special.

Remember Dreamland had mainly covers followed by Mighty Rearranger with original stuff, so perhaps its a 2 album deal all round. But if they tour with another album as you would expect i can only guess that they would hit the road in autumn next year. Only they know at this time what will definitely and what might happen.

I also have to guess that they have stuff they have been working on whilst on the road rather than wait and hope for inspiration after this tours over.

I would be sad if SS were no more.

No need for me to talk about whether there will be no more Zep, its been done to death so far.

Well, The RP has spoken, and I suppose SS is just a fond memory now.

Glad I saw them.

Just roll with the flow now. :(B)B)

I just hope Alison isn't corrupting Robert with Baptist bible thumping. :unsure:

Robert is still drinking beer (I saw him have a beer on stage in Nashville, the others were drinking water) so they have not completely converted him. Has he been invited to church 500 times and informal Bible study groups 250 times? In the group he is running with, you better believe it.

:P

I might pop along to their Wolverhampton Civic gig in October B)

Oh you should - I've seen them a couple of times and they are fabulous live. The Seventh Tree is currently neck & neck with the Fleet Foxes' debut for my own album of the year choice! :)

Oh you should - I've seen them a couple of times and they are fabulous live. The Seventh Tree is currently neck & neck with the Fleet Foxes' debut for my own album of the year choice! :)

Did the ticket thing last night :)

Archived