WHAT WAS THE CRAZIEST THING THAT YOU EVER DID IN THE THEATER WHILE WATCHING THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME?

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? Here's another one for all of you newcomers. You should have a good laugh on this one too. Please remember, I was just a teenager during this time and since I'm 48 years old now, I can't even believe that I did those crazy things in my youth. Would it be weird if I got terminated from my job for no reason at all because of what I did back in my youth? Believe it or not, my employer knows! Ha Ha! ROCK ON and enjoy my friends!

Hi ZFF,

Do that now and the FBI/CIA would move your arse so quick over to Gitmo you would leave skid marks in the clouds, 'Bin ZeppFanForever' is your new forum name from now on mate. :lol:

Regards and retiring to bed, Danny

Hi ZFF,

Do that now and the FBI/CIA would move your arse so quick over to Gitmo you would leave skid marks in the clouds, 'Bin ZeppFanForever' is your new forum name from now on mate. :lol:

Regards and retiring to bed, Danny

Sweet dreams my friend! ROCK ON!

You know what, guys? My experience was completely different. There were no midnight showings of TSRTS in this country, and it wasn't even shown here for very long. I was 12 at the time, and did see it here one afternoon in early 1977, but wasn't drunk or stoned, and I didn't do anything crazy there at all. I just sat there and watched it, astonished, fascinated - and then hurried home to catch evening dinner. I even went alone! :lol: because I was NOT going to miss it, and my mates at the time either weren't going, or they went at other times. Does all this sound unexciting? Well, I beg to differ, because it was an absolutely unforgettable experience. Scenes from the movie literally stayed with me for years until I finally saw it again on VHS in about 1984, and ever since that time Led Zeppelin has had a special significance for me.

P.S.

Could you please stop putting your topic titles in all capital letters, ZFF? It's actually annoying, and we others here don't do it. ;)

You know what, guys? My experience was completely different. There were no midnight showings of TSRTS in this country, and it wasn't even shown here for very long. I was 12 at the time, and did see it here one afternoon in early 1977, but wasn't drunk or stoned, and I didn't do anything crazy there at all. I just sat there and watched it, astonished, fascinated - and then hurried home to catch evening dinner. I even went alone! :lol: because I was NOT going to miss it, and my mates at the time either weren't going, or they went at other times. Does all this sound unexciting? Well, I beg to differ, because it was an absolutely unforgettable experience. Scenes from the movie literally stayed with me for years until I finally saw it again on VHS in about 1984, and ever since that time Led Zeppelin has had a special significance for me.

P.S.

Could you please stop putting your topic titles in all capital letters, ZFF? It's actually annoying, and we others here don't do it. ;)

How's it going "Otto Masson?" I hope all is well with you. In a way, I'm glad that your experience was a good and safe one. At least you know that no one, including yourself, was going to get beat up or arrested. In reference to my topic letters in CAPITAL LETTERS, I do it to be different and original. And besides, there are others that do it also. It also helps in finding past topics that I have written in the past. Try going through many pages throughout the whole forum trying to find topics like everyone else when I can find my past topics in capital letters more easily. Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON!

How's it going "Otto Masson?" I hope all is well with you. In a way, I'm glad that your experience was a good and safe one. At least you know that no one, including yourself, was going to get beat up or arrested. In reference to my topic letters in CAPITAL LETTERS, I do it to be different and original. And besides, there are others that do it also. It also helps in finding past topics that I have written in the past. Try going through many pages throughout the whole forum trying to find topics like everyone else when I can find my past topics in capital letters more easily. Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON!

Ah well. Safe? I guess what I wrote didn't come across too well. What I meant was simply that it was fun, you know? Very different, but fun all the same. I didn't mean that what so many of have described here wasn't, or that it should have been safe or something - not at all.

But as for the capital letters, I disagree. The reason why you find your topics quickly looking for all capital letters in Topic Names is because the people who post here regularly don't use them, simple as that. Yes, there are exceptions, but those really are few and far between, whereas you always do this. You can find your topics easily by simply looking under Thread Starter - that's what I do, anyway. I won't argue about this any further here - after all it's off-topic. I actually thought the point I made was obvious.

Ah well. Safe? I guess what I wrote didn't come across too well. What I meant was simply that it was fun, you know? Very different, but fun all the same. I didn't mean that what so many of have described here wasn't, or that it should have been safe or something - not at all.

But as for the capital letters, I disagree. The reason why you find your topics quickly looking for all capital letters in Topic Names is because the people who post here regularly don't use them, simple as that. Yes, there are exceptions, but those really are few and far between, whereas you always do this. You can find your topics easily by simply looking under Thread Starter - that's what I do, anyway. I won't argue about this any further here - after all it's off-topic. I actually thought the point I made was obvious.

How's it going "Otto Masson?" What I meant was that your experience wasn't as crazy as my experience but you had fun in your own way. Everyone that is a ZEPPELIN fanatic and goes to see The Song Remains The Same in a theater is going to have too much of a good time which is expected.

In reference to your Capital Letters comment, I respect your opinions and your point was made very clear. I must confess, I have never used the thread starter or finder. I should use those features more often, it'll save me the time of going through every page to find certain threads. I don' take your comment personally and I do realize that you do not want to argue about it in which I do respect you for it. I figure that it ain't worth arguing here on the forum since we are all fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics. Thank you for your comment and ROCK ON!

I can remember back in the early 1980's (high school years for me) sneaking in a bunch of beer and a gallon of wine along with some smoking matter, to a few late night showing's of this movie with some friend's.

How's it going "BonzoLikeDrumer?" I see that you and your friends had your moments too. Ha Ha! Thanks and ROCK ON my friend!

How's it going "BonzoLikeDrumer?" I see that you and your friends had your moments too. Ha Ha! Thanks and ROCK ON my friend!

I'm do'n great ZeppFanForever! I've now finished my supper and I'm fueled up for some posting on the Led Zeppelin group!

Yes, the 1980's where a time of wild party/debauchery for me and my friend's, but those day's are over.

I'm do'n great ZeppFanForever! I've now finished my supper and I'm fueled up for some posting on the Led Zeppelin group!

Yes, the 1980's where a time of wild party/debauchery for me and my friend's, but those day's are over.

How's it going "BonzoLikeDrumer?" I hope all is well with you. Thats cool that your days are over. As for me, I feel like I was just reborn at age 48 and my days are just beginning AGAIN! Ha Ha! ROCK ON my friend!

I think it was around '01 when a local theater had a weekend showing. So my gf and i went and during Stairway she gave me head :P

Thats was a great night.

led-zeppelin-starway-to-heaven_imag.jpg

How's it going "Michael Page?" I hope all is well with you. A few of my ex-girlfriends gave me head during the midnight movies during the screaning of DAWN OF THE DEAD, THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME, THE WALL and THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW. I had a great time also so I know how you felt. ROCK ON!

How's it going "Michael Page?" I hope all is well with you. A few of my ex-girlfriends gave me head during the midnight movies during the screaning of DAWN OF THE DEAD, THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME, THE WALL and THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW. I had a great time also so I know how you felt. ROCK ON!

Im doing great thx for asking ZFF. Yeah those midnight movies are the best!!!! :thumbsup:

I cannot comment on actions taken during the several viewings of midnight showings of TSRTS due to legal implications to myself and others, from the advice of my lawyer.

But those sure were fun nights, eh?

I cannot comment on actions taken during the several viewings of midnight showings of TSRTS due to legal implications to myself and others, from the advice of my lawyer.

But those sure were fun nights, eh?

How's it going "dpat?" I hope all is well with you. What do you do for a living? Are you a Government employee, a Politician or neither? I work for the Government and I still state how I was as a teenager which I was a real hellion. Ha Ha! Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON!

How's it going "dpat?" I hope all is well with you. What do you do for a living? Are you a Government employee, a Politician or neither? I work for the Government and I still state how I was as a teenager which I was a real hellion. Ha Ha! Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON!

I just wanted to have some fun ... those movie nights were crazier than most concerts I attended.

I just wanted to have some fun ... those movie nights were crazier than most concerts I attended.

How's it going "dpat?" I hope all is well with you. NO SHIT, I had more fun at those midnight movies than I ever did at some of the many Rock concerts that I attended. Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON my friend!

man, you cant even yell in a theatre with out getting kicked out nowadays. i think its safe to say ive never TRULY lived. come on! make a time machine! :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

How's it going "ledzepluvr" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope that the weekend is going well for all of you. I just got home from the bar and am pretty drunk off my ass. Ain't that the truth "ledzepluvr," times have really changed indeed! Believe me "ledzepluvr," if I could build a time machine and we could all go back in time, I really would! But for now, all that is left are the memories filled with stories that are fresh in everyone's mind that were there back in the day. I wish that I could do more for you other than tell you my true stories. ROCK ON!

Aint dat da truth! I wonder what the parents taking their kids to the Sunday Disney matinee were thinking with the smell of sativa still hanging in the air, the sticky whiskey and beer puddles on the floor...or worse, if they're in the theater where Rocky Horror had played!! :hysterical:

Aint dat da truth! I wonder what the parents taking their kids to the Sunday Disney matinee were thinking with the smell of sativa still hanging in the air, the sticky whiskey and beer puddles on the floor...or worse, if they're in the theater where Rocky Horror had played!! :hysterical:

How's it going "Evster" my buddy? I hope all is well with you. Damn "Evster," THOSE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS WEREN'T THEY? Damn I had a great time! Being at a midnight movie in the 1970's was like deliberately misbehaving in a psycho ward! Or better yet, maybe taking part in a food fight in the county jail. I think that I was rehabilitated (Corrupted) for the worse by going to the midnight movies, how bout you "Evster?" ROCK ON my friend!

How's it going "Evster" my buddy? I hope all is well with you. Damn "Evster," THOSE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS WEREN'T THEY? Damn I had a great time! Being at a midnight movie in the 1970's was like deliberately misbehaving in a psycho ward! Or better yet, maybe taking part in a food fight in the county jail. I think that I was rehabilitated (Corrupted) for the worse by going to the midnight movies, how bout you "Evster?" ROCK ON my friend!

It prepared me for the excesses I'd enjoy a bit later when I discovered Dead concerts! :lol:

It was like prep school for stoners! :hysterical:

ROCK ON bro! :beer:

i first saw the film on my 11th birthday in '76 and i saw it many time later from when i was 14 or so at midnight showings from about '79-'83. mostly getting there on the bus after sneaking out, and walking home - about 7 miles, when i was supposed to be in bed.

at my first seeing, which was in the afternoon, i remember being transfixed by what i saw on screen and around me; my first time out among music people and afterwards asking my older brother what the strange smell in the cinema had been besides the patchouli oil. i went straight to the record shop on my way home and bought LZ2 and was hooked thereafter. two weeks later i bought the soundtrack as well and was gone.

in my teens i started attending the late showings and remember once watching a screening where the volume was really low and the crowd were shouting and jeering and getting really rowdy about it. about 1/2 way through, the film stopped and the manager came onto the platform in front of the screen and was heckled mercilessly. he shouted that there was a problem with the sound and he was going to switch the screening to the other room and would we care to make our way there in an orderly fashion please.

i was on my own and fairly near the exit and rushed my way to the stairs where it was minor chaos already; folk were dropping down the inside of the stairwell, others were trying to run down past everyone else and getting punched for their troubles. i got down by way of being young and skinny and not drunk, which everybody else seemed to be.

when we got into the other room and it eventually calmed down the manager apologised from the front and before the re-screening gave out some ice creams, cans of coke, chocolate, and apples (!?) to placate us and said he'd put it on loud. that immediately made him a good guy

it was a smaller room so everyone was packed in close together, but everyone was cheery about it. it was the first time a stranger ever passed me a joint. i was young and that was one of the first times i ever got high. it was a fairly crazy night and for an encore the last half of the film was repeated, so we'd seen the film twice through. everyone was really happy and clapping and cheering along in a complete turnaround from the angry scene earlier. i remember at the end of the film when they turfed us out there were cheers of ''for he's a jolly good fellow'" for the manager

it was after 4am when it finished, the latest i'd ever stopped out on the sly. luckily on my way out some fellas offered me a lift home and they were really great, playing zeppelin 2 on tape really loud. i was home soon after and had to sneak back in. i was really really tired but elated.

It prepared me for the excesses I'd enjoy a bit later when I discovered Dead concerts! :lol:

It was like prep school for stoners! :hysterical:

ROCK ON bro! :beer:

How's it going "Evster" my buddy? :hysterical::hysterical: My best friends Tod, Scott and I sure loved hanging out with the Dead heads in the parking lot, they sure knew how to party and have a good time! Another crowd of people that knows how to party and have a good time are those damn Hawaiians! We all snuck in the back exit and saw THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME during a midnight show and we all got caught. The Hawaiians even snuck in an ounce of this skunk weed that was so powerful that it floored Tod, Scott and I on our asses. The Manager and some staff members even joined in and participated in the festivities. I could barely even walk to the lobby in order to buy some popcorn and some other munchies. I was looking for the Manager in order to thank him for being cool and not kicking all of us out. I found the Manager but he was too busy banging one of his young female employees in his office. I had a great time that night! :hysterical::hysterical: ROCK ON my friend!

Archived