HEY, I REALLY LIKE THAT DRESS ON YOU!

Del Zeppnile

Some of this discussion was going on in another thread so I thought I would move it over here. It seems like an interesting topic, so what are your thoughts and experiences?

From the other thread:

would you tell a fellow male co-worker that you like his new hairstyle???

Sure, I've paid compliments to male co-workers before. Something like, "Hey Bob, that's a nice coat, did you get that for your birthday?"

There is nothing harrassing about noticing when other people have something new or have made a style change. Obviously people make these changes hoping to be noticed, so why not give a person positive feedback?"

Yeah it's absolutely ridiculous, you can't enforce some sort of regulation whereby people have to seek permission to ask you a question or make a comment. If you're out in the big wide world, mingling with people, you have to take it as it comes, otherwise go and live as a hermit.

Large companies are mainly run by lawyers now. They have figured out all the angles and have determined the way in which their workers are to interact in order to prevent lawsuits.

I personally have told them that just because I have a job with them, I have not cancelled my membership in the human race. I recall one of our recent 'sexual harrassment classes' where the person giving the talk was making an example by saying, "calling a woman darlin' might be acceptable behavior in The South, but in this enviroment it should be considered harrassmentl." So I then said to him, "Hey, I am offended that you would assume that people from 'the south' do not know how to act professionally -- my family is from The South!" Of course my family is not from the south but I really threw that guy for a loop -- he didn't know what to say then. I'm sure he went right from the meeting and consulted with a company lawyer.

And frankly Del, if I were you in that meeting about the "son" bullshit, I would've walked out, I wouldn't have sat there for a second listening to that crap. Of course it's not a racial insult using the term son, he was just trying to get you in trouble. He needs a thicker skin.

Yeah, a definite double standard in that regard, I'm glad you agree. I suppose the guy was trying to make the case that calling him "son" was the same as calling him "boy" but with an intention of making it racial. But I've seen this same scenario play out time and time again and I am convinced that it is all about the company not wanting to be sued. My problem with this kind of thing is that it may cause more racial indifference with whites than it should. Making trumped up racial or sexual claims in the modern workplace is out of control.

working in a male dominated field i definitely had to develop "thick skin"...but really...guys do tend to say/do things to female workers that they never would say to male workers...things that are just not relevant to the task at hand...

Obviously sexual attraction doesn't stop just because people are at work, but it needs to be in it's proper context. The fact that a large percentage of relationships/marriages begin in the workplace means that people are still going to be people.

I do not condone harrassment, but I also don't think a swimsuit calender on a guy's desk is harrassment to other women any more than a woman reading a copy of Cosmopolitan Magazine in the break room. Some people just choose to be offended by things that they don't need to be. As our society has become way too worried about political correctness, we have also started acting like a bunch of babies.

I can't speak for all women and obviously if you work in an all male environment it is probably much harder but speaking for myself in a corporate environment:

• I love to laugh with the guys, and there's always a little flirtation going on
  • I wonder how BAD IS my new haircut if I don't get any comments
  • I usually join in the hot chick discussion because it's gonna happen anyway, if they're checking someone out I'll say "Yeah, she has great legs" or, "Huh? I don't get it!"
  • I'm the first one to compliment one of the guys on a haircut or new shirt
  • I'm also the first one to say who the hell took a mower to your head?
  • I call people (male and female) and get called Sweetie, Sugar, Honey Bunch, Good Lookin', Lady, Sir, Asswipe (usually reserved for my boss) all the time.

Now a bunch of pilots? That might be a different story, at least in the office they can't display the kinda stuff that WOULD make me uncomfortable...

:lol:

Sometimes I will ask a guy who just got a bad haircut -- "Hey, did that haircut come with a banjo?"

I love to mix it up with the gals at work, but I am saavy enough to know which ones I can get away with stuff. There was once a new girl at work, short and cute with a real sarcastic personality like mine and with a lot of thick hair (as I like). But as she was talking to me about something work related, I couldn't help but staring at this big hairclip thing (you know the ones with claw like pinchers) in her hair. So she sees me looking at her head and asks, "what are you staring at?" So I said, "I'm staring at that big claw thing in your hair, what is it?" She then says, "It's a hairclip, what do you think it is?" Then I reached over and sort of acted like I was going to take it out while asking, " If I take it off will your panties fall down?" Well, she looks up at me sort of with a big question on her face like 'what the hell is this guy for real' -- and then she cracks a big grin and laughs... and we've been best friends ever since.

Was that sexual harrassment? Well, I guess it was by the rules of the company, but I though it was just harmless banter, and I intended it as an icebreaker. I'm sure some women would be offended by that. But like I said, I am saavy enough not to do that kind of stuff with all women... I have a pretty good sense about which ones are not approachable in that way. And I certainly wouldn't want to ever be denied the chance to make a woman laugh or smile... Otherwise, what fun is it being men and women?

I'm certainly going along with Medhd's views on this one. I worked for 13 years in the fruit and veg wholesale business, which was a working class male orientated working environment. Before it became a dying breed, the fruit market was a full street of about 15-20 wholesalers with about 20+ male employees each . The only females were the few office staff in each business, about 10 of us all together. In all the time I worked there, I was not once offended or intimidated by the men. Yes, they use to cat call when you walked down the street each morning to collect the post and there was alot of innuendo...but to me it was all done in jest and good fun, and I used to laugh along and gave them a bit back. I was never upset about being called "a crackin' bird" or that they used to comment on what I wore or how I looked. Those guys were a great bunch and never meant any harm by anything they said or did. I look back on those days with affection, it was the happiest I have ever been in a job. Sadly, today that behaviour would be called sexual harrassment. At that level, it's not in my book.

People are too eager to be offended.

Fucking hell I wish most people would just man up and get the fucking over themselves.

If you respect yourself enough as a person nothing anyone says should get to you.

I love banter with the guys - I can give it just as much as I can take it.

I get ripped for being child-sized, a light-weight and what not, but I give it straight back to the respective piss-taker and it's all good fun.

Obviously you need to have established a sort of relationship or 'connection' with someone before you can engage in proper banter, but once you can it solidifies a friendship. As soon as you can call someone a dick/twat/prick or whatever to their face in jest, then you've really got a mate.

That "son" episode you experienced...

As my wife would say,"That punk,thug wannabe needs to be tied to a post and fed Ex-Lax."

As Gordon Gekko would say about your crack HR dept.,They're walking around blind without a cane,pal."

And as I say...Caca de toro like that is why I started my own business 23 years ago.I consider myself fortunate that I don't have to put up with as much crap as a lot of you fine people do.There's still crap,but the piles are much smaller.

Sure, I've paid compliments to male co-workers before. Something like, "Hey Bob, that's a nice coat, did you get that for your birthday?"

now would you say..."your ass looks great in those pants, bob"?...

Good thread Del,

Yeah, it's really sad that these HR departments have to step in to tell us how to act towards other human beings....and you are right, it's all to protect the company/firm because they can say "We did all of the things we were obligated to do"

We even have a policy...if someone tells you they felt they were sexually harrassed by someone else but BEGS you not to say anything to anyone...we are OBLIGATED to report it to HR or else WE are also parties to the harassment.

Del, I'll bet you would be great fun to work with. I agree, some women need to stop being so prissy and get a little more testosterone or something. I take it as an honor that people aren't nervous about what they say around me. It fosters a much more relaxed and fun working enviromnent. When my 'big' boss is having a bad day my 'regular' boss will ask me to go in and see him. He knows that I can make him laugh and make juuuust enough innuendo to make him smile and forget about his probs for a while. You are right, where is the fun if we all have to be adrogynous...you might as well make interactions fun.

Of course, you hit the nail on the head Del, you gotta know who you can have fun with and who you can't. I work with a lot of really stuffy women who think they will appear unproffessional if they have any fun with any one! They are a DRAG!! Hell, I flirt with the women too! We bond over the 'Us' vs. 'Them' thing....Ha! We know we're boss over these guys cuz....they'll do anything we want them to if we just amuse them a little :) And that works the other way too...when someone comes to my desk and says "Hey Doll'...I'm like "OK, what's the problem" but first go ahead and finish complimenting me :D

And then there are the poor women who just can't take a compliment. That kinda drives me crazy too! Can't you just smile, feel good, and say "Thank you!" ?? Seems like guys on the whole take compliments better. I told a guy he smelled good today! Probably that could get me in trouble if he were a dick....

Edited to add a 'nt...makes a big diff

or better yet..."wow bob, your package is looking perky today!"...

...try that one out tomorrow and let me know how it goes.

Good question...I would say that to one of my female friends at work and I've told my boss his looks great on special denim days but...I know he wants it :lol: He would say the same to me also BUT....he and I are like that. I wouldn't want to hear it from some guy I was less familiar with.

Though one day, it was kinda funny. One of the guys I didn't know that well was walking behind me and he blurted out "Wow! You're legs are incredible!" At first I was a little surprise cuz I did't know him that well but then he said 'Your calves are so defined and started talking about it in a muscular way' turns out his wife is a personal trainer and he's a runner and he was just commenting on the good shape they were in....I've been fine with him ever since...even though he is a Republican :hysterical:

Speaking of which! Sorry to drone on here but...he came up to me the other day (cuz we've been having political debates and he's trying to win me over to his side) and in all seriousness he said 'You HAVE to be a Republican because LOOK!" and he shows me this pic with all good looking repbulican women and dowdy democrats and I said "I'm SURE you could turn that around exactly the other way!" and he said "Uh uH! I've LOOKED! No Democrats are hotties...you GOTTA be a republican" I just cracked up laughing....too amusing!

or better yet..."wow bob, your package is looking perky today!"...

...try that one out tomorrow and let me know how it goes.

For some reason :rolleyes: I think Del could get away with it.... :huh:

Dare ya Del, c'mon! It a social experiment! You have to do it for the good of humankind! (I almost typed mankind YIKES!!!) :hysterical:

And that works the other way too...when someone comes to my desk and says "Hey Doll'...I'm like "OK, what's the problem" but first go ahead and finish complimenting me :D

That's great! I do the same. :lol: :lol:

I know it's cutural and there's a lot of differences in the way we treat and talk to our co-workers, as well as with friends and neighbors - here in Brazil - at least from my experience from the years I lived in Germany, but I can't understand how far its' gone...we have come to a point where a compliment will be taken as an offense, in some countries...I just don't get it.

I had a boss once who used to call all his female employees "sweetcheeks". Didn't matter their age, that's what he called them. It was embarrassing as hell. Especially when you're on the phone with someone or talking to a customer and he saunters over and says "Hey sweetcheeks, go do XYZ." It was so condescending. He got fired when a customer complained to management about it. We were afraid to say anything, thinking we'd be fired.

If some women enjoy being called all sorts of patronizing diminutives like "doll" and "babe" and "honey" and "sweetie" and the like at work, fine. You clearly have a different set of boundaries and limitations for people you work with. That doesn't however, make people who DON'T wish to be addressed this way, "prisses". I'm not a piece of meat you can treat like one of your bar buddies. I know how to take a compliment and have a good time when I'm not at work. But you're at work to do a job, not look down someone's blouse and flirt with them. To me, it's just unprofessional. Some people still think it's the 1950s.

Yeah, all of this really depends on how well you know the person and how much of a reputation you have, good or bad. About 15 yrs ago us male workers were told by the company's harassment consultants that if we were smart, we wouldn't even talk to our female co workers. Of course most the females were totally offended by these statements. They actually went out of they're way to make sure that the guy's felt comfortable about chatting and cracking a joke. I definately see the need for some ground rules because some guy's just don't get it. On the other hand, most of us , male and female, know when someones gone over the line and usually we just deal with it ourselves. The scary thing is though, the person you told, was usually the first to run upstairs with a harassment complaint. Things have settled down over the years but new employees have come through the work place with all these rules in place and too be honest, I am very leary about talking to any newbies male or female period. If you give them any polite advice at all, they take that, who the fuck are you attitude and cry out "you can't talk to me that way" I have to remind them that, "I'm training you and you'll get a lot worse when your on your own ". I've been told by my boss to " try a kinder, gentler approach" as she laughs her head off. Go figure

I love banter with the guys - I can give it just as much as I can take it.

And I have to admit that I seem to get along really well with many of the English and Irish girls at work for some reason. I think it's a natural thing for them to be much more open and friendly, and willing to engage in banter than some American girls (at least the ones raised up in liberal PC minded Los Angeles).

I got to tell you, there is nothing I like better than when an English girl calls me "Luv." The first time I heard that I was floored. But alas, now the rules have changed and saying 'love' or 'babe' is stricky vorbotten.

No, but I probably wouldn't say that to a woman either. But I do like to give women compliments. I just do it with tact and usually don't have a problem. And I think it's harder these days to give compliments to younger women than older women in my experience. I believe some of the yonger women have been conditioned to think that all compliments are sexist. I work with an older woman and I complimented her on her hair the other day, and her face lit up with a big smile and a thank you. It was great.

But I also hold the door open for women (of all ages) and get up when a woman comes in the room. Call me old fashioned, but I believe that if you treat women with that kind of special respect, then they don't take the personal compliments the wrong way either.

I was with my wife and son in a resturaunt and we were in the waiting area when a group of women walked in. And since there were not empty seats I got up and so did my son. Now there were other men sitting down too, but none of them got up. But when the women coming saw us being polite, they acknowledged it and thanked us. Do you think that is being sexist, or is it just good manners?

I have had a few "liberated women" get angry when I hold a door for them. One woman said, "do you think a woman can't open a door by herself?" To which I responded, "It has nothing to do with you being a woman mandam, I would hold a door for a man coming thru too, it's called being polite."

Good thread Del,

Yeah, it's really sad that these HR departments have to step in to tell us how to act towards other human beings....and you are right, it's all to protect the company/firm because they can say "We did all of the things we were obligated to do"

We even have a policy...if someone tells you they felt they were sexually harrassed by someone else but BEGS you not to say anything to anyone...we are OBLIGATED to report it to HR or else WE are also parties to the harassment.

Yeah, I really hate that one, but I just ignore it. I've seen cases where a third party goes to HR and makes a complaint about witnessing "harassment" when the two principles in the case were just being friendly.

At some point this stuff starts to feel like Communist Russia in 1917.

Del, I'll bet you would be great fun to work with. I agree, some women need to stop being so prissy and get a little more testosterone or something. I take it as an honor that people aren't nervous about what they say around me. It fosters a much more relaxed and fun working enviromnent. When my 'big' boss is having a bad day my 'regular' boss will ask me to go in and see him. He knows that I can make him laugh and make juuuust enough innuendo to make him smile and forget about his probs for a while. You are right, where is the fun if we all have to be adrogynous...you might as well make interactions fun.

I love to push the envelope and people's buttons, while at the same time make people laugh about it. The last time I had to attend yet another sexual harassment meeting I was about five minutes late getting to the conference room. When I walked in I apologized to the other people and said, "sorry I am late I had trouble finding a date." Everybody laughed of course except the one giving the talk... oh well :)

Of course, you hit the nail on the head Del, you gotta know who you can have fun with and who you can't. I work with a lot of really stuffy women who think they will appear unproffessional if they have any fun with any one! They are a DRAG!! Hell, I flirt with the women too! We bond over the 'Us' vs. 'Them' thing....Ha! We know we're boss over these guys cuz....they'll do anything we want them to if we just amuse them a little :) And that works the other way too...when someone comes to my desk and says "Hey Doll'...I'm like "OK, what's the problem" but first go ahead and finish complimenting me :D

:thumbsup:

I believe that banter is healthy. It is only a problem when the lawyers get involved. Now it's like some crabby old Sunday school teacher is telling us all how to act. I was once told to take down a small handwritten sign that said "Caution Men Working" in my work area because it was "sexist." The next day I put up another sign that said, "Caution one man and various other persons/individuals working"

...they were even more pissed off by that one.

And then there are the poor women who just can't take a compliment. That kinda drives me crazy too! Can't you just smile, feel good, and say "Thank you!" ?? Seems like guys on the whole take compliments better. I told a guy he smelled good today! Probably that could get me in trouble if he were a dick....

I'll take a good compliment or any other kind of attention from women anytime. It's when they stop noticing -- good or bad, that I figure I really have a problem.

thanks for the posts

Yeah, all of this really depends on how well you know the person and how much of a reputation you have, good or bad. About 15 yrs ago us male workers were told by the company's harassment consultants that if we were smart, we wouldn't even talk to our female co workers. Of course most the females were totally offended by these statements. They actually went out of they're way to make sure that the guy's felt comfortable about chatting and cracking a joke. I definately see the need for some ground rules because some guy's just don't get it. On the other hand, most of us , male and female, know when someones gone over the line and usually we just deal with it ourselves. The scary thing is though, the person you told, was usually the first to run upstairs with a harassment complaint. Things have settled down over the years but new employees have come through the work place with all these rules in place and too be honest, I am very leary about talking to any newbies male or female period. If you give them any polite advice at all, they take that, who the fuck are you attitude and cry out "you can't talk to me that way" I have to remind them that, "I'm training you and you'll get a lot worse when your on your own ". I've been told by my boss to " try a kinder, gentler approach" as she laughs her head off. Go figure

How's it going all? This is an interesting topic. First of all, when I was a lot younger, I dated all of my female supervisors and a few of their daughters. I also dated a lot of my female co-workers. I love being around female workers because I get a lot of the attention such as my fellow female co-workers grabbing my ass or flirting with me like mad. I even use to compliment all of my female co-workers as to how beautiful they looked. I used to go out for drinks with my female co-workers after work every friday. I know that it is probably wrong, but I never complained about it. Hell, I actually loved it. ROCK ON!

For some reason :rolleyes:I think Del could get away with it.... :huh:

Dare ya Del, c'mon! It a social experiment! You have to do it for the good of humankind! (I almost typed mankind YIKES!!!) :hysterical:

I do not discriminate in my harassment, I will sexaually harass men too when I need to, in jest of course. I think it's probably sort of an Alpha Male trait to make other men understand the social order of things.

;)

I had a boss once who used to call all his female employees "sweetcheeks". Didn't matter their age, that's what he called them. It was embarrassing as hell. Especially when you're on the phone with someone or talking to a customer and he saunters over and says "Hey sweetcheeks, go do XYZ." It was so condescending. He got fired when a customer complained to management about it. We were afraid to say anything, thinking we'd be fired.

If some women enjoy being called all sorts of patronizing diminutives like "doll" and "babe" and "honey" and "sweetie" and the like at work, fine. You clearly have a different set of boundaries and limitations for people you work with. That doesn't however, make people who DON'T wish to be addressed this way, "prisses". I'm not a piece of meat you can treat like one of your bar buddies. I know how to take a compliment and have a good time when I'm not at work. But you're at work to do a job, not look down someone's blouse and flirt with them. To me, it's just unprofessional. Some people still think it's the 1950s.

But don't you think it should be up to the individuals to set the boundries? At least at the onset and when it's possible? Do you really think a man should be fired just for a boorish comment?

I have the most respect for women who are capable of 'laying down the law' and establishing their own lines which should not be crossed. And I think that whether it was the 1950's or in the 2000's, that women who are assertive and confident are the ones who know how to "correct" and man's bad behavior the best.

Making it seem like women are victims of harassment for only little rude comments is kind of silly. It all comes down to how the woman reacts and then communicates her displeasure with the comment. No need to call in the lawyers and the PC police... at least not at the mere mentioning of a rude word.

Yeah, all of this really depends on how well you know the person and how much of a reputation you have, good or bad. About 15 yrs ago us male workers were told by the company's harassment consultants that if we were smart, we wouldn't even talk to our female co workers....

And that is so true not only with women but with some minorites as well. It's almost as if there is a backlash and now there is even more lack of respect because it is assumed that certain folks are just to gentile and sensitive to be taken seriously. They still are hired, but nobody wants to touch them with a ten foot pole. Not even when it is in managments interest to correct the behavior of a woman or a minority. Not that this is something the legal "consultants" want to admit to. But women and minorities are now being treated like possible lawsuits just on the basis of their race/gender far too many times.

I just don't think that is good for the way they should be viewed or need to be treated equally.

Love this topic and will have to post tomorrow, getting ready to leave work and out to dinner tonight.

Speaking of politically correct, I wonder if I may ask the question here. What the hell happened to Hermit?! I miss Hermit and want him back!!!!

Maybe I missed something but I can't imagine whatever I missed was THAT big!! Del, are you having all of us lefties picked off one by one?! Will you let me know when my number is up? :lol:

I'm certainly going along with Medhd's views on this one. I worked for 13 years in the fruit and veg wholesale business, which was a working class male orientated working environment. Before it became a dying breed, the fruit market was a full street of about 15-20 wholesalers with about 20+ male employees each . The only females were the few office staff in each business, about 10 of us all together. In all the time I worked there, I was not once offended or intimidated by the men. Yes, they use to cat call when you walked down the street each morning to collect the post and there was alot of innuendo...but to me it was all done in jest and good fun, and I used to laugh along and gave them a bit back. I was never upset about being called "a crackin' bird" or that they used to comment on what I wore or how I looked. Those guys were a great bunch and never meant any harm by anything they said or did. I look back on those days with affection, it was the happiest I have ever been in a job. Sadly, today that behaviour would be called sexual harrassment. At that level, it's not in my book.

In addition to coming of age walking by NYC construction sites and getting "wolf whistles" from the hardhats, I've always worked in predominantly male fields and I've had experiences similar to the ones that you describe. I absolutely agree with you in that those were some of my happiest work experiences and the guys meant no harm and it was all in good fun. I was never offended - at a fairly young age I become accustomed to how guys act and talk so it wasn't a shock to me when I went to work as an intern on Wall Street when I was still in college. Those were the days before "affirmative action" and the Street was very male dominated. I never had any problems - and my friend and I would go out after work to the local bars with the guys (the drinking age back then was 18). Part of it was that I was sharp enough to discern what was good-natured banter and, intellectually, I was always able to hold my own. My girlfriend and I still laugh at some of the things that were said to us (things I won't share here). What we took as compliments back then, some women might now consider grounds for a complaint of sexual harassment. Our boss was named Edward and he used to refer to my friend and I and one other young woman as "Eddie's Angels" and he would call me "sweet little MSG" :lol: . All three of us were sharp and competent and did a great job. I liked being complimented and never considered myself as a "piece of meat".

[...]

Del, I'll bet you would be great fun to work with.

Well, I'd like to work with you, Miss HD, and Del!

Your right Del, it has made dealing with new employees very difficult. Nobody trusts anyone and in the job that I do, you need to have that trust. This is not to say that they are all this way but the problem lies with not feeling comfortable enough to find out. The threat of lawsuit has destroyed more than it's accomplished and whether it's in fact true or not, we look at newbies as just that untill they prove otherwise. Sad really

Some of this discussion was going on in another thread so I thought I would move it over here. It seems like an interesting topic, so what are your thoughts and experiences?

From the other thread:

There is nothing harrassing about noticing when other people have something new or have made a style change. Obviously people make these changes hoping to be noticed, so why not give a person positive feedback?"

Large companies are mainly run by lawyers now. They have figured out all the angles and have determined the way in which their workers are to interact in order to prevent lawsuits.

I personally have told them that just because I have a job with them, I have not cancelled my membership in the human race. I recall one of our recent 'sexual harrassment classes' where the person giving the talk was making an example by saying, "calling a woman darlin' might be acceptable behavior in The South, but in this enviroment it should be considered harrassmentl." So I then said to him, "Hey, I am offended that you would assume that people from 'the south' do not know how to act professionally -- my family is from The South!" Of course my family is not from the south but I really threw that guy for a loop -- he didn't know what to say then. I'm sure he went right from the meeting and consulted with a company lawyer.

Yeah, a definite double standard in that regard, I'm glad you agree. I suppose the guy was trying to make the case that calling him "son" was the same as calling him "boy" but with an intention of making it racial. But I've seen this same scenario play out time and time again and I am convinced that it is all about the company not wanting to be sued. My problem with this kind of thing is that it may cause more racial indifference with whites than it should. Making trumped up racial or sexual claims in the modern workplace is out of control.

Obviously sexual attraction doesn't stop just because people are at work, but it needs to be in it's proper context. The fact that a large percentage of relationships/marriages begin in the workplace means that people are still going to be people.

I do not condone harrassment, but I also don't think a swimsuit calender on a guy's desk is harrassment to other women any more than a woman reading a copy of Cosmopolitan Magazine in the break room. Some people just choose to be offended by things that they don't need to be. As our society has become way too worried about political correctness, we have also started acting like a bunch of babies.

Sometimes I will ask a guy who just got a bad haircut -- "Hey, did that haircut come with a banjo?"

I love to mix it up with the gals at work, but I am saavy enough to know which ones I can get away with stuff. There was once a new girl at work, short and cute with a real sarcastic personality like mine and with a lot of thick hair (as I like). But as she was talking to me about something work related, I couldn't help but staring at this big hairclip thing (you know the ones with claw like pinchers) in her hair. So she sees me looking at her head and asks, "what are you staring at?" So I said, "I'm staring at that big claw thing in your hair, what is it?" She then says, "It's a hairclip, what do you think it is?" Then I reached over and sort of acted like I was going to take it out while asking, " If I take it off will your panties fall down?" Well, she looks up at me sort of with a big question on her face like 'what the hell is this guy for real' -- and then she cracks a big grin and laughs... and we've been best friends ever since.

Was that sexual harrassment? Well, I guess it was by the rules of the company, but I though it was just harmless banter, and I intended it as an icebreaker. I'm sure some women would be offended by that. But like I said, I am saavy enough not to do that kind of stuff with all women... I have a pretty good sense about which ones are not approachable in that way. And I certainly wouldn't want to ever be denied the chance to make a woman laugh or smile... Otherwise, what fun is it being men and women?

My haircut came with eggs and cheese. Woooo hooooo Chucky, chucky CHUCKY!

Archived