HEY, I REALLY LIKE THAT DRESS ON YOU!

Del Zeppnile

Hi all,

That was the classes I taught.Well, we taught them how defend themselves :D

Before,the third class,we would ask the students to write a 'custom' scenerio,asking for the most fearfully situation/person that had happen,or could of happened.When I read(because I had to act them out),they would turn most peoples stomach,as you could imagine.One student was so angry,she keep kicking me(as the 'mugger') in the side of the ribs,there was no protection there.When it was clear she had knocked out and disabled the attacker.We stopped the class and had to explain,the difference between self-defense and assault,...

Shoot,I got many stories along those lines.

Your welcome SunChild ;)

KB

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Very admirable of you KB. Maybe you can get them to spring for one of those entire body protectors they have for you. Now you really have me wanting to take one of those classes.

Yes, my little encounter taught me a bit...I was lucky. Usually those 'exposure' types are cowards though....like peeping Toms. Not to say it doens't frighten the hell out of you when it happens!!

Hi all,

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Very admirable of you KB. Maybe you can get them to spring for one of those entire body protectors they have for you. Now you really have me wanting to take one of those classes.

Yes, my little encounter taught me a bit...I was lucky. Usually those 'exposure' types are cowards though....like peeping Toms. Not to say it doens't frighten the hell out of you when it happens!!

Well,I am glad you you get a chuckle out out of bruised ribs!HA! :P I could not smoke a stogie(cigar) for week! :D

You see,the thing is that on the human body there are only two thing vulnerable ,the eyes/head or de groin.That, puts a human out of threat,...unless joint locks,no,never mind! :lol:

"A fight avoided is a fight won."

KB

Hi all,

That was the classes I taught.Well, we taught them how defend themselves :D

Before,the third class,we would ask the students to write a 'custom' scenerio,asking for the most fearfully situation/person that had happen,or could of happened.When I read(because I had to act them out),they would turn most peoples stomach,as you could imagine.One student was so angry,she keep kicking me(as the 'mugger') in the side of the ribs,there was no protection there.When it was clear she had knocked out and disabled the attacker.We stopped the class and had to explain,the difference between self-defense and assault,...

Shoot,I got many stories along those lines.

Your welcome SunChild ;)

KB

:lol: Oh, dear...

I think with great fondness of you guys! That class changed my life.

No doubt you would leave there bruised up! There aren't many guys one can let one's physical aggression out on. Probably true of men as well as women.

I have to tell you, not stopping until you felt that a real attacker WOULD be put down was invaluable. That's the point where I learned to take the fear and adrenaline and focus it. It's also the point where I appreciated a man's strength instead of hating it... I'm telling you, a life changing class. I think they should have it in grade school!

Bless you for that work - can I send you some ibuprofen? :)

Hi all,

:lol: Oh, dear...

I think with great fondness of you guys! That class changed my life.

No doubt you would leave there bruised up! There aren't many guys one can let one's physical aggression out on. Probably true of men as well as women.

I have to tell you, not stopping until you felt that a real attacker WOULD be put down was invaluable. That's the point where I learned to take the fear and adrenaline and focus it. It's also the point where I appreciated a man's strength instead of hating it... I'm telling you, a life changing class. I think they should have it in grade school!

Bless you for that work - can I send you some ibuprofen? :)

Ok,SunChild,laugh at my pain,and no,I used something stronger than ibuprofen! :D

JD,did the trick! ;)

Yes,we also had men's classes.Another story for another time.

Grade school story:

We went to a East Boston middle school,going to teach 6th graders,the art of 'a fight avoided is a fight one' train of thought.Inner city kids,tough kids,even a 3' 6" :) Totally out of control,because they get to play/fight and not sit at their desks and learn math/science/civics,etc,.

I asked the teacher just to intoduce us as the instructors from Model Mugging as Jackie(the female) and Kevin.

I asked Jackie to just play along,we need to get their attention,so we could teach them something.

Ok,...

Before we began,I said to Jackie; "Wait!I have my puppy in the car,I got to let him take a walk!

Jackie says: You do?That's so cute.Can I see him?

I turn to the class: You like puppies?What to see him?

19 out of 20 kids,who only knew my name and that I was an a -instructor- followed me out of the classroom.

Guess what?There was no puppie in my car.The only one who didn't follow me had been bitten by a dog recently.

I brought them all back.What's my name?A few said Kevin.Last?Silence?Where do I live?Same.I *think* you get the picture,.....

It was a great class,and those midgets :P ,I hope learned something,...

KB

Hi all,

I taught self-defense for about 10 years and one would be very surprised what people know and don't.Yes,inside something is telling you something is very wrong but acting upon it?Diferent dance mylady,....

Yes,I agree it was good that dzldoc did that,but a girl/kid/women,etc can do that for themselves.

Sorry folks,don't want to hijack the thread,but if you get a chance read 'The Gift of Fear' by Gavin de Becker

KB

No need to apologize. I think "The Gift of Fear" is an excellent book. One of our student advisers here in the U.S. used to recommend it to students and then, when I went overseas and worked with young American volunteers, I recommended it to them too.

Hi all,

Ok,SunChild,laugh at my pain,and no,I used something stronger than ibuprofen! :D

JD,did the trick! ;)

Yes,we also had men's classes.Another story for another time.

Grade school story:

We went to a East Boston middle school,going to teach 6th graders,the art of 'a fight avoided is a fight one' train of thought.Inner city kids,tough kids,even a 3' 6" :) Totally out of control,because they get to play/fight and not sit at their desks and learn math/science/civics,etc,.

I asked the teacher just to intoduce us as the instructors from Model Mugging as Jackie(the female) and Kevin.

I asked Jackie to just play along,we need to get their attention,so we could teach them something.

Ok,...

Before we began,I said to Jackie; "Wait!I have my puppy in the car,I got to let him take a walk!

Jackie says: You do?That's so cute.Can I see him?

I turn to the class: You like puppies?What to see him?

19 out of 20 kids,who only knew my name and that I was an a -instructor- followed me out of the classroom.

Guess what?There was no puppie in my car.The only one who didn't follow me had been bitten by a dog recently.

I brought them all back.What's my name?A few said Kevin.Last?Silence?Where do I live?Same.I *think* you get the picture,.....

It was a great class,and those midgets :P ,I hope learned something,...

KB

Take some JD and ibuprofen, and call me in the morning... :D

Great story... see, that's the thing. Even tough kids have to learn that people are Not Nice, sometimes.

Glad to hear about the class for "midgets", LOL!

I'd also love to hear about how men respond to the class.

Hi all,

Take some JD and ibuprofen, and call me in the morning... :D

I'd also love to hear about how men respond to the class.

Hi SunChild!Thanks Doctor. :P

The mens classes were a weekend class;Friday night thru Sunday afternoon.Very intense and fun(if getting the snot kicked out of you is considered 'fun'.) :banana:

Anywho,why would some think men you'd need self-defense?The answer were as diverse as the people who took the class.Some were just scared,some like the kung-fu types wanted to learn,alot of the gay men had been victims of verbal and physical abuse,we even had a few veteran cops,...most had been in situations that they had no idea on what to do.

What we had to do was s-l-o-w them down,even when teaching the basic moves.Many of them were firecrackers instead of lazers.They had the power,it just had to be focused and also had to be 'explained.' The male ego had, in alot of cases had to be contained.Unlike say, male to female agression(not always) which involves actual contact,say the -wrong- thing(male to male) and watch the fury fly.That was huge problem,because the defender became the one who assaliant.Guess who's in trouble now? :unsure:

In one class their was a student who was bothered by the openly gay men in the class.His body langauge said it all.By Sunday afternoon,he was friends with all of them and remains so to this day,...

I guess getting the snot kicked out of me was worth it. :beer:

Sorry to bore anyone reading this,...

KB

• 2 weeks later...
hi all,

If your ever met one of my students,you'd have been in a hurricane! :P

A twister,near NYC???? :blink:

KB

yeah, it was a weather warning before...dont know if one actually happened though.

sorry about the student there. are there any nannys or dr phils in the school that can help?

Archived