What Would Be Your Desert Island CD?

Reggie29

Ok, you are shipwrecked on a desert island, you salvaged a CD player and you only have enough time to pick one disc.

What would it be?

No compilations, Boxed sets, Best of or Greatest Hits etc.

Multiple disc albums ok, i.e. Physical Graffiti etc.

This was a poll of the top 100 desert island discs on a Sydney FM station.

Do you agree / disagree with the list?

http://www.vega953.com.au/site/music/deser..._countdown.aspx

Led Zeppelin

10. IV

46. Physical Graffiti

62. II

78. Houses Of The Holy

Ok, you are shipwrecked on a desert island, you salvaged a CD player and you only have enough time to pick one disc.

What would it be?

This was a poll of the top 100 desert island discs on a Sydney FM station.

Do you agree / disagree with the list?

http://www.vega953.com.au/site/music/deser..._countdown.aspx

Led Zeppelin

10. IV

46. Physical Graffiti

62. II

78. Houses Of The Holy

Meatloaf #1??????? WTF? This disc would make me vomit profusely and that is something you don't need to be doing when water is a treasured commodity. Dark Side is an all time masterpiece but songs about insanity, lonliness and aging would hardly be appropriate in this situation.

I would personally go with a double album 'cause 2 is better than 1. Right now i'd pick PG or Exile on Main Street but in an hour i might pick something totally different.

Meatloaf #1??????? WTF? This disc would make me vomit profusely and that is something you don't need to be doing when water is a treasured commodity. Dark Side is an all time masterpiece but songs about insanity, lonliness and aging would hardly be appropriate in this situation.

I would personally go with a double album 'cause 2 is better than 1. Right now i'd pick PG or Exile on Main Street but in an hour i might pick something totally different.

That was my reaction too.

PG was my pick too, Down By The Seaside seemed apt!

and I'll make damn sure it's the quadraphonic vinyl, because it does as well! ;)

Fuckin' thing sounds great doesn't it?

You have a Quadraphonic system? No shit?

It even sounds great in conventional stereo.

I still haven't heard Rocks....I'm starting to think hard rock isn't that great anymore >_>

Get it and listen to it.

Now.

One of the most kick-ass hard rock recordings ever made.

This was the very first real true rock record I ever heard! my older brothers would play it over and over.....lol

What would it be?

No compilations, Boxed sets, Best of or Greatest Hits etc.

I remember in the very early 80’s (long before CD’s and CD Box Sets), a local radio station in Columbus did a number called “Taken It to the Streets”.

Each week, they would ask people different questions, then play them back on the air.

One week, the question was “If you were stranded on a deserted island and could only have one album to listen too, what would it be?”

Mine was Physical Graffiti, since it was a double album.

Double the pleasure and many, many great songs!!! B):D

Archived