Spats' Loveblahblahblah Thread

Lake of Shadows

Oh, don't suggest the word "marriage". He absolutely does not want to get married. If he can't handle a live-in girlfriend wanting to spend an evening with him, how the hell do you think he's going to handle a wife and children? Please. I'd fear for the kids.

What's wrong with not wanting to get married? That's not bad. People who get married are not higher on the food chain than people who do. I just don't see the purpose of it in 2008. There is nothing you can do married that you cannot do just dating or living with someone.

And i had no problem with spending an evening with the girlfriend i lived with. Just not that night.

Marriage and children is not for me. I don't want to have to take care of anyone or raise someone. That's a HUGE responsibility. I don't want to have the power to form another human beings way of life, etc. I won't want to be responsible for another persons life. I have to put enough effort into taking care of myself and making sure i am living a good life.

It does not help that i have seen lousy examples of marriage all around me. In my family and with friends. I have a couple buddies who are in lousy marriages with lousy wives. How can any of that make you want to think that it's something you want to take on? :o

If i could i would. How else am i supposed to know if there interested or not. I cannot tell anymore.

Live on the edge Spats! Take some risks!! Life without risk is boring....and predictable...but maybe that's how you prefer life? You seem to stay within a very confined safety zone...

Maybe Spats is just from the wrong era......

The Good Wives Guide from the 1950's:

Have dinner ready:

Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospects of a good meal (especially his favourite dish) is part of the warm welcome needed.

Prepare yourself:

Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people. Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.

Clear away the clutter:

Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives. Gather up schoolbooks, toys, paper etc. then run a dustcloth over the tables.

Over the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind to. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering for his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.

Prepare the children:

Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces (if they are small), comb their hair, and if necessary change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part.

Minimise all noise:

At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet. Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.

Listen to him:

You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first - remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.

Make the evening his:

Never complain if he comes home late or goes out to dinner or other places of entertainment without you. Instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure, and his very real need to be at home and relax.

Your goal: Try to make sure your home is a place of peace, order and tranquility where your husband can renew himself in body and spirit.

Don't greet him with complaints and problems. Don't complain if he's late home for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through that day.

Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair. or have him lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low soothing and pleasant voice.

Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgement or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him. A good wife always knows her place.

:o:o:o I am not into old fashioned women. People think i would want a woman like that but it's the total opposite. I want a independant woman, who has a job and her own life and friends,etc.

The only way Spats will ever get laid is if he is reincarnated as an egg.

Dude, i could have got some action in the past 6 months if the circumstance were right. There was some interest but just not by girls that i am interested in or in a couple cases the girl didn't play her cards right.

Live on the edge Spats! Take some risks!! Life without risk is boring....and predictable...but maybe that's how you prefer life? You seem to stay within a very confined safety zone...

yes i do. I want to know what i am getting into. All i want to know is if they are interested before i put my self on the line. Is that really asking a lot?

All i said was that i don't like to go downtown.

What the hell ? :o Dude....if you're not willing to do the gentle Bossa nova, you might as well throw in the towel. Listen to the rythm....linger on the sidewalks....forget all your cares dude....GO DOWNTOWN !!

What the hell ? :o Dude....if you're not willing to do the gentle Bossa nova, you might as well throw in the towel. Listen to the rythm....linger on the sidewalks....forget all your cares dude....GO DOWNTOWN !!

When you're alone and life is making you lonely...

You can always go Downtown!

Lol....Did you check out those male dancers ? That's enough to make a guy homophobic. :D

Well, if Spats doesn't change something soon they may be his only remaining option. He does get on well with his 'friends' they are everything he wants in a woman..... :rolleyes:

Well, if Spats doesn't change something soon they may be his only remaining option. He does get on well with his 'friends' they are everything he wants in a woman..... :rolleyes:

there is nothing wrong with wanting your girlfriend to have a lot of the same qualities and good attributes that your best friends have.

Spats, try actually talking about sex using the terminology grown adults use instead of the words pre-teen boys use. This just makes you look incredibly immature, stunted and ridiculous.

What i have done to make you dislike everything i say and do?? :blink: It's just a word.

I guess it is insensitive. I can be insensitive. Probably because i am frustrated. When i am happy i don't think i am insensitive.

That's not a justification.

But it's not as if i say that to their faces. They don't know that i think they are plain.

That's not the point. I'm talking about your attitude.

But why should it matter to me how the girl that i reject feels. She doesn't know why i am rejecting her. She just knows i am not interested. I don't tell them why i am not interested.

Again, I'm talking about your attitude, not their reactions. Of course it doesn't have to matter to you, I'm sure they got over it pretty easily. What I'm really talking about is your unhealthy hatred of those who have ever rejected you (even though it happened years ago). Either you're so dull that you can't see what a hypocrite you are or you simply refuse to accept the truth.

It's easy for you to reject a girl you don't like because it's ...simply no big deal. But once the same thing happens you, you make it look like the greatest disaster of the year. We all do care about ourselves, but it's not right to care ONLY about ourselves. You are not the centre of the universe. You are NOT the only one who's getting rejected. You are NOT the only one who ever gets ambiguous signals. So stop acting like a poor victim od society.

We all have love lives, but you're the only one who's got his own thread dedicated to it. I'm surprised you don't find it strange. Get over yourself.

I was told by my doctor once for good health to

"Eat it every day" 20 years later I found out he

meant my vegetables :P

And you never caught cooties?! See Spats?!

10 pages and Spats still isn't fixed. Shall we start taking bets on how many pages until he is?

And let me clarify, I mean repaired, not bodily parts removed...though hummmm, that COULD solve a lot of his problems!!!

:hysterical:

Or muff diving or rug munching or any other number of eloquent names...

Well lickity split,Gainsbarre.You caught some minor heat for using colloquialisms for cunnilingus.Oh well...

The Good Wives Guide from the 1950's:

Let him talk first - remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.

Don't complain if he's late home for dinner or even if he stays out all night.

Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgement or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him. A good wife always knows her place.

:o:o:o Jesus H. CHRIST!!! Thank heavens for those bra burners. I feel like buying them a round!

The hoops and hurdles a girl has to go through just to date Spats are insurmountable. I don't care who you are in real life, no one's sauce is that frigging special. But Spats will not grasp that, and so we shall have to keep repeating ourselves forever and ever and ever....

Archived