Spats' Loveblahblahblah Thread

Lake of Shadows

Spats I've never posted on this thread before because it really gives me a headache, but I really have to say to you one thing: PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER AND GROW SOME BALLS GOD DAMN IT!!!! that's it I'm outta here...

I saw this article and it reminded me of dear Spatsy. The last one especially.

5 Reasons Why You Guys Are Still Single

Posted Mon, Nov 17, 2008, 1:23 pm PST

Do you find yourself wondering why most of your buddies have steady dates, yet you can barely secure a first date, let alone a second (and, playing a regular game of Mahjong and Canasta with your grandparents and their friends doesn't count)? Guys, if so, it's time to ask yourself a few Foxy questions...

Do you... have a problem with eye contact? Even if you love everything about this other person, it won't matter, if you can't take your eyes off their body parts. They'll likely think you're out for one thing, or that you're just kind of creepy. Sure, they might be wearing something revealing, but that's no excuse to stare all night long. Get a grip and get comfortable with eye contact, which creates a much better bond.

Do you... eat like a caveman? Utensils are there for a reason -- so you can eat like a gentleman. Shoveling food into your mouth is not something you should subject your date to. Same goes for talking while chewing. Not only is it unpleasant to watch at a time when your job is to be easy on the eyes, it's a red flag that says you're a little short on self-awareness -- an important characteristic in a mate.

Do you... trim your toenails? Not that your date will necessarily see your toenails right away, but when they do end up eyeballing them, unkept toenails are a guaranteed huge turnoff. It means you don't take care of yourself, and valuing yourself is an important part of a healthy relationship. Plus, let's not forget the damage they can do to the other person's leg when you're snuggling up on the sofa watching movies.

Do you... order "everything on the side" at a restaurant? In other words, do you order like a girl? Please don't. Because if your date has to be tortured by, "I'll have the Cobb salad, but no cheese, avocado, or bacon, and dressing on the side, and the pasta, but no oil please, and extra light on the pinenuts," they may be forced to hide under the table or at least wonder what kind of demanding partner you could be. If you have dietary restrictions, do your best, just don't get into what will happen to your belly if you don't follow them.

Do you... assume you're going to strike out? The Secret said it once but we'll say it again: In a lot of ways, you manifest your own destiny. So, if you have lots of thoughts about being unlucky in love, you may be pushing people away in ways you may not even know. If you assume the worst of the world and yourself, spend a few minutes before your date making a mental list of why you're looking for a relationship and why you are an incredible a catch.

click for article.

Spats I've never posted on this thread before because it really gives me a headache, but I really have to say to you one thing: PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER AND GROW SOME BALLS GOD DAMN IT!!!! that's it I'm outta here...

:o:o:o

I am surprised a woman is saying this. Are women supposed to like guys who have vuneralbilities. On the other hand you see tons of women drooling over alpha males. I think women say they want one thing but usually go for another.

You are pretty by the way. :D

Do you find yourself wondering why most of your buddies have steady dates, yet you can barely secure a first date, let alone a second (and, playing a regular game of Mahjong and Canasta with your grandparents and their friends doesn't count)? Guys, if so, it's time to ask yourself a few Foxy questions...

Do you... have a problem with eye contact? Even if you love everything about this other person, it won't matter, if you can't take your eyes off their body parts. They'll likely think you're out for one thing, or that you're just kind of creepy. Sure, they might be wearing something revealing, but that's no excuse to stare all night long. Get a grip and get comfortable with eye contact, which creates a much better bond.

Do you... eat like a caveman? Utensils are there for a reason -- so you can eat like a gentleman. Shoveling food into your mouth is not something you should subject your date to. Same goes for talking while chewing. Not only is it unpleasant to watch at a time when your job is to be easy on the eyes, it's a red flag that says you're a little short on self-awareness -- an important characteristic in a mate.

Do you... trim your toenails? Not that your date will necessarily see your toenails right away, but when they do end up eyeballing them, unkept toenails are a guaranteed huge turnoff. It means you don't take care of yourself, and valuing yourself is an important part of a healthy relationship. Plus, let's not forget the damage they can do to the other person's leg when you're snuggling up on the sofa watching movies.

Do you... order "everything on the side" at a restaurant? In other words, do you order like a girl? Please don't. Because if your date has to be tortured by, "I'll have the Cobb salad, but no cheese, avocado, or bacon, and dressing on the side, and the pasta, but no oil please, and extra light on the pinenuts," they may be forced to hide under the table or at least wonder what kind of demanding partner you could be. If you have dietary restrictions, do your best, just don't get into what will happen to your belly if you don't follow them.

Do you... assume you're going to strike out? The Secret said it once but we'll say it again: In a lot of ways, you manifest your own destiny. So, if you have lots of thoughts about being unlucky in love, you may be pushing people away in ways you may not even know. If you assume the worst of the world and yourself, spend a few minutes before your date making a mental list of why you're looking for a relationship and why you are an incredible a catch.

click for article.

1. I do check out a woman's physical features for sure before i go any further. But i don't stare at them. As far as eye contact. I look at women in the eye but not constantly. Eyes have never really turned me on.

2. I have very good eating manners. It's the other way around. I am the one keeping a eye out for their eating manners. Why is it when i do that it's called nitpicking or shallow. But it's listed here as something to be aware of.

3. I have no problem with my toenails.

4. No i don't order like a woman. But i don't want a woman who orders food like that either.

5. This one i can relate although i don''t think it's the reason i am having problems. I do assume i will strike out because i am used to that. But the bad results came first. Not my attitude. How am i pushing people away without even knowing it?

I am looking for a girlfriend because i want a pretty, cool, woman who i can hang out with and have fun with. Do i think am a "incredible catch". Not exactly. And anyone that thinks they are needs to get their ego in check.

click for article.

:lol: I had to LMFAO at this guys comment...

"The number one reason men stay single: because we don't want to deal with women's psychotic bullsh*t... that's why we eat like vikings, stare at other women in front of you, and sleep with dangerous amounts of women. 98% of women are unbearably boring and constantly nag. You won't change us - get over it. lol"

Hi all,

:lol: I had to LMFAO at this guys comment...

"The number one reason men stay single: because we don't want to deal with women's psychotic bullsh*t... that's why we eat like vikings, stare at other women in front of you, and sleep with dangerous amounts of women. 98% of women are unbearably boring and constantly nag. You won't change us - get over it. lol"

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Kevin (true)

:o:o:o

I am surprised a woman is saying this. Are women supposed to like guys who have vuneralbilities. On the other hand you see tons of women drooling over alpha males. I think women say they want one thing but usually go for another.

You are pretty by the way. :D

Lets say I don't belong to the group of women who love men with vulnerabilities... :rolleyes:

I belong to the other group you mentioned :D

I've dated only with men who belong to the "manly men" group :lol: ...I just don't like "girlish" men...in my opinion it's a weakness for a man to act like a childish teenage girl....

I don't think it's true that women say they want one thing but go for another at least in my case...I've dated only with men I really wanted to date with (and only when I felt that there's something between us beyond physical attraction)...

*BTW thank you for the compliment...

Ok! here it is on film chapter 1 you can follow the series B)

What a Horror.....with a gob bigger than the Mersey tunnel......... I really dislike women who think they're some kind of goddess that should be put on a pedestal. She's much too loud for me, I'd never have survived the 26 years i've been married with someone like her........She probably spews husbands like a dog with dysantry.

1. I do check out a woman's physical features for sure before i go any further. But i don't stare at them. As far as eye contact. I look at women in the eye but not constantly. Eyes have never really turned me on.

2. I have very good eating manners. It's the other way around. I am the one keeping a eye out for their eating manners. Why is it when i do that it's called nitpicking or shallow. But it's listed here as something to be aware of.

3. I have no problem with my toenails.

4. No i don't order like a woman. But i don't want a woman who orders food like that either.

5. This one i can relate although i don''t think it's the reason i am having problems. I do assume i will strike out because i am used to that. But the bad results came first. Not my attitude. How am i pushing people away without even knowing it?

I am looking for a girlfriend because i want a pretty, cool, woman who i can hang out with and have fun with. Do i think am a "incredible catch". Not exactly. And anyone that thinks they are needs to get their ego in check.

Well, first off, it's only that when you're talking to someone, especially a woman, you want to talk to her, so it'd be appropriate to look her in the eyes when talking to her rather than constantly her breasts or something. So, it's not a matter of finding her eyes sexy, it's only a matter of paying attention to what she's saying.

Well, it's never a bad thing to be self-confident. You have every right to be proud of yourself, but you don't have to verbally articulate it. You keep your appreciation for yourself, to yourself. Then the happiness you feel, being proud of who you are, exudes and therefore you become outgoing and confident. It's not a matter of ego at all.

I was talking to this guy who had more issues about his looks than any woman I have ever met on this planet. I mean, and I really mean it, he kept constantly moaning about the way he looks in the dumbest ways:

"I feel bad, my face is too uneven. The left side of my face is different than the right side."

"Oh god, my hair is so flat today, I can't go outside like this"

"Do I look bangeable to you? Are you sure?"

"I have dark circles under my eyes, this is horrible"

It's was a huuuuuuuuuuuuge turnoff, and I tried to weather it, it was incredibly annoying. I tried to help him realize that he's not as horrible looking as he thinks he is, and then he started to blame me for all the problems he had three years prior :rolleyes:

To sum it up, he thought that constantly bitching about the way he looks and trying to make me feel sorry for him, and pretty desperately, would garner sympathy points from me and then it'd be sacktime. I dumped him out like last week's lunch, needless to say.

Like ally said, the people who don't have a reason to complain, complain the most.

Maybe she'll have a glass eye, take it out, and you'll have an open socket you can put your feet in.

Ocular sex, safer than aural. That ear wax can be messy.

What a Horror.....with a gob bigger than the Mersey tunnel......... I really dislike women who think they're some kind of goddess that should be put on a pedestal. She's much too loud for me, I'd never have survived the 26 years i've been married with someone like her........She probably spews husbands like a dog with dysantry.

Amen Brother. I can't stand women who think that either. They did to get over themselves and realize that it's not men's job to cater to their every need and worship at their feet. What an ego.

Well, first off, it's only that when you're talking to someone, especially a woman, you want to talk to her, so it'd be appropriate to look her in the eyes when talking to her rather than constantly her breasts or something. So, it's not a matter of finding her eyes sexy, it's only a matter of paying attention to what she's saying.

Well, it's never a bad thing to be self-confident. You have every right to be proud of yourself, but you don't have to verbally articulate it. You keep your appreciation for yourself, to yourself. Then the happiness you feel, being proud of who you are, exudes and therefore you become outgoing and confident. It's not a matter of ego at all.

I was talking to this guy who had more issues about his looks than any woman I have ever met on this planet. I mean, and I really mean it, he kept constantly moaning about the way he looks in the dumbest ways:

"I feel bad, my face is too uneven. The left side of my face is different than the right side."

"Oh god, my hair is so flat today, I can't go outside like this"

"Do I look bangeable to you? Are you sure?"

"I have dark circles under my eyes, this is horrible"

It's was a huuuuuuuuuuuuge turnoff, and I tried to weather it, it was incredibly annoying. I tried to help him realize that he's not as horrible looking as he thinks he is, and then he started to blame me for all the problems he had three years prior :rolleyes:

To sum it up, he thought that constantly bitching about the way he looks and trying to make me feel sorry for him, and pretty desperately, would garner sympathy points from me and then it'd be sacktime. I dumped him out like last week's lunch, needless to say.

Like ally said, the people who don't have a reason to complain, complain the most.

You can pay attention to what the woman is saying without looking her in the eye. I can get uncomfortable with eye contact that lasts too long.

I disagree. I think it is ego. You should try and like yourself if you are able to. But anyone that calls themselves a "incredible catch" or who think they are all that or great looking need to control their ego.

I am one of those people that are self concious about their looks. I can't help it. I wish i were better looking than i am and have never been able to be happy with the way i look.

Lets say I don't belong to the group of women who love men with vulnerabilities... :rolleyes:

I belong to the other group you mentioned :D

I've dated only with men who belong to the "manly men" group :lol: ...I just don't like "girlish" men...in my opinion it's a weakness for a man to act like a childish teenage girl....

I don't think it's true that women say they want one thing but go for another at least in my case...I've dated only with men I really wanted to date with (and only when I felt that there's something between us beyond physical attraction)...

*BTW thank you for the compliment...

I am not girlish though. And i don't think i act like a teenage girl. Just because i have been beaten down by rejection or passed over and want to stay away from does not make me less than a man.

I am not girlish though. And i don't think i act like a teenage girl. Just because i have been beaten down by rejection or passed over and want to stay away from does not make me less than a man.

I didn't talk specificly about you in my comment...it was a general statement...

I didn't talk specificly about you in my comment...it was a general statement...

Well you did say i should grow some balls. That's implying that i am not acting like a "man". Whatever acting like a man means.

Well you did say i should grow some balls. That's implying that i am not acting like a "man". Whatever acting like a man means.

Yes I did say it and I still think you should try to grow 'em 'cause most of the time you do whine like a girl... :lol:

oh and Spats I really think you need to work on your self-esteem and you gotta be less picky...

Archived