Spats' Loveblahblahblah Thread

Lake of Shadows

I don't know if that's the same thing. Because she did not approach. No? I didn't know she was interested so i didn't really decide or alter her future. She decided her own future by just sitting there and waiting for me to do it like most women. if she approached and i said yes or no then I am deciding her future. I don't want the woman having me in the palm of her hand to decide.

It's the exact same thing. The only difference is the means of how it was done. The ends are the same.

No i think just macho/alpha male guys would think i was a "Pussy".

I think even my ten year old brother would laugh at half the shit you say on this thread...and the fact you've spent 74 pages plus 100+ pages at the old board talking about your non-existent lovelife.

I don't think most of the women or guys here think i am arrogant or obnoxious. I don't think i am hot stuff by a long shot. I don't think i am anything special. Not even close. Ask anyone i know. I don't have a big ego.
:rolleyes:

Let's take a vote shall we? We'll dub it "Who actually cares about spats' bedroom escapades?"

I'm more than willing to bet most people do not.

It's the exact same thing. The only difference is the means of how it was done. The ends are the same.

I think even my ten year old brother would laugh at half the shit you say on this thread...and the fact you've spent 74 pages plus 100+ pages at the old board talking about your non-existent lovelife.

:rolleyes:

Let's take a vote shall we? We'll dub it "Who actually cares about spats' bedroom escapades?"

I'm more than willing to bet most people do not.

It's not the same thing. She decided her own future by doing nothing but sitting on her backside. I didn't have any part in it because we never came in contact. I would have no idea she was even interested.

I could be called a lot of things but Arrogant and obnoxious are not it.

Last night i got a free ticket to a stand up comedy act. It was not a bad night out even though i was all by myself. I looked like i was the only one there by myself. :o:o I hope not too many people noticed. There were tons of couples on dates there. And what i was talking about was in full effect. The guys were doing everything. From opening the door when they came in, to buying the drinks and whatever food, to making sure she was seated first. And the women were doing absolutely nothing but sitting back and enjoying. It was so lopsided it was ridiculous. I was looking for a sign on the wall that said "Ladies Night". But there wasn't one. It was unbelievable.

It's not the same thing. She decided her own future by doing nothing but sitting on her backside. I didn't have any part in it because we never came in contact. I would have no idea she was even interested.
The guy can "decide her future" by sit on his ass and not approach the lady.

Same thing spat. The exact same thing.

I could be called a lot of things but Arrogant and obnoxious are not it.

Oh, I strongly disagree

Last night i got a free ticket to a stand up comedy act. It was not a bad night out even though i was all by myself. I looked like i was the only one there by myself. :o:o I hope not too many people noticed. There were tons of couples on dates there. And what i was talking about was in full effect. The guys were doing everything. From opening the door when they came in, to buying the drinks and whatever food, to making sure she was seated first. And the women were doing absolutely nothing but sitting back and enjoying. It was so lopsided it was ridiculous. I was looking for a sign on the wall that said "Ladies Night". But there wasn't one. It was unbelievable.

A guy opening the door for a lady? Making sure that their partners were seated first? How dare they treat their dates with respect! The nerve of some people :rolleyes:

It's called chivalry, Spats. Something that clearly died in you years ago, if it was ever there.

So what if they paid for their partner's drink? How do you know that the women didn't offer to buy stuff first? How do you know that some of the women weren't being treated because of a special occasion, such as their birthday? Yesterday I turned 23 and I offered and offered but my boyfriend wouldn't let me pay for a thing. The day before we went to London - and that wasn't cheap - and, again, he wouldn't let me pay for a thing. I had to plead with him to allow me to buy some drinks on the train back. For most decent men it's in their nature to want to take care of their partner. There's nothing 'alpha' about it.

You should never assume anything about a couple. Perhaps this is why you aren't with anyone. Who are you to question why a guy wants to make his date feel special? How do you know she hasn't compromised something for him? She may not like stand-up. Just because he's looking after her it doesn't mean it's 'Ladies Night', and to think so is insulting, quite frankly. That's the reason why you were alone and no one else.

It's unbelievable that you're still single. How, oh, how are you not in a relationship with a mentality like that? It really beggars belief...

I'm gonna have to go before I really lose my rag with you. You say you don't have a big ego, so stop fucking courting attention by continually moaning on threads about your romantic failings.

A guy opening the door for a lady? Making sure that their partners were seated first? How dare they treat their dates with respect! The nerve of some people :rolleyes:

It's called chivalry, Spats. Something that clearly died in you years ago, if it was ever there.

So what if they paid for their partner's drink? How do you know that the women didn't offer to buy stuff first? How do you know that some of the women weren't being treated because of a special occasion, such as their birthday? Yesterday I turned 23 and I offered and offered but my boyfriend wouldn't let me pay for a thing. The day before we went to London - and that wasn't cheap - and, again, he wouldn't let me pay for a thing. I had to plead with him to allow me to buy some drinks on the train back. For most decent men it's in their nature to want to take care of their partner. There's nothing 'alpha' about it.

You should never assume anything about a couple. Perhaps this is why you aren't with anyone. Who are you to question why a guy wants to make his date feel special? How do you know she hasn't compromised something for him? She may not like stand-up. Just because he's looking after her it doesn't mean it's 'Ladies Night', and to think so is insulting, quite frankly. That's the reason why you were alone and no one else.

It's unbelievable that you're still single. How, oh, how are you not in a relationship with a mentality like that? It really beggars belief...

I'm gonna have to go before I really lose my rag with you. You say you don't have a big ego, so stop fucking courting attention by continually moaning on threads about your romantic failings.

I don't have a problem with them doing something nice. It's just that it's so freaking onesided. The women were doing absolutely nothing! The guy was doing everything. And i doubt it was every woman's birthday last night. The "dating rituals" are completely in favour of the women. It's like the guy is an after thought. It's all about her and that he does not matter except to keep her toes tapping. It should be going both ways equally. It's like the men are there to serve the women. It drives me nuts.

I don't think that's the reason i am alone. There is more to it than that.

Chivalry enslaves men! :rolleyes:

Men do things like that willingly. If a chick did that to him, he's gratiously accept. So do women. What a surprise!

Then we must commend Spats for breaking out of the shackles that are chilvary.

To him, the very idea that he should hold the door open for a woman is enough to curdle his insides. The fact that this is seen as something particularly unbelievable to him is quite telling. I suppose he would prefer it if he let the door slam in her face? That's a sure fire way to win her heart.

He's not a misogynist, but he sure as hell don't respect women.

Chivalry enslaves men! :rolleyes:

Men do things like that willingly. If a chick did that to him, he's gratiously accept. So do women. What a surprise!

But dude, women are rarely doing that for men. They sure as hell were not doing it last night.

On the bright side. I had a good laugh last night. I think i am going to go to those comedy clubs more often.

Then we must commend Spats for breaking out of the shackles that are chilvary.

To him, the very idea that he should hold the door open for a woman is enough to curdle his insides. The fact that this is seen as something particularly unbelievable to him is quite telling. I suppose he would prefer it if he let the door slam in her face? That's a sure fire way to win her heart.

He's not a misogynist, but he sure as hell don't respect women.

When it's one sided it's wrong. I respect people who i like. I want women to be treated equally. That's respecting them isn't it? I treat people the way i am treated. I don't treat women more special than i treat myself but i don't treat them worse. I don't treat anyone badly.

I don't have a problem with them doing something nice. It's just that it's so freaking onesided. The women were doing absolutely nothing! The guy was doing everything. And i doubt it was every woman's birthday last night. The "dating rituals" are completely in favour of the women. It's like the guy is an after thought. It's all about her and that he does not matter except to keep her toes tapping. It should be going both ways equally. It's like the men are there to serve the women. It drives me nuts.

I didn't say it was every woman's birthday. I said how do you know it wasn't a special occasion for some of them? You don't know shit about people's relationships, so don't assume that it's all one-sided.

By your logic it's women who should be the afterthought. As long as you're happy, that's all that matters. There's no equality in that. The contempt that's starting to seep through your posts is astounding.

Perhaps you'd have better luck with the fellas?

You're really very naive if you think that those men will not get anything in return. :slapface::rolleyes:

That's probably all I have to say, anything else would be a waste of time.

No, one more thing.

It is true that my boyfriend treats me like a princess, BUT! He enjoys it even more than me. And I can assure you that he still matters a LOT.

I didn't say it was every woman's birthday. I said how do you know it wasn't a special occasion for some of them? You don't know shit about people's relationships, so don't assume that it's all one-sided.

By your logic it's women who should be the afterthought. As long as you're happy, that's all that matters. There's no equality in that. The contempt that's starting to seep through your posts is astounding.

Perhaps you'd have better luck with the fellas?

Last night it was one sided. In almost every case i witnessed. Even if it is another special occasion like say an anniversary some other routine. It still seemed to be all about the females.

I don't think women should be an afterthought at all. I do make sure i am happy but not at their expense. Both people should be happy. Not just one.

Last night it was one sided. In almost every case i witnessed. Even if it is another special occasion like say an anniversary some other routine. It still seemed to be all about the females.

I don't think women should be an afterthought at all. I do make sure i am happy but not at their expense. Both people should be happy. Not just one.

You're assuming the man isn't happy because he pays. Didn't you read what Wannabe said? Men willing offer and women graciously accept. And it works the other way, too.

You're really very naive if you think that those men will not get anything in return. :slapface::rolleyes:

That's probably all I have to say, anything else would be a waste of time.

No, one more thing.

It is true that my boyfriend treats me like a princess, BUT! He enjoys it even more than me. And I can assure you that he still matters a LOT.

You think that every single guy last night would be getting rewarded? Especially if it was a get to know ya date?

Well i hope you appreciate him and treat him like a King if he is doing all of that for you. Because men don't get appreciated like women do.

How do you even know what was truly going on?

You know, a back in October, I went to a concert with a guy. I paid for the tickets-which were not cheap-and we took my car. So, at the concert, he decided to pay for every single one of my drinks. If was a fair deal. However, had you been at the concert, your bitter little heart would only have seen the fact that he was buying all my drinks, and I was doing nothing. And you would have thought it was unfair.

Do you see what I am getting at with this? You can't judge a situation, because you don't truly know all the details, do you!

You're assuming the man isn't happy because he pays. Didn't you read what Wannabe said? Men willing offer and women graciously accept. And it works the other way, too.

I would not doubt that there are some men that like to do all of the paying and catering to every single need the woman has. It was probably drilled into their heads when they were little boys to always put women first. Hell, i was told it when i was a kid. That women were extra special. But i have never met a woman or known a woman who believed that you should always put the man first. Maybe in the old days like the 50's.

You think that every single guy last night would be getting rewarded? Especially if it was a get to know ya date?

I think that they wouldn't be doing it if they really didn't want to. 'Dating habits' were not created by women.

Well i hope you appreciate him and treat him like a King if he is doing all of that for you. Because men don't get appreciated like women do.

Jeesus, you hope...

You know, I think that's really not your besiness. You're in no position to talk to me like that, with your trivial and ridiculous pet peeves. There are more important things and problems to deal with. The way we treat each other in public really isn't one of them. He treats me nicely simply because HE wants to, and I do far more than just 'appreciate' him. What you're bitching about here is completely unimportant. Even thirteen year old girls would soon get bored with you.

How do you even know what was truly going on?

You know, a back in October, I went to a concert with a guy. I paid for the tickets-which were not cheap-and we took my car. So, at the concert, he decided to pay for every single one of my drinks. If was a fair deal. However, had you been at the concert, your bitter little heart would only have seen the fact that he was buying all my drinks, and I was doing nothing. And you would have thought it was unfair.

Do you see what I am getting at with this? You can't judge a situation, because you don't truly know all the details, do you!

You make a good point Bonnie.

But that does not mean that some of them were the exact way i am describing it. Not all women are doing what you did.

I think that they wouldn't be doing it if they really didn't want to. 'Dating habits' were not created by women.

Jeesus, you hope...

You know, I think that's really not your besiness. You're in no position to talk to me like that, with your trivial and ridiculous pet peeves. There are more important things and problems to deal with. The way we treat each other in public really isn't one of them. He treats me nicely simply because HE wants to, and I do far more than just 'appreciate' him. What you're bitching about here is completely unimportant. Even thirteen year old girls would soon get bored with you.

You brought you're relationship up. I was just commenting on what you said.

I wouldn't doubt teenage girls would not like my opinion. They are into the whole Knight in Shining armour routine. That's why movies like Titanic were huge. And the Twilight nonsense. A some friends went to see it and teenage girls were awwwing and squealing.

You brought you're relationship up. I was just commenting on what you said.

No Spats, you patronisingly commented on what you thought I said. I only mentioned that he treats me nicely simply because he wants to. I do treat him like a 'King' (simply because I do love him, not because he 'is doing all that for me'), you don't have to voice your hopes. That was in fact very impolite of you.

I wouldn't doubt teenage girls would not like my opinion. They are into the whole Knight in Shining armour routine. That's why movies like Titanic were huge.

No Spats, what I meant was that you're more bitchy and whinny than any thirteen year old girl I've ever known. You would soon get on their nerves.

Archived