Spats' Loveblahblahblah Thread

Lake of Shadows

Like the other girl you don't understand what i am saying. I didn't say that any of you

re guys get physical. I said that a man cannot keep a woman from paying by just insisting. The woman can just get out of her chair and pay (if she has the money).

And let's cancel out people who are broke too. If a person can't afford to pay thay can't. Fair enough. But nobody can keep anyone from paying using just words.

I guess we don't understand the rules of dating according to Spats. We're only the ones in relationships - what would we know? :rolleyes:

Have you ever been a situation where you insisted that you'd pay, only to have the other person beat you to it? Nothing backhanded, sneaky, physical, or violent to it.

I don't know what restaurants you go to (McDonalds doesn't count), but people don't stand up and just pay - the bill is asked for. At this point you may decide you'll pay, only to have your date/partner snatch up said bill before you can. You can't really do much after that. It's paid for.

I definitely can understand how it is struggling with money, longdistance. I hope you are content with your life though.

I don't like to ask for much, but when I really do need something [not an Ipod, say something for my health] I still feel a little bit guilty when my father has to pay for it all.

Especially my expensive medical bills, I still feel guilty when my father pays for it.

I shouldn't because I'm a minor :blink:

But, I guess it's a naturally innate side of me

My father doesn't get physical either. He, in fact, gets a bit annoyed when I insist I'll pay him back. But he kindly explains that he can pay for it.

I don't want to have a boyfriend in high school, but it was a poor judgment to make, Spats

And even though it's a different realm of love than having a boyfriend, my father still does love me and wants me to just be a happy person [shutting down pleas that I'll pay him back when I have a job]

I know teenage friends whose fathers literally force them to get a job and pay for everything themselves: medical bills and all.

Some people insist to aid out of love, not hatred or force.

I guess we don't understand the rules of dating according to Spats. We're only the ones in relationships - what would we know? :rolleyes:

Have you ever been a situation where you insisted that you'd pay, only to have the other person beat you to it? Nothing backhanded, sneaky, physical, or violent to it.

I don't know what restaurants you go to (McDonalds doesn't count), but people don't stand up and just pay - the bill is asked for. At this point you may decide you'll pay, only to have your date/partner snatch up said bill before you can. You can't really do much after that. It's paid for.

Yes it has and i gave them my money anyways.

In most restaurants they come and bring the bill to you're table in front of all of you. That's when you pay the bill. You have to wait until the waitress comes and get's it. Nobody can do it against anyone's will right there and then. If they give the money or credit card to the waiter or waitress you stop them and say you will pay you're share. No one is that fast that they can pay the bill before anyone notices. And the server is not going to refuse. And there is no way it can happen repeatedly if you go out with them again. because you will know from experience. Or if they do then you hand over you're money to them until they take it.

When did a snowstorm prevent a date - Hire a cab. Common Spats - go and have a good time.

A guy can hope. I am crossing my fingers. I think going to a movie by myself would be more fun than this date.

I definitely can understand how it is struggling with money, longdistance. I hope you are content with your life though.

I don't like to ask for much, but when I really do need something [not an Ipod, say something for my health] I still feel a little bit guilty when my father has to pay for it all.

Especially my expensive medical bills, I still feel guilty when my father pays for it.

I shouldn't because I'm a minor :blink:

But, I guess it's a naturally innate side of me

My father doesn't get physical either. He, in fact, gets a bit annoyed when I insist I'll pay him back. But he kindly explains that he can pay for it.

I don't want to have a boyfriend in high school, but it was a poor judgment to make, Spats

And even though it's a different realm of love than having a boyfriend, my father still does love me and wants me to just be a happy person [shutting down pleas that I'll pay him back when I have a job]

I know teenage friends whose fathers literally force them to get a job and pay for everything themselves: medical bills and all.

Some people insist to aid out of love, not hatred or force.

Thanks, DBZ.

I don't ask for much, and when it comes to clothes and luxuries such as books and CD's, I am so sparing with them. I hardly spend much on those kind of things at all. And I hardly ask for them, as well.

I used to feel guilty that my dad had to pay extra towards my therapy sessions (as part of our health insurance), but he never grumbled, and both my parents seem perplexed when I feel guilty when I'm going through something that I cannot control. And as they believe I'll be all the better for it, I do feel somewhat better about it. So, I completely understand how you feel.

And I completely agree with you. People do insist because they do so out of love.

Thanks, DBZ.

I don't ask for much, and when it comes to clothes and luxuries such as books and CD's, I am so sparing with them. I hardly spend much on those kind of things at all. And I hardly ask for them, as well.

I used to feel guilty that my dad had to pay extra towards my therapy sessions (as part of our health insurance), but he never grumbled, and both my parents seem perplexed when I feel guilty when I'm going through something that I cannot control. And as they believe I'll be all the better for it, I do feel somewhat better about it. So, I completely understand how you feel.

And I completely agree with you. People do insist because they do so out of love.

Thank you very much, that sincerely made me feel a lot better.

And I do feel guilty about the therapy and other medical mishaps I have, but I should keep reminding myself that my dad truly wants me to be healthy.

I also didn't like the fact that spats threw the term, abuse, around loosely. I know what abuse is, and what many people described with the bill ain' t it.

Thank you very much, that sincerely made me feel a lot better.

And I do feel guilty about the therapy and other medical mishaps I have, but I should keep reminding myself that my dad truly wants me to be healthy.

I also didn't like the fact that spats threw the term, abuse, around loosely. I know what abuse is, and what many people described with the bill ain' t it.

I never said it was. I said a guy cannot force his date not to pay her share with just words. It is a matter of yes and no. If the person insists the other person just insists back and hands over their money. I have seen this happen when i have been out with friends. And if the date does pay without the woman knowing when she finds out she gives him her money. If she wants to pay.

Oh there will be some dumb broad that will give in to his cheap ways. Desperate, stupid, etc.

There is someone for everyone on this planet, even for him.

I just had a thought.Since this is the holiday season I wonder if spats gives out presents after

Christmas because he wants to see what he gets first before committing .

Cheap bastard. :angry:

I have been approached in the last few years.

Yet you have no one who would want to pay for you, or more simply, who would care. So please keep your judgements and theories to yourself. They are so ill-founded that it makes you look rather pitiful.

But a woman who offers to pay can't keep me from paying for a meal or whatever. Even if she insists. I do what i want.

Okay.....? :unsure: So you just proved my point. Even if the woman insists, you will be the one to pay anyway (though maybe for different reasons..). Thank you. Can I ask you one more question? Are you getting physical?

You know, spats, this is typical machoism: you do what you want....while the woman is usually decent enough not to argue and make a scene in front of other people. :rolleyes:

Jeeesus, it's 2008 goddammit, so stop being so painfully stubborn. :lol::slapface:

Like the other girl you don't understand what i am saying. I didn't say that any of you

re guys get physical. I said that a man cannot keep a woman from paying by just insisting. The woman can just get out of her chair and pay (if she has the money).

No spats, it's you who doesn't understand that your comments are offensive.

But then, you don't know shit, so why am I so surprised?

Oh there will be some dumb broad that will give in to his cheap ways. Desperate, stupid, etc.

There is someone for everyone on this planet, even for him.

How am i cheap? I have explained that i won't let anyone i don't know pay for me. Where does cheap come in? Paying for my share is cheap? Refusing to pay for a woman who is not my girlfriend is cheap? No it isn't.

Yet you have no one who would want to pay for you, or more simply, who would care. So please keep your judgements and theories to yourself. They are so ill-founded that it makes you look rather pitiful.

Okay.....? :unsure: So you just proved my point. Even if the woman insists, you will be the one to pay anyway (though maybe for different reasons..). Thank you. Can I ask you one more question? Are you getting physical?

You know, spats, this is typical machoism: you do what you want....while the woman is usually decent enough not to argue and make a scene in front of other people. :rolleyes:

Jeeesus, it's 2008 goddammit, so stop being so painfully stubborn. :lol::slapface:

No, the women who did approach me offered to buy me drinks. That's how it usually works at clubs. And i refused that offer because i don't let people pay for me if i don't know them. I proved my point. If you want to pay you pay. They can't force you not to. I refused and that was the end of it.

I didn't prove you're point. I proved mine. You can refuse someone paying for you. And i didn't refuse for some macho reason like i am the man and i should pay. I refused because i don't let anyone pay for me if i don't know them. You can keep someone from paying for you.

No, i am not getting physical right now.

The double date went as i expected. The girl i was supposed to keep occupied was not my type at all. And my buddy got along with the woman he was trying to impress. So I just focused on my meal , nodded my head to stuff that was being said and made the best of it. My buddy was pissed at me later because i didn't say much at all but things went fine for him so he wasn't too hard on me. There was a beautiful looking woman a couple tables over from us though. I wish she had been the friend i had to keep occupied. Unfortunately we didn't have time to go to the movies.

The double date went as i expected. The girl i was supposed to keep occupied was not my type at all. And my buddy got along with the woman he was trying to impress. So I just focused on my meal , nodded my head to stuff that was being said and made the best of it. My buddy was pissed at me later because i didn't say much at all but things went fine for him so he wasn't too hard on me. There was a beautiful looking woman a couple tables over from us though. I wish she had been the friend i had to keep occupied. Unfortunately we didn't have time to go to the movies.

I can't believe you didn't carry on a conversation with this woman. If I was your BUDDY, no more double-dates with you! It's not like you were going to marry this person, you were suppose to have a good time, tell one liners and laugh a bit. I feel sorry for your date - boy, she probably felt the same way you did about her. Come on Spats - its not that difficult to have a good time. :slapface:

Hi all,

Are we being put-on or put-off by this person.I got a sick feeling we are feeding the 'fire' here,so to speak.

I don't mind feeding homeless kittens,but have I been wasted my time -feeding- cyber-space trolls?Thanks.I answered that question.

KB :wave:

I can't believe you didn't carry on a conversation with this woman. If I was your BUDDY, no more double-dates with you! It's not like you were going to marry this person, you were suppose to have a good time, tell one liners and laugh a bit. I feel sorry for your date - boy, she probably felt the same way you did about her. Come on Spats - its not that difficult to have a good time. :slapface:

Penny, i just didn't have the enthusiasm to do it. I just had no interest in getting to know the woman. It was a struggle just to do what i did. It just felt like a complete waste of time. I didn't even want to go on it. I just did it as a favor to him. I am too good a friend sometimes. I should have put my foot down and said i wouldn't go. But he has done a lot for me in the past so it was hard to say no. We have been friends a long time. Besides, there were four of us at the table, i didn't really need to have a one on one conversation with her. My buddy and the woman he likes talked a lot.

But it just annoyed the hell out of me that it just summed up my life in that there was a woman there that is the type that i like but she wasn't at our table. Some other dude was having dinner with her. UGH. :slapface:

Hi all,

Are we being put-on or put-off by this person.I got a sick feeling we are feeding the 'fire' here,so to speak.

I don't mind feeding homeless kittens,but have I been wasted my time -feeding- cyber-space trolls?Thanks.I answered that question.

KB :wave:

i would say he is taking the piss (making a fool) out of you all BIG time!!

more fool you all for falling for it!!!

:slapface:

i would say he is taking the piss (making a fool) out of you all BIG time!!

more fool you all for falling for it!!!

:slapface:

Lol no....in fact we are his biggest fans, I even have all his fully poseable action figures, books and bootleg recordings in which he reads dramatic poetry recorded at the rear end of a sold out LA Forum etc etc.

Archived