Spats' Loveblahblahblah Thread

Lake of Shadows

So Spats, I take it you didn't call Jeff about this evening's party - Meet and Greet in Toronto, No?

No. I don't even know Jeff. We have never even chatted on here i don't think. The thought of going to a get together where i don't know anyone was a little intimidating. I didn't know if you could bring friends or if you had to identify yourself from the board when you were there. Just the idea of me introducing myself and saying who i am on the message board was intimidating. I pictured in my head people rolling their eyes or giving me a dirty look or something like that. I didn't even know who was going.

Was the get together a success?? Did a bunch of pretty women attend? :blink::blink:

Was the get together a success?? Did a bunch of pretty women attend? :blink::blink:

Read the post under Meet & Greet Toronto. They had a great time and they even drank the best Scotch. I am jealous. When they meet again and I am in Toronto at that time, definitely I would go and have a great time. Even not knowing anyone, I would still have a great time.

Singles Cruise:

My buddy talked me going with him on a Toronto singles/dinner cruise cos he overheard a girl at work (that he had a crush on), was booking with some of her friends. I said yes - don't know why.

I almost jumped overboard after an hour.

Let me put it this way, if cattle herders were to use a vessel to transport their quarry.........

Okay Im kidding. It just wasn't my cup of tea and I kept explaining that I was there to support a friend. I lied and said I was happily married (had to, my friends took off and left me there to defend myself), and if I had a dollar for everytime I said the before-mentioned, it would have paid for my drinks. Plus the hoofs hitting the wooden boat deck drove me crazy all evening :)

Read the post under Meet & Greet Toronto. They had a great time and they even drank the best Scotch. I am jealous. When they meet again and I am in Toronto at that time, definitely I would go and have a great time. Even not knowing anyone, I would still have a great time.

Really? How would you have a good time if you didn't know anyone and did not bring anyone with you?

I read it and don't recognize any of the names he mentioned. :o I rarely drink. The time i did i made an ass out of myself. And he didn't mention if any hotties showed up, etc.

Let me put it this way, if cattle herders were to use a vessel to transport their quarry.........

Okay Im kidding. It just wasn't my cup of tea and I kept explaining that I was there to support a friend. I lied and said I was happily married (had to, my friends took off and left me there to defend myself), and if I had a dollar for everytime I said the before-mentioned, it would have paid for my drinks. Plus the hoofs hitting the wooden boat deck drove me crazy all evening :)

yeah, i can picture myself doing the exact same thing you did. :lol::lol:

So a lot of women appraoched you? :blink: Were they pretty? :blink: I find it hard to believe hotties would have to go on a singles cruise.

Spats, there was a lot of good looking women on the boat but I had just started dating someone at that time so I wasn't about to mess it up. There was a lot of people having a great time, food was good, music was good and all the people (or the majority), was there for the same reason, to meet people.

Not a bad idea to tell you the truth.....and no, I won't go with you, you'll leave me standing there :)

.....and you wouldn't believe how many beautiful women stay home on a Saturday night cos everyone thinks they are with someone. I learned that young!

That wasn't my experience over the years. The prettiest women were usually taken.

Spats, there was a lot of good looking women on the boat but I had just started dating someone at that time so I wasn't about to mess it up. There was a lot of people having a great time, food was good, music was good and all the people (or the majority), was there for the same reason, to meet people.

Not a bad idea to tell you the truth.....and no, I won't go with you, you'll leave me standing there :)

If i were to go on one i would want some buddies to go along to help me out.

You were quiet this weekend - no blogging?!

It was a quiet weekend. No meeting women this weekend. I just went to the movies.

But i have 3 Xmas parties to go to in the next week so who knows maybe i will meet a woman who blows my mind. Not holding my breath but you never know i guess.

Thanks for asking. :D

But i have 3 Xmas parties to go to in the next week so who knows maybe i will meet a woman who blows my mind. Not holding my breath but you never know i guess.

Thanks for asking. :D

Have fun at your Xmas parties - hope you find the woman of your dreams!

Spats; if there are women you like at these parties, listen to their "likes", mention that you're going somewhere (that might interest them), and see what there reaction is. If they like you, they'll be interested in where you are going and might want to tag along. Always worked for me - giving them an "initiative" to show interest.

RD: "Think I'll head to the museum tomorrow, haven't been in a while"

Girl: "I haven't been there in a while either"

RD: "If you ever plan on going, text me and we'll meet up - love the quietness of the ROM".

Spats; if there are women you like at these parties, listen to their "likes", mention that you're going somewhere (that might interest them), and see what there reaction is. If they like you, they'll be interested in where you are going and might want to tag along. Always worked for me - giving them an "initiative" to show interest.

RD: "Think I'll head to the museum tomorrow, haven't been in a while"

Girl: "I haven't been there in a while either"

RD: "If you ever plan on going, text me and we'll meet up - love the quietness of the ROM".

I could try that even though it goes against my ideas of game playing. :( But she would have to ask to tag along.

I could try that even though it goes against my ideas of game playing. :( But she would have to ask to tag along.

Of course she would, you wouldn't want to bend an inch for happiness! I know people like that. They would rather stick to thier guns and be misserable than to give in a bit and be happy.

Of course she would, you wouldn't want to bend an inch for happiness! I know people like that. They would rather stick to thier guns and be misserable than to give in a bit and be happy.

But if you don't do things the way you like to do them are you going to be happy?? Whenever i do that i feel like i have let myself down and i have let someone play me their way. Especially when it comes to the opposite sex.

If the positions were reversed i would be told to ask her if i could tag along so why shouldn't i expect her to do the asking. She should participate too. I don't think i should do all the leading by myself.

Tonight i have Xmas party to go to. The first of 3. Hopefully things go good and there will be some hotties there. My buddy says there will be. We'll see. Hope, Hope. :D

Spats, I wish you luck. Ronniedawg was right. Throw out an invite to something, but don't make exact plans. Mention going somewhere and tell her she is free to go by saying something like text me. That way it isn't too formal and wouldn't be a huge let down. Another thing, they say if you look for love you won't find it, let it find you. Go looking for a friend who just happens to be a girl and then see what happens.

Tonight i have Xmas party to go to. The first of 3. Hopefully things go good and there will be some hotties there. My buddy says there will be. We'll see. Hope, Hope. :D

Maybe you'll be visited by the hottie you missed out on in the past, the hottie you miss out in in the present, and the hottie you will miss out on in the future?

Archived