Spats' Loveblahblahblah Thread

Lake of Shadows

I was thinking about all my experiences with women this year and i only had one really really good one. And that was the attention i got from women when i went to that Halloween party as The Joker. I had to be dressed up in makeup to get that much attention. And even then it didn't lead to anything special.

The rest of the time i met a handful of women who either hinted that I should ask for their number (the girl from last new years being the most memorable) or women i got along good with and they looked like they were interested but they ended up just leaving and nothing happened, and a couple of women who i gave my number out to and they never called. The prettiest and nicest being the woman i got to know a little at Harbourfront.

I hope 2009 is a lot better than 2008.

My buddies are saying if i don't leave these parties tonight with a phone number then I am completely hopeless because there are going to be a lot of pretty single girls there. I think hopeless is a strong word. :o I told them that if the women there don't ask to exchange numbers with me then it's not my fault. They are putting all the responsibility on me tonight. Not really fair. :mellow:

If you aren't getting any phone number tonight then you are really hopeless as your friends told you....

You should try to make some effort in order to get your love life back on track so STOP BEING LAZY AND ASK FOR A FUCKIN' PHONE NUMBER!!! you should try to pull yourself together in order to get anywhere near a real relationship this year...

Good luck :cheer:

I was thinking about all my experiences with women this year and i only had one really really good one. And that was the attention i got from women when i went to that Halloween party as The Joker. I had to be dressed up in makeup to get that much attention. And even then it didn't lead to anything special.

The rest of the time i met a handful of women who either hinted that I should ask for their number (the girl from last new years being the most memorable) or women i got along good with and they looked like they were interested but they ended up just leaving and nothing happened, and a couple of women who i gave my number out to and they never called. The prettiest and nicest being the woman i got to know a little at Harbourfront.

I hope 2009 is a lot better than 2008.

:rolleyes:

apicking_up2.jpg

Spats, just ask the girl for a number! Maybe she feels the same way as you. Have you ever thought about what you are asking? I mean seriously. You complain because you say society wants a man to do all the work, but you want a woman to do ALL the work. Why not compromise. You ask for the number, and call to make a date. Next time you call, have her arrange it. And don't tell me you shouldn't have to call, that is the easiest task, pick up the phone, punch a few numbers and talk.

Maybe i should get a english accent because that has never happened to me. Women love english accents. But that's not Colin Firth. What happens to Firth. I don't want to see another movie where the guy is doing everything. Just tell me what happens to him.

Sorry; just got the computer back from the shop...actually Colin *Firth* is the actor who plays Jamie in the movie. Colin *Frizzle* is the character in the movie who is an average guy with a boatload of confidence who ends up with a room full of women. That's the one I suggested you watch. Colin *Firth*'s character learns Portuguese and moves to Marseilles to marry the woman he fell in love with:

but I don't think you'd be interested in that storyline.

Met a bunch of women at the parties and one was really hot and cool! And we were getting along. But she wasn't asking for a number or to exchange numbers so i couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. <_<. I couldn't tell if she was interested in that way. My buddies were pissed afterwards. But One of them knows her and so i told him to find out if she is interested in me in a hooking up type of way and if she is to give her my number. He says this will look bad and he does not want to do it. <_<

And a couple of them got numbers!!! :o It's so freaking easy for them. It's not fun going home on New years by yourself. <_<

Spats, just ask the girl for a number! Maybe she feels the same way as you. Have you ever thought about what you are asking? I mean seriously. You complain because you say society wants a man to do all the work, but you want a woman to do ALL the work. Why not compromise. You ask for the number, and call to make a date. Next time you call, have her arrange it. And don't tell me you shouldn't have to call, that is the easiest task, pick up the phone, punch a few numbers and talk.

I don't want them to do all the work. Just do at least half. Have you ever called up and asked a guy out?? :blink: Picking up the phone and doing that is not easy.

The way you have described it...

- I ask for the number.

- I call to make the date.

- I call again the next time

- she arranges that date.

There does not seem to be much compromise. I am doing 95% of the work there.

Would you give this same advice to a girl that you are giving me? Just wondering. :blink:

Sorry; just got the computer back from the shop...actually Colin *Firth* is the actor who plays Jamie in the movie. Colin *Frizzle* is the character in the movie who is an average guy with a boatload of confidence who ends up with a room full of women. That's the one I suggested you watch. Colin *Firth*'s character learns Portuguese and moves to Marseilles to marry the woman he fell in love with:

but I don't think you'd be interested in that storyline.

I saw that clip. Another movie where the guy does everything. He learns a new language, moves and does the proposing. What does she actually do??? Does it not occur to her to propose to him??? That has "chick flick" stamped all over it.

This storyline does not appeal to me at all. I would not learn a new language, move to another city or do the proposing.

I saw that clip. Another movie where the guy does everything. He learns a new language, moves and does the proposing. What does she actually do??? Does it not occur to her to propose to him??? That has "chick flick" stamped all over it.

This storyline does not appeal to me at all. I would not learn a new language, move to another city or do the proposing.

"Sit right down here son and let me show you how it's done"

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?s=...st&p=306597

Hey Spats, ever see that Seinfeld episode where George decides to do the complete opposite of what his instincts tell him?.

That's a great episode but Do you really think that would work in real life though? :blink::blink:

What ever works! my friend :P

It does not bother you that you pretty much did all the work?

Did you ask for the number or did she offer it up??

Do you think anything would have happened if you had not intiated anything?

Oi vey, Spats, I'm despairing.

You ought to ask your friend whether he can cadge the number off girlie and then you call her up. Not, like, in a stalker way - I have a feeling that's what you'd do - but just talk to her, ask her out for whatever it is that you crazeh Canadians do and just see where it goes.

You ought to be wondering why you never took that chance and asked for her number, instead of thinking why she didn't ask you for yours.

You need to face it, not all women will do the work in the beginning. Some women want to be hunted. You'll never get anywhere in life if you don't take the initiative.

I don't want them to do all the work. Just do at least half. Have you ever called up and asked a guy out?? :blink: Picking up the phone and doing that is not easy.

The way you have described it...

- I ask for the number.

- I call to make the date.

- I call again the next time

- she arranges that date.

There does not seem to be much compromise. I am doing 95% of the work there.

Would you give this same advice to a girl that you are giving me? Just wondering. :blink:

Yes I most certainly would. However, you should have asked for a number. Next time, don't think about it, just ask. If you were getting along great I"m sure she would have given it to you.

Oi vey, Spats, I'm despairing.

You ought to ask your friend whether he can cadge the number off girlie and then you call her up. Not, like, in a stalker way - I have a feeling that's what you'd do - but just talk to her, ask her out for whatever it is that you crazeh Canadians do and just see where it goes.

You ought to be wondering why you never took that chance and asked for her number, instead of thinking why she didn't ask you for yours.

You need to face it, not all women will do the work in the beginning. Some women want to be hunted. You'll never get anywhere in life if you don't take the initiative.

I never took the chance because i could not tell. Just because a woman is friendly to you does not mean she wants to hook up with you. If a woman is interested she should make it clear and then it makes it easier for the guy. Or better yet she can come out and say it.

I realize that a lot of women want to be hunted. But i don't like women with that attitude. It shows that they think they are hotstuff. Why is it okay for the women to not do anything in the beginning?

I have asked him ask her if she is interested in me and if she thinks i am good looking and if she does to give her my number. he does not want to do that though.

Yes I most certainly would. However, you should have asked for a number. Next time, don't think about it, just ask. If you were getting along great I"m sure she would have given it to you.

And i would have given her mine if she had asked. I would have given it to her in a second.

I took a walk yesterday and started thinking about Spats. I started thinking about a couple of girls I went to college with circa 1975. I probably could have had sex or dated both of them, but for a variety of dumb reasons I didn't. They were both cute, WTF was wrong with me???

Archived