Spats' Loveblahblahblah Thread

Lake of Shadows

Well ... what can I say? That was the answer I had for you so .... if you just aren't that sort of person - the kind who likes the company of women - I only know one remedy for that...

if you don't like women - why do you want to date them? If you like your buddies more than any women you know then you are looking in the wrong place for love..

I have already said that I know but honestly .. circle circle circle

here is some real advice that you may take notice to;

Put a cooked chicken on your head and place chillies on the tips of its plucked wings. NOW what you have to remember with this is that women only like men who smear the stuffing across their chest but no lower than the belly button! For this next part you are going to need an orange and some sort of flammable liquid...

... and finish it off by taking the cucumber out and adding it to the shrine...

Pip, you are hilarious!

I saw you (and others) mention this before. I say if this is true, Spats is either unaware (maybe the thought of it is too difficult to even consider) or just won't ever admit this (to himself). All pretty perplexing...lol

Well ... what can I say? That was the answer I had for you so .... if you just aren't that sort of person - the kind who likes the company of women - I only know one remedy for that...

if you don't like women - why do you want to date them? If you like your buddies more than any women you know then you are looking in the wrong place for love..

Put a cooked chicken on your head and place chillies on the tips of its plucked wings. NOW what you have to remember with this is that women only like men who smear the stuffing across their chest but no lower than the belly button! For this next part you are going to need an orange and some sort of flammable liquid...

:hysterical:

That's comedy gold there, dear! :D

Tired of wasting your time with "Dickless Dick" yet?

I am not confusing the two. I know the difference. I realize you can't fall in love instantly. But i want physical attraction to be quick. I want them to find me good looking first then let it progess. Not the other way around. I just see it as negative if it took awhile for them to find me good looking. That's not flattering at all. It's like a back handed compliment. "i had no interest in you at all and didn't find you physically attractive but then i got to know you better and you grew on me". Oh, that makes me feel really special. :o Do you think any woman has ever said that to Brad Pitt?????? Or Johnny Depp or any great looking dude walking down the street. Of course not because there is no doubt they are good looking. With my looks it's different. If a woman does not find me good looking right a way it means "you have the type of looks that people have to get used to." Not good. :rolleyes:

People have different tastes. People tease me because the men I find attractive usually aren't the conventional looking type. I don't like the Brad Pitt, 'perfect' looking kind (am quite partial to Johnny Depp though B)). Just because someone doesn't look like Brad Pitt doesn't mean someone else won't find them attractive..... people are truly attracted to people when its the whole package that is attractive, i.e. the collective image that's projected. That's why I don't like those buff Brad Pitt guys because their image tends to be their only concern, and I HATE that . Its all about the person's aura... looks are a *part* of it but its really a whole lot of different factors working together that makes a person attractive.

If a girl doesn't even give you a chance because you're not George Clooney then that girl's not worth having, don't you think?

I kinda feel sorry for you Spats, with your limited views you might be missing out big time right now!! Keep an open mind to stuff , ya never know what can happen. B)

In the words of the mighty Zep:

"I hear you crying in the darkness, Don't ask nobody's help

Ain't no pockets full of mercy baby, Cause you can only blame yourself"

That's all I got left for ya, Spatomatic.

Spats would reject the kid because:

a) He's not a hottie.

b ) He won't make the first move and do all the work.

c) He won't split the dinner bill. And...

d) He wants Spats to go "downtown".

lemonade actually came out of my nose when I read that last one...

Spats..,

The year was 1427, and it was nearly autumn when The Mary Spierer, a merchant vessel that I found work on, found herself harbored safe in the sound of Cadiz, an impressive port city on the Mediterranean in the southwest of Spain, and the very port that had witnessed our departure some 3 months earlier...

You see Spats.., I'm really quite tired of creating literary masterpieces to help you understand love. These things take incredible time, a variable that just won't have me right now.

Does it matter? No, not most likely. It could be said that in the realm of attention, chances are most likely no one pays my stories.

When you're 50,60,70 what difference is looks going to make? you do want to find someone to spend the rest of your life with right?

You need to look for someone that is beautiful inside!

Yes, but i want to have fun now. I don't want to be preparing for when i am 50, 60, or 70 now. That's so long from now. I am not looking for a woman to spend the rest of my life with. Do you realize how freaking hard it is to find a woman like that? She would have to be a mind blowing woman. it's hard enough to find a cool pretty woman that i can get a date with, and spend time with. Nevermind spending the rest of my life with.

Uh, yeah, I would. I can honestly say that I am not attracted to Johnny Deep or Brad Pitt. Or many other conventionally beautiful Hollywood-groomed man. You're confusing unattractive and attraction. I can find many, many men attractive, but I'm not necessarily attracted to them. Do you understand what I'm saying? You can find someone goodlooking without actually wanting to be with them. Just like you may be not attracted to them initially, but grow to love them and want to be with them. But of course that's not good enough for you.

So what if someone has to get to know you before they fall for you? Does that mean you're no longer a man? Has your willy gone? I'm no stunner myself - people rarely are so flawless - but I don't think of it as an insult if a guy doesn't find me attractive initially. Of course it's nice to have someone think me attractive on first appearance, but I've learnt that first appearances can be deceptive. What you see isn't always what you get. Use it to your advantage.

I understand that women have to get to know you before they can fall in love with you but i mean physical attraction. I see women physically attracted to guys right away all the time. I want that. I just find it insulting if they don't. It is proof to me that i am not good looking. It's not me that just thinks it. It's women out there to. Even if she eventually started liking my looks over time. It still sends the message that my looks are not that great. If a girlfriend said that or a date said that it would really get me down.

I agree...

You probably can't tell from what I do in this forum because the "internet courage" hides it, but I am overly modest in real life.., and, as a matter of fact, I have awesome eyes.

I'm almost 24 and've only ever had 1 girlfriend... having nice eyes most certainly has not helped me attract women.

Well, if you're telling them straight off that you'd like to make love to them all night long, you shouldn't be surprised.

( ;) )

I didn't say that modesty is THE thing that attracts women (I don't know whether you understood it that way....Spats apparently did), I said that even the handsome guys can be modest. And their modesty often prevents them from realizing how attractive they actually are.

It is not that hard to find pretty women and men who have a very unsatisfactory love life. It's all about self-confidence.

"Thinking" you know what love is means you have no idea. Love shouldn't even need to be described or defined. It's something you either feel or don't, and you know it when it's there. Not everyone is capable of love and i sincerely wonder if you are.

Considering a person's looks as a criteria for love is proof to me you really don't know.

I'm not saying that attraction isn't a big reason why many people fall in love. But attraction doesn't always mean "hot". You put it as your top priority and there is no room for "growth"...it has to be there for you right away, and has to be returned by your prospective partner, or things will not progress. I can't say any more than this is shallow, and not love.

A couple personal examples for you. I fell in love with a guy (this goes back to 87') who i found "appealing"...that was the word i used to describe my attraction to his looks. I fell in love with his personality and the way he showed me his nurturing side from the first date. People who knew him described his looks as "okay" or "cute". We were together for seven years, and just grew apart (we were engaged for a few years but i wanted to finish college before we married, and then by that time both our feelings started to change). As a side note: some years later, Matt Damon became famous, and i was surprised at how many people consider him hot (wasn't he one of People magazines sexiest?)...he looks identical to the bf i just spoke of...

Another story, the man i left for the one above was "hot". I guess initially i liked his looks, but after about a year, i couldn't stand his personality anymore. I tried to make things work because of the committment i had started with him, but when i looked at him, i didn't see his "good looks", i saw a person who was aggravating me and ultimately to the point of my breaking up with him. Looks fade fast when you don't like the rest of the person. I guess they may grow more appealing when you do like the person (ie...my Matt Damon look a like).

You make looks too much of a priority and you will continue to be unhappy and not in love.

My idea of love: enjoying a person's personality, being able to be yourself with them, having great communication between each other, loyalty and devotion, caring about them and caring for them, feeling less selfish than you are naturally, being supportive, protective, trustworthy, being willing to compromise, being willing to do things that you may not want to do or feel like doing because they need your help...having respect for each other... to name a few. If you need to ask, you just don't know, Spats.

Let me ask you: if you don't think you are good looking (which is what you have said here repeatidly), then why do expect a girl you are interested in to find you good looking? You need to focus less on looks and more on "mutual interests, hopes, dreams, whatever"...lol.

Just for the hell of it, call that girl one more time! I'm dying to hear if she will go out with you after all this. What do you have to lose at this point?

Maybe i am not capable fo falling in love.Because some of those things that you have described as being in love i have no experienced.

- I have enjoyed some of my girlfriends personality. But there were other things i didn't like about their personailty.

- It's not easy to be completely yourself around women.

- If a woman won't tell you she is interested in you then you are already off on the wrong foot when it comes to communication with her.

-I think i am good at being loyal. I am very loyal to friends.

- I a supportive depending on what it is.

- I wouldn't be with the woman if i didn't care about them.

- What do you mean by protective? Protect them from what??

- I am a very trustworthy person

- I am willing to compromise depending on what it is. It's unrealistic to expect someone to compromise on abosolutely anyhting, no matter what it is. And it's unrealistic to expect someone to do anything for you not matter what it is.

I don't expect women to find me good looking. I just hope they do. Even if i don't like my looks.

Yes, to me the physical attraction on both sides should be there right away. Because i think if you spend months looking to see if it will grow then it could be a waste of time. I think it's more special if the physical attraction is there right away. If it takes while then i question if it's really their looks that the person is attracted to. I have never met a woman who i didn't find physically attractive at first but overtime i found them hot looking. It's never happened to me. If i wasn't attracted to their looks at first i still wasn't months later.

Call the woman and say what? This is a woman that has been pretty mean to me and insensitve to me. What do i say? What is she brings all that stuff with my buddy up and has an attitude because i have waited this long to call?

I didn't say i don't like the company of women. I just said my buddies and i have more fun because we have the same sense of humor,etc. I can say anything to them, they don't judge me, they accept me for who i am. It's not the same with the women. It does not mean i am gay or anything

In the words of the mighty Zep:

"I hear you crying in the darkness, Don't ask nobody's help

Ain't no pockets full of mercy baby, Cause you can only blame yourself"

That's all I got left for ya, Spatomatic.

I don't agree. That i am completely to blame. it takes two to tango.

People have different tastes. People tease me because the men I find attractive usually aren't the conventional looking type. I don't like the Brad Pitt, 'perfect' looking kind (am quite partial to Johnny Depp though B)). Just because someone doesn't look like Brad Pitt doesn't mean someone else won't find them attractive..... people are truly attracted to people when its the whole package that is attractive, i.e. the collective image that's projected. That's why I don't like those buff Brad Pitt guys because their image tends to be their only concern, and I HATE that . Its all about the person's aura... looks are a *part* of it but its really a whole lot of different factors working together that makes a person attractive.

If a girl doesn't even give you a chance because you're not George Clooney then that girl's not worth having, don't you think?

I kinda feel sorry for you Spats, with your limited views you might be missing out big time right now!! Keep an open mind to stuff , ya never know what can happen. B)

Yes, i could be missing out on a woman who would not find me good looking for a couple months. What a loss. :rolleyes:

Well, if you're telling them straight off that you'd like to make love to them all night long, you shouldn't be surprised.

( ;) )

I didn't say that modesty is THE thing that attracts women (I don't know whether you understood it that way....Spats apparently did), I said that even the handsome guys can be modest. And their modesty often prevents them from realizing how attractive they actually are.

It is not that hard to find pretty women and men who have a very unsatisfactory love life. It's all about self-confidence.

Why is it all about that? How can someone have self confidence if they are not successful. I don't think it's possible. If a baseball player strikes out all the time he is not going to confident that he will get a hit when he gets up to the plate.

You're a living oxymoron.

I probably put it the wrong way. It's definately not flattering if they don't find you good looking. And i would not want to hook up with a woman who didn't like my looks. There would be no point. it wouldn't not bother you if a boyfriend said "I didn't find you good looking at first."? That would be a comment on your looks. it would hurt my feelings.

I probably put it the wrong way. It's definately not flattering if they don't find you good looking. And i would not want to hook up with a woman who didn't like my looks. There would be no point. it wouldn't not bother you if a boyfriend said "I didn't find you good looking at first."? That would be a comment on your looks. it would hurt my feelings.

Why should that bother me? He loves me now. Moreover, it would rather be a comment on his tastes...and a compliment on my whole being.

Archived