Spats' Loveblahblahblah Thread

Lake of Shadows

Why is it all about that? How can someone have self confidence if they are not successful. I don't think it's possible. If a baseball player strikes out all the time he is not going to confident that he will get a hit when he gets up to the plate.

No, but I'm talking more about the people who never become baseball players in the first place, because they think, they wouldn't be successful anyway.

And it is all about that because self-confidence can alter one's looks.

Why should that bother me? He loves me now. Moreover, it would rather be a comment on his tastes...and a compliment on my whole being.

We would react differently to that comment then.

I want them to like my looks right away. Not down the road.

No, but I'm talking more about the people who never become baseball players in the first place, because they think, they wouldn't be successful anyway.

And it is all about that because self-confidence can alter one's looks.

Oh, okay. I am talking from just experience. Not like someone who has never even tried.

Can someone who does not like there own looks still have self confidence? And how can a guy have self confidence if women don't find him hot?

Oh, okay. I am talking from just experience. Not like someone who has never even tried.

Can someone who does not like there own looks still have self confidence? And how can a guy have self confidence if women don't find him hot?

What about Ron Jeremy? He get's tons of chicks. He's just a big fat hairy guy with a big um.... personality. B)

We would react differently to that comment then.

I want them to like my looks right away. Not down the road.

Spats, I dare say that you have absolutely no idea how you would react if you had been dating someone for months or even years, being deeply in love, and this someone told you such a thing. As you have probably never been in love, never wanted to share everything you have or do with the other person, you also cannot understand why your current priorities seem so unimportant and shallow to other people. Been there, done that. I think there's hardly anyone who would never ever in their life priorize physical attraction, in general or in specific cases. Almost all teenagers are like that, because they are driven by hormones and simply aren't mature enough to appreciate other, more important things.

My boyfriend is my best friend (really!), he supports me when I'm feeling bad, he takes care of me when I'm sick. It is nice and flattering when he tells me that I'm pretty, but I don't really need that, and I wouldn't care if he didn't ever tell me.

I understand that women have to get to know you before they can fall in love with you but i mean physical attraction. I see women physically attracted to guys right away all the time. I want that. I just find it insulting if they don't. It is proof to me that i am not good looking. It's not me that just thinks it. It's women out there to. Even if she eventually started liking my looks over time. It still sends the message that my looks are not that great. If a girlfriend said that or a date said that it would really get me down.

Well, if you understand that women need to get to know a guy before they fall in love, don't be insulted if it takes a little while with you. You hardly seem like someone who'll stretch out the welcome mat.

If a woman thinks you are attractive when she first meets you, but doesn't say so, it doesn't mean she doesn't think you're attractive. She might just be decent enough to not say anything. You know, as weird as it sounds, it's not always a good thing for people to hook up instantly. He might look like a nice guy, but when you've been missing for two months and his face is plastered all over the telly, I'll bet you'll suddenly have wished you'd never said a thing to him...

You see where I'm going? Looks. Can. Be. Deceptive.

If you're so hellbent that you look like the Elephant man - yet think it's insulting when she doesn't say, 'Wow, you're hot', instantly - don't complain.

I guess with you, it seems that beggars can be choosers.

Spats, I dare say that you have absolutely no idea how you would react if you had been dating someone for months or even years, being deeply in love, and this someone told you such a thing. As you have probably never been in love, never wanted to share everything you have or do with the other person, you also cannot understand why your current priorities seem so unimportant and shallow to other people. Been there, done that. I think there's hardly anyone who would never ever in their life priorize physical attraction, in general or in specific cases. Almost all teenagers are like that, because they are driven by hormones and simply aren't mature enough to appreciate other, more important things.

My boyfriend is my best friend (really!), he supports me when I'm feeling bad, he takes care of me when I'm sick. It is nice and flattering when he tells me that I'm pretty, but I don't really need that, and I wouldn't care if he didn't ever tell me.

Great post sista. :D

That's hardly possible, because having self-confidence means that you're completely satisfied with yourself.

Jesus Spats, have you never been successful in any sport, or in any other activity? How about your job(s)? Your hobbies?

Spats, back in October of 1987 I discovered something... something that really helped me develop the skills needed to court women, all at the tender age of 2 years old.

It was called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

In this work of fiction, four pet turtles are dropped into the sewer system of New York City by their careless owner and left for dead. Eventually, they find themselves meandering through a puddle of a dangerous and little-known substance called "Mutagen". While wading in the Mutagen, Homato Yoshi, a ninja warrior exiled to the sewers after its speculated that he betrayed his master, crosses paths with the turtles. Still in turtle form, Yoshi takes them to keep him company in the sewers, and names them after his favourite renaissance artists.

You see, the interesting thing about Mutagen is that it has the ability to cross-mutate whatever it touches with whatever life form it's victim has come in contact with most recently. This is why the pet turtles to cross mutate with their teenage owner becoming humanesque teenage turtles with varying outlooks on life, while Hamato Yoshi is cross-mutated with a sewer rat, becoming a rat-ninja that doesn't wear pants.

Anyways, on this show, the turtles meet a gorgeous red-head Channel 6 news reporter named April O'Neil. They never show it on screen, but every single one of the turtles have steamy intercourse with this reporter because she has gorgeous tits and access to a video recorder.

Moral of the story: even mutant turtles can get laid by hot and sexy reporters.

Bigger moral of the story: its not about looks so much as it is about how good you are at fighting the robotic soldiers of the Foote Clan and mutant zoo animals with ninja weapons while wearing color-coded masks and arm bands.

If you were to come away with anything after watching seasons 1 through 4 of the TMNT, it should have been that looks don't matter as long as you have cool names and can eat entire pizzas in one bite, mutants never wear pants, and no one is at all concerned that the Technodrome, a mobile war base from dimension X, is parked at the earth's core.

Get what I'm try'na say?

Spats, back in October of 1987 I discovered something... something that really helped me develop the skills needed to court women, all at the tender age of 2 years old.

In this work of fiction, four pet turtles are dropped into the sewer system of New York City by their careless owner and left for dead. Eventually, they find themselves meandering through a puddle of a dangerous and little-known substance called "Mutagen". While wading in the Mutagen, Homato Yoshi, a ninja warrior exiled to the sewers after its speculated that he betrayed his master, crosses paths with the turtles. Still in turtle form, Yoshi takes them to keep him company in the sewers, and names them after his favourite renaissance artists.

You see, the interesting thing about Mutagen is that it has the ability to cross-mutate whatever it touches with whatever life form it's victim has come in contact with most recently. This is why the pet turtles to cross mutate with their teenage owner becoming humanesque teenage turtles with varying outlooks on life, while Hamato Yoshi is cross-mutated with a sewer rat, becoming a rat-ninja that doesn't wear pants.

Anyways, on this show, the turtles meet a gorgeous red-head Channel 6 news reporter named April O'Neil. They never show it on screen, but every single one of the turtles have steamy intercourse with this reporter because she has gorgeous tits and access to a video recorder.

Bigger moral of the story: its not about looks so much as it is about how good you are at fighting the robotic soldiers of the Foote Clan and mutant zoo animals with ninja weapons while wearing color-coded masks and arm bands.

If you were to come away with anything after watching seasons 1 through 4 of the TMNT, it should have been that looks don't matter as long as you have cool names and can eat entire pizzas in one bite, mutants never wear pants, and no one is at all concerned that the Technodrome, a mobile war base from dimension X, is parked at the earth's core.

Get what I'm try'na say?

Your anecdotes - fictitious or not - are the highlight of this thread.

I didn't say i don't like the company of women. I just said my buddies and i have more fun because we have the same sense of humor,etc. I can say anything to them, they don't judge me, they accept me for who i am. It's not the same with the women. It does not mean i am gay or anything

Ok ... but what about the chicken ceremony and the shrine? It's a winner!

Get what I'm try'na say?

HAHAHAA Amen to that!!

But I think that the mutant stuff actually just turns animals into giant walking talking human like beings and the story just kicks off when they are teenagers... and the rat belonged to the scientist...

Okay, here's an experiment for you to try. I just thought of it while my daughter was playing in the background. She is only four, and doesn't think about "rejection" i'm sure. My daughter has always been a people lover and very out going. She always asks people she sees what their name is, or what they are doing. For example, i was in a deli the other day at the counter. Nearby is the dining room area and a stand where the hostess was standing. My daughter asks me, can i go say hello to the lady? So i said sure...and she walks over and starts talking to her (this was an elderly looking woman, so it wasn't her looks my daughter found appealing). So what you need to try is, be friendly, outgoing and just go over to a girl you like, strike up a conversation, and in your mind, pretend you are still an innocent child who has never been rejected. If you can get into a "role" maybe you will have success. The self confidence/self-esteem as well as friendliness my daughter exudes is what makes people find her so "adorable" all the time, everywhere we go.

Try to be a child since you are always acting like one anyway...it may work :)

HAHAHAA Amen to that!!

But I think that the mutant stuff actually just turns animals into giant walking talking human like beings and the story just kicks off when they are teenagers... and the rat belonged to the scientist...

Trust me. I speak truths.

Dude,

Start playing a musical instrument!! Play the guitar. Guitars are magnets for attracting women, even if you suck. Trust me. After you learn a song or two, just go to a park and start playing and singing on a bench. Don't forget your condoms.

Regards,

JT

Dude,

Start playing a musical instrument!! Play the guitar. Guitars are magnets for attracting women, even if you suck. Trust me. After you learn a song or two, just go to a park and start playing and singing on a bench. Don't forget your condoms.

Regards,

JT

Only thing Spats can play is his own skin flute.

Archived