Whats your favorite movie?

LedZep1969

I do have a few actually, different genres and everything.

Of late, definately Harry Potter!! Best thing since sliced bread as grams would say--maybe a little dramatic there but I loooove the movies..and my gramma really did witness the advent of sliced bread...course she lived in rural wisconsin growing up.

and Lord of the Rings!

Anybody ever see this one, maybe early 70's. This gang of teens learns if they die happy and willingly, maybe some kind of somethin else chant, prayer, somethin honestly don't remember, they will come back to life.

So they all start killin themselves, happily and do come back to life. Somethin to do with a toad, i think, and they all die.

Man it was funny, one guy gets buried on his bike and rides out of his grave when he comes back, someone jumps off an overpass into the hwy. They all got these smiles on their faces...it was hilarious and creepy. Which reminds me of one other, a vampire movie, It had sampson in the title but I can't remember the name and have never run across it again. It was a coven a female vampires, and only this one guy could kill em.

I love horror, fantasy, some sci fi.

The scariest thing I've seen in the last 20 yrs, can't say why exaclty, but Strange Days. omg that movie had me freaked--I was checkin windows and everything, while putting together easter baskets. :huh: there were probably some other contributing factors.

Saddest movie I ever watched was day of the dolphin?... I was young maybe 7 or 8 and I ran to mom cryin my eyes out, "do you know what they do to the dolphins?" They strap bombs to em an send em after subs and ships and stuff. omg I was really inconsolable. or is it un?

saddest until titanic...that is. Damn I was cryin before the thing ever started, as soon as the music started. And the whole theater was ballin by the end. that was an experience for sure.

ohhh and schindlers list--So glad spielberg made that one. Matter a fact I seem to enjoy just about everyone of his movies. and Ron Howard, He really turned up some great stuff too.

happy days!! I just gotta stop....

Edited by katydidgood

jesus son: billy crudup, jack black, denis leary

trainspotting: ewan macgregor

hard day's night: beatles

city lights: charlie chaplin

monkey business: marx brothers

life of brian: monty python

fear and loathing in las vegas: johnny depp

shadow of the vampire: john malkovich, willem dafoe

being john malkovich: john cusack

animal house: john belushi

kids are alright: the who

nosferatu: max schrek

lion in winter: katharine hepburn

true romance: christian slater

the dark knight: heath ledger

Pulp Fiction, Blazing Saddles, and Animal House are a few already mentioned that I liked.

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World, The Producers, Young Frankenstein, A Fish called Wanda, Caddyshack, and Dumb and Dumber are some other favorites...

Edited by jimmie ray

The English Patient

The Bridges of Madison County

Matrix Trilogy (especially Reloaded)

Lord of the Rings Trilogy (especially the Two Towers)

Bird on a Wire

Rain Man

Deceived

The Unbearable Lightness of Being

Pretty In Pink

The Shining

My Cousin Vinny

A Clockwork Orange

Music:

Rattle and Hum

The Song Remains The Same

Quadrophenia

A Hard Day's Night

Let It Be

I do have a few actually, different genres and everything.

The scariest thing I've seen in the last 20 yrs, can't say why exaclty, but Strange Days. omg that movie had me freaked--I was checkin windows and everything, while putting together easter baskets. :huh: there were probably some other contributing factors.

ohhh and schindlers list--So glad spielberg made that one. Matter a fact I seem to enjoy just about everyone of his movies. and Ron Howard, He really turned up some great stuff too.

Strange Days with Ralph Fiennes. He's such a great actor, can do any role. Very weird movie indeed. Ralph was also in Schindler's List. That movie was too disturbing for me, but i sat through it once.

Edited by ~tangerine~

mmm...I just finished watching Titanic after like 10 years that I haven't (I was really bored)....I remember watching it 4 times in the cinema and like 100000000 times on video, so the 12 year old kid in me just popped in and reminded me how much I loved that movie...and from a vantage point of 10 years gone (lol) I can actually say that no matter how much it was grind to death, this movie is still really good. srsly

Edited by Peep Solero

mmm...I just finished watching Titanic after like 10 years that I haven't (I was really bored)....I remember watching it 4 times in the cinema and like 100000000 times on video, so the 12 year old kid in me just popped in and reminded me how much I loved that movie...and from a vantage point of 10 years gone (lol) I can actually say that no matter how much it was grind to death, this movie is still really good. srsly

:D :D :D Sometimes, if nothing else is on, I watch it too. Saw it about a dozen times in theaters. Back then I only watched it for Leo :blush: but it's actually a good movie now that I've seen it more recently. Great musical score.. James Horner did a great job.

Corvette Summer :wub: Saw it in the late 70´s and loved it. I was also pretty keen on Mark Hamill. :cheer::blush:

Hee hee; I had posters of Mark Hamill all over my room when Star Wars came out! :) (I just realized that Star Wars was released during Zeppelin's '77 tour...putting it in that context it sure has been a long time).

Hee hee; I had posters of Mark Hamill all over my room when Star Wars came out! :) (I just realized that Star Wars was released during Zeppelin's '77 tour...putting it in that context it sure has been a long time).

Great minds think alike but wow we have soooo many things in common. :wave: Time flies when you´re having fun, and it goes even quicker as you get older. :console:

Lord of the Rings, all three of them (Ooh Liv Tyler)

Star Wars original trilogy, especially Empire Strikes Back (Chewbacca rules, peace to Peter Mayhew, the original hippie)

A Clockwork Orange.

Fear and loathing in Las Vegas.

Trainspotting (is diving in toilets a Jedi trick, Ewan?....please teach me, tried opium but still can not swim...haha)

Plan 9 from outer space.

Monty Python and the holy grail (seen that under influence of ANY kind of narcotics, Hommage to John Cleese, the silliest and funniest man alive)

And of course "The song remains the same"

Edited by reswati