Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
LedZep1969

Whats your favorite movie?

Recommended Posts

Groundhog Day.

Special mention to Fantastic Planet. Saw it as a (approx guess) 10 year old kid and it completely blew my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got this two disc special edition Blu-ray, it was the very first Horror film I saw age fifteen (I wasn't allowed to watch horror films up until then).  It scared me shitless. It's hard to believe this film was an X certificate, you had to be 18 to see it in the Cinema, it's now a PG.

Product Description

 

Based on M R James' classic tale of terror, 'Casting the Runes', and adapted for the screen by regular Hitchcock collaborator Charles Bennett, Jacques Tourneur's (Cat People, I Walked with a Zombie, Out of the Past) Night of the Demon is considered to be one of the seminal horror films of Twentieth-Century cinema. Released on Blu-ray for the very first time in the UK, the film is presented here in four different versions, and is accompanied by an incredible array of new and archival special features. Also includes a Limited Edition exclusive double-sided poster and 80-page book.

INDICATOR LIMITED 2-DISC BLU-RAY EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:

DISC ONE:

  • Night of the Demon – the original full-length pre-release version (96 mins)
  • Curse of the Demon – the US reissue version (96 mins)
  • 2K BFI restoration presentations at 1.75:1
  • High Definition remaster presentations at 1.66:1
  • Original mono audio
  • Audio commentary with film historian Tony Earnshaw, author of Beating the Devil: The Making of 'Night of the Demon'

DISC TWO:

  • Night of the Demon – the original UK theatrical cut (82 mins)
  • Curse of the Demon – the original US theatrical cut (82 mins)
  • High Definition remasters at 1.66:1
  • Original mono audio
  • Speak of the Devil: The Making of 'Night of the Demon' (2007, 20 mins): a documentary featuring actor Peggy Cummins and production designer Ken Adam
  • Cloven in Two (2018, 23 mins): a video essay exploring the different versions
  • Hal E Chester at the Manchester Festival of Fantastic Films (1996, 51 mins): a rare archival video interview with the producer
  • Dana Andrews on 'Night of the Demon' (1972, 10 mins): a rare audio interview with the actor conducted by film historian and preservationist Scott MacQueen
  • The Devil’s in the Detail (2018, 36 mins): Christopher Frayling discusses the film and Ken Adam
  • Horrors Unseen (2018, 27 mins): an interview with Chris Fujiwara, author of Jacques Tourneur: The Cinema of Nightfall
  • Sinister Signs (2018, 21 mins): an analysis by Kim Newman, author of Nightmare Movies
  • Under the Spell (2018, 19 mins): a personal appreciation by horror writer Ramsey Campbell
  • The Devil Gets His Due (2018, 23 mins): Scott MacQueen details the film’s release history
  • The Truth of Alchemy (2018, 22 mins): a discussion of M R James by author Roger Clarke
  • The Devil in Music (2018, 11 mins): David Huckvale on composer Clifton Parker
  • A Note of Fear (2018, 10 mins): Scott MacQueen discusses aspects of the film’s score
  • Casting the Runes (1984, 53 mins): an audio recording of Michael Hordern reading M R James’ original story
  • Escape: 'Casting the Runes' (1947, 30 mins): a radio adaptation of the story
  • Super 8 version (7 mins): original cut-down home cinema presentation
  • Isolated music & effects track
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • Image gallery: promotional and production material
  • New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • UK premiere on Blu-ray
  • Limited Edition exclusive 80-page book containing a new essay by Kat Ellinger, M R James on ghost stories, extensive writing on the film and its history, archival materials, and film credits
  • Limited Edition double-sided poster
  • Limited Edition box set of 10,000 numbered copies

 

 

 

81OuOMCT%2BSL._SL1250_.jpg

 

Edited by JTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^I also recently splurged on a special edition Blu Ray of my own favorite Halloween movie, Halloween 3: Season of the Witch. (both the series and Halloween movies in general) Also got a Silver Shamrock keychain. 😎

20181023_125651.thumb.jpg.15f83b15848559a9146a924512dd7baa.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 1:11 PM, Sathington Willoughby said:

^I also recently splurged on a special edition Blu Ray of my own favorite Halloween movie, Halloween 3: Season of the Witch. (both the series and Halloween movies in general) Also got a Silver Shamrock keychain. 😎

20181023_125651.thumb.jpg.15f83b15848559a9146a924512dd7baa.jpg

 

I just bought the entire franchise minus the Rob Zombie remakes,  I also bought the 2018 reboot, Halloween is my favorite slasher flick.

It’s the time of the season! 🎃 

Edited by BledZabbath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Time Machine from 1960, directed by George Pal, starring Rod Taylor and Yvette Mimieux.

It's so colourful and well done and it's got some very pristine friendship, enlightening romance and beautiful idealism and many other positive ideas and philosophical ideas against war and lowest forms of human existence. I always liked such movies for their message and how hard life can be to understand and cope with and escaping your own time and trying to just help create a better world has always been an idea close to me, although it can bring hard times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a tough call but i have a soft spot for both Spartacus & Ben Hur. Of course the book Ben Hur was far superior, but it wold have been a six hour movie. I grew up on those great, epic movies with grand vision and scope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comedy: Either Spinal Tap or National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon

Drama: Goodfellas

Horror: The Wolf Man (and if I have to throw in a hammer: The Evil of Frankenstein)...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2019 at 8:31 PM, SamoKodela said:

It's Time Machine from 1960, directed by George Pal, starring Rod Taylor and Yvette Mimieux.

It's so colourful and well done and it's got some very pristine friendship, enlightening romance and beautiful idealism and many other positive ideas and philosophical ideas against war and lowest forms of human existence. I always liked such movies for their message and how hard life can be to understand and cope with and escaping your own time and trying to just help create a better world has always been an idea close to me, although it can bring hard times.

I was just talking about it yesterday. The scene where Rod Taylor runs his hand through all the decayed books in the library.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

It's a tough call but i have a soft spot for both Spartacus & Ben Hur. Of course the book Ben Hur was far superior, but it wold have been a six hour movie. I grew up on those great, epic movies with grand vision and scope.

Ben Hur.

Saw the silent version in Seattle with Stewart Copeland and a 90 piece orchestra. Great show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, redrum said:

I was just talking about it yesterday. The scene where Rod Taylor runs his hand through all the decayed books in the library.

Yes, very painful experience in that scene, best hopes diminished into minor expectations, that will carry on into a flame of new hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SamoKodela said:

Yes, very painful experience in that scene, best hopes diminished into minor expectations, that will carry on into a flame of new hope.

Lucky a Morlock didn't start the machine and go back in time. As kids we all thought we could go back in time after seeing the movie. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, redrum said:

Lucky a Morlock didn't start the machine and go back in time. As kids we all thought we could go back in time after seeing the movie. 😄

As long as he doesn't take his wife. And sorry for the writing style in my sentence. Atlaest I wasn't monologuing. I'm certainly realising that small talk exists and it's not neccesarily a thing I couldn't understand. Sorry.

Edited by SamoKodela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SamoKodela said:

As long as he doesn't take his wife. And sorry for the writing style in my sentence. Atlaest I wasn't monologuing. I'm certainly realising that small talk exists and it's not neccesarily a thing I couldn't understand. Sorry.

Do you Weena, take Gonk the Morlock to be your lawful wedded husband?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, redrum said:

Do you Weena, take Gonk the Morlock to be your lawful wedded husband?

Poor Weena, if only she could somehow turn him vegetarian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who could pick one movie?  I mean, seriously.  Maybe The Godfather, maybe Papilion,  maybe Heat,  maybe Gone with the Wind, and The Wizard of Oz.  Oh yeah.  For tonight, maybe "8 Men Out".  Base hit Nats.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2019 at 3:30 PM, SamoKodela said:

Poor Weena, if only she could somehow turn him vegetarian.

You mean Mary-Mo, she's a vegetarian. She don't eat meat, but she sure likes the bone :drumz:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 1:11 PM, Sathington Willoughby said:

^I also recently splurged on a special edition Blu Ray of my own favorite Halloween movie, Halloween 3: Season of the Witch. (both the series and Halloween movies in general) Also got a Silver Shamrock keychain. 😎

20181023_125651.thumb.jpg.15f83b15848559a9146a924512dd7baa.jpg

 

You believe these are good movies?  I think you better get a good shrink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did I miss this thread?

Young Frankenstein 

The Life Of Brian

The Wizard Of Oz

To Kill A Mockingbird

The Song Remains The Same

ET

Close Encounters

Mulholland Drive

Fire Walk With Me 

A day At  The Races

Chaplin

 

 

 

I could go on and on and will remember more  as soon as I post  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, slave to zep said:

How did I miss this thread?

Young Frankenstein 

The Life Of Brian

The Wizard Of Oz

To Kill A Mockingbird

The Song Remains The Same

ET

Close Encounters

Mulholland Drive

Fire Walk With Me 

A day At  The Races

Chaplin

 

 

 

I could go on and on and will remember more  as soon as I post  lol

I found it late also and like you, I realized no such thing as picking one movie.  Only one we have in common is Wizard of Oz.  Should be on everyone's list. Such a classic.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...