Knebworth Meet Up

MHD

Ok, here we go...here are the details of the Led Zeppelin forum fan meet up. Please let me know if you're planning on coming. If anyone has any questions or would like any more info (such as accommodation info) please contact me.

Date: Saturday, 30th August 2008

Time: 11.30am

Place: The Garden Terrace room, Knebworth House

Here is link to the Knebworth House website with details of where we'll be meeting..

Knebworth House

Hope to see you there! :D

MissHD

Hi

I was at the reception last night and although I won't give away anything in terms of what's there it was a pretty cool set up. My singles and some of my mags were up.

Anyway the point of this post is to say if you guys are not driving its pretty easy to get to the house by cab from Stevenage station. Its a 5 min ride and it'll cost about £7.

Hope that helps you all out. I won't be there since I have other plans but hope you enjoy it.

Annie did a great job.

Eddie

Hi

I was at the reception last night and although I won't give away anything in terms of what's there it was a pretty cool set up. My singles and some of my mags were up.

Anyway the point of this post is to say if you guys are not driving its pretty easy to get to the house by cab from Stevenage station. Its a 5 min ride and it'll cost about £7.

Hope that helps you all out. I won't be there since I have other plans but hope you enjoy it.

Annie did a great job.

Eddie

Thanks for that info Eddie, much appreciated. I'm pleased the reception went well, I'm so looking forward to going :)

Hey

I'll be there, most probably on 23th of August. I'll miss your meeting on the 30th, but it is so nice to share the pleasure of going with true Zep fans on this forum. Wish your meeting will be a very pleasant one Honey Dripper,

Have fun

Manu

I'll be there! I really look forward to meeting all of you that are able to come. I met Lilith today - poor girl - she arrived when I did and I put her to work setting labels out on the exhibit! The exhibit is popular and people queue up to get in, so I was in a bit of a flap trying to get things done with people arriving so soon after opening! Thanks Lilith! :)

I'll be there on the 23rd too Manu, so announce yourself when you come in. I'm easy to spot.

How much is it to get in the Zep exhibit ?

It doesn't cost anything to get into the exhibit. It's free with a ticket to the House and Gardens.

The support we've had is amazing. We've already sold out of some items in the gift shop and it is only the 2nd day of the exhibit! We're going to really help the children in Brazil. Thank you Zep fans!!! :notworthy:

I'll be there! I really look forward to meeting all of you that are able to come. I met Lilith today - poor girl - she arrived when I did and I put her to work setting labels out on the exhibit! The exhibit is popular and people queue up to get in, so I was in a bit of a flap trying to get things done with people arriving so soon after opening! Thanks Lilith! :)

I'll be there on the 23rd too Manu, so announce yourself when you come in. I'm easy to spot.

It doesn't cost anything to get into the exhibit. It's free with a ticket to the House and Gardens.

The support we've had is amazing. We've already sold out of some items in the gift shop and it is only the 2nd day of the exhibit! We're going to really help the children in Brazil. Thank you Zep fans!!! :notworthy:

I'm so happy it's going so well, Annie. I've been thinking of you the last few days. When will I be able to get a programme? I wish so much I could be there! Seeing it might help me feel a little better. I can't believe there is already talk of a next one! That's fantastic!

It's times like these that I wish I could just drop life for a moment, hop on a plane and head to England. Among the two places we most often talk about visiting are Knebworth (for me) and the ruins of Goodrich Castle in the West Midlands, which is a part of my wife's family heritage. We have been talking of going there in the near future as soon as our children are old enough to appreciate that sort of thing.

Wish I could be there to celebrate with you all. Have fun. :D

You're more than welcome, PageAngel - I was really happy to help in whatever small way I could! I had a great time (I posted my experience of the day in the other thread) and it was wonderful to meet you (loved your socks, by the way!!!) :D

I wish I could make the fan meet up on the 30th, but I will be on holiday at the time :( . I have had a great weekend, though - thank you for all the hard work you've put in to organising the exhibition - it's amazing.

:thanku:

Thanks for the info PageAngel , basically £9.50 then , i hopefully will see yourself and Manu on the 23rd also as that's when myself an Black Country Woman will be coming down .

I'll look out for you , see ya then :wave:

Thanks for the info PageAngel , basically £9.50 then , i hopefully will see yourself and Manu on the 23rd also as that's when myself an Black Country Woman will be coming down .

I'll look out for you , see ya then :wave:

I got confused when I said I would be there on August 23th :blink:

I'll be there a week earlier on August 16th.

Last December, I was ready for a trip to London for the show, but 20,000 other lucky fans won this chance. It is strange how things turns out sometimes, until a month ago I wouldn't have thought I would go anyway. I guess I just had to be there, and Knebworth exhibitt has given me the good reason to fly to London. I'm looking forward to see you Page Angel and whoever might show up on August 16th.

Annie, it seems you and our mates have done a fabulous job! Congrats! I wish I could've shipped my stuff over there, hell I wish I could've made it myself! Cheers to ya for putting this together! Please email me and tell me how it's going. I wish I could've brought more to it, but I'm way over here in California, as you know. You and Mark have my cell. Stay in touch! Love you all, Ev

The 16th will be fine Manu, I'll see you then. :)

Thank you Ev. I'll email you when I get things a little more sorted out here. In all this excitement I've come home today to realise that I have nothing to wear as it is all currently residing in Annie's Laundry Mountain. :rolleyes:

Just knowing your best wishes are with the exhibit is wonderful! I know you would have loaned something if you could have. :wave:

imagesource1lt9.jpg

The Carnegie Challenge Cup Final - 30 August 2008

hullfc.jpg

Sorry everyone... prior engagement

Seen as it's you, I'll let you off :D

Enjoy the match! Will it be another 'Ull Wembley victory???

Ta Chuck!

COME ON YOU 'ULLLLLLL

I hope so

I really hope that we both have a great day on that Saturday

Grab yersen' some (ahem), good food whilst you're there

knebworhmenuab9.jpg

Ooooo, tasty!! Mind you, the curry's a bit expensive :lol: I hope the GPO will provide us with public telephones again, you never know when your mobile can't get a signal ;)

Ooooo, tasty!! Mind you, the curry's a bit expensive :lol: I hope the GPO will provide us with public telephones again, you never know when your mobile can't get a signal ;)

At the time we wondered what 'Pilao and Curry' was... pilao!?!?!? wtf is that?

We also wondered 'who can afford these prices'??????

I may be wrong but isn't 'Pilao and Curry' Rice and Curry.

Ignore him Dan he's from up north.

Pilau would have been really posh for him :P

he's right about the prices though, double hot dog 50p, daylight robbery <_<

Archived