Knebworth Meet Up

MHD

Ignore him Dan he's from up north.

Pilau would have been really posh for him :P

he's right about the prices though, double hot dog 50p, daylight robbery <_<

They eat well Up North, I did my brickie apprenticeship in Boro, if you chucked a chip in a puddle you got an oil slick. :lol:

They eat well Up North, I did my brickie apprenticeship in Boro, if you chucked a chip in a puddle you got an oil slick. :lol:

And a fight between some teesiders to have it for their supper. :whistling:

I live far enough away to say that :D

And a fight between some teesiders to have it for their supper. :whistling:

I live far enough away to say that :D

You coward. :lol:

They are good people UP NORTH, never went hungry or dry, fish was easy and the lasses were wet, or was it tuther way round. ;)

You coward. :lol:

They are good people UP NORTH, never went hungry or dry, fish was easy and the lasses were wet, or was it tuther way round. ;)

I think it works both ways :D

My wife was from UP T'NORTH ( east) so thats how I know. :blink:

Who's the other man, if I may be so bold to ask?

We divorced back in 86 and she remarried about 15 years ago now. Not bad move on both our parts really. :D

I did take her to the first Knebworth show

Never remarried myself but have lived with someone since late 86 B)

My son lives in Haringey. He used to live in Bow, more your way I guess you being a Hammers fan.

We divorced back in 86 and she remarried about 15 years ago now. Not bad move on both our parts really. :D

I did take her to the first Knebworth show

Never remarried myself but have lived with someone since late 86 B)

My son lives in Haringey. He used to live in Bow, more your way I guess you being a Hammers fan.

Sorry to hear that mate, even if it's for the better, it's never nice and there is always some hurt in there somewhere.

Nice one, Bow, I was born in Bethnal Green, right next to Bow, just over the canal.

I speak a rare dialect of Cockney called, "Cockney Bow Locks" ave ya eva erd of it by any chance 'ledded1'? Where you from then?

Sorry to hear that mate, even if it's for the better, it's never nice and there is always some hurt in there somewhere.

Nice one, Bow, I was born in Bethnal Green, right next to Bow, just over the canal.

I speak a rare dialect of Cockney called, "Cockney Bow Locks" ave ya eva erd of it by any chance 'ledded1'? Where you from then?

Oh the divorce is long gone and hasn't been an issue once the first 18 months were done. It wasn't messy or like some of my friends where there was mutual hatred it was just 2 people growing apart. Both parties survived and moved on. B)

I've heard the Cockney Bow Locks, it'a an original dialect isn't it.

I am a little north of the Bow bells, about 170 miles in fact but I don't class myself as a northerner I am a Midlander.

My footy team have just been promoted and so will be playing your beloved Hammers this year

(probably only the one season) so if you get to Stoke keep going is my advice :D

It will be our Delilah against your Forever blowing bubbles :)

Yeah, it is, but back in '79 and coming from 'up North' we'd never heard of 'pilao'. That was summat yer rested yer head on whilst in bed!!

Had it been patty 'n' chips, we'd have been laughing.

:hysterical:

I don't class myself as a northerner I am a Midlander.

We all have our cross to bear

My footy team have just been promoted and so will be playing your beloved Hammers this year

(probably only the one season) so if you get to Stoke keep going is my advice :D

We all have our cross to bear

Oh the divorce is long gone and hasn't been an issue once the first 18 months were done. It wasn't messy or like some of my friends where there was mutual hatred it was just 2 people growing apart. Both parties survived and moved on. B)

I've heard the Cockney Bow Locks, it'a an original dialect isn't it.

I am a little north of the Bow bells, about 170 miles in fact but I don't class myself as a northerner I am a Midlander.

Hi 'ledded1'

Yes you are right, the "Cockney Bow Locks" dialect is a very original dialect spoken from the Regents Canal area to the River Lea boundary, and they say I'm full of it. :lol:

You a "Potter" then? What a coincidence, my first and only arrest was at a Stoke V Westham game in 1972, copper said I attacked six Stoke fans, court threw it out, they couldn't believe it, Lucky me.

Stoke, nice place, not as friendly as Nottingham to me if you know what I mean. :lol:

What do you think of Miss Honey Drippers "Tat's" then mate, and no I'm not dyslexic. :lol:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?s...=6557&st=80 post 85.

Alas, it looks as though I'll be tied up writing and won't be able go to the UK until the week after the meet-up. Sorry I'll miss everyone and the exhibit! :'( Hoping I'll get to Annie's next event at any rate.

ETA: Hmmmm, actually, fares are suddenly a bit less crap...

I have a number of fans coming the weekend of the 16th too, so it will be a busy last couple of weeks! :D

Good luck with the whole event. I wish I could make it but I hope everyone here that does go, has a great time. Pat yourself on the back for such a tremendous effort :)

He used to live in Bow, more your way I guess you being a Hammers fan.

The Hammers - the Hammers is the nickname of what English football team? 'the Hammers? (shot of Karl Marx furrowing his brow- obviously he hasn't a clue) No? Well bad luck there, Karl. So we'll go onto you Che. Che Guevara - Coventry City last won the FA Cup in what year? (cut to Che looking equally dumbfounded) No? I'll throw it open. Coventry City last won the FA Cup in what year? (they all look blank) No? Well, I'm not surprised you didn't get that. It was in fact a trick question. Coventry City have never won the FA Cup.

Apologies, best a Yank can manage. What is this "football" you people speak of? ;):lol:

The Hammers - the Hammers is the nickname of what English football team? 'the Hammers? (shot of Karl Marx furrowing his brow- obviously he hasn't a clue) No? Well bad luck there, Karl. So we'll go onto you Che. Che Guevara - Coventry City last won the FA Cup in what year? (cut to Che looking equally dumbfounded) No? I'll throw it open. Coventry City last won the FA Cup in what year? (they all look blank) No? Well, I'm not surprised you didn't get that. It was in fact a trick question. Coventry City have never won the FA Cup.

Apologies, best a Yank can manage. What is this "football" you people speak of? ;):lol:

Ev do you know what the FA CUP is? - that joke is now slightly out of date cos Coventry City have now won the cup since it was written!! - all the best matey!!

(smart arse H)

:lol::lol: I'm noticing a slightly 'abstract' feel to your posts this morning matey . You been up all night again? :lol:

Hi Evster,

In answer to your question, The Hammers are the nickname of WestHam United from the East End of London.

Like your Monty Python quote but Coventry City did eventualy win the FA cup in 1987.

Coventry City 3 Tottenham Hotspur 2, after extra time

Anything else English, you only have to ask,

Your servant, Danny

PS. I know you were not really asking a question ;)

PPS. What is this Football you "Yanks" speak of.? The rest of the world play football with their feet but you lot pick the ball up and run with it, it's more like our Rugby. :wtf:

PPPS. I still love's ya baby.

Hi Evster,

In answer to your question, The Hammers are the nickname of WestHam United from the East End of London.

Like your Monty Python quote but Coventry City did eventualy win the FA cup in 1987.

Coventry City 3 Tottenham Hotspur 2, after extra time

Anything else English, you only have to ask,

Your servant, Danny

PS. I know you were not really asking a question ;)

PPS. What is this Football you "Yanks" speak of.? The rest of the world play football with their feet but you lot pick the ball up and run with it, it's more like our Rugby. :wtf:

PPPS. I still love's ya baby.

I'm gonna be a smart arse again rugby is actually called rugby football :blink::D:blink:

Archived