Knebworth Meet Up

MHD

Hi everyone, I'm v new to this forum (as you can see by the number of posts) but I've been a Zep fan since '77. What's the gen on this meet? Although I don't live far away (Hampshire) I'm sorry I can't make it on the 30th: is this going to happen again? Last time I was at Knebworth was 4 Aug 79, a day I'll never forget :rolleyes: . Whatever happens on 30th hope you all have a great time - be good or be careful!

Miss Honeydripper, are you coming down the A1?

If you are i might be interested in a lift, I live off there along from Brampton/Huntingdon( about 10 miles).

i wouldn't mind coming along, i went to the Aug 11th show at Knebworth.

Cheers,

ian

With all the excitement of Jimmy's appearance at the Olympics, Jason leaving Foreigner, I was meant to post this yesterday but didn't get around to it.

I am very sorry to say that due to unforeseeable family circumstances, I am unable to make the meet up next Saturday. I apologise most sincerely, and will be PM-ing everyone who showed interest and to those who I have been in contact with. I am very, very disappointed that I can't go but my first priority is my family. I hope that everyone is understanding.

Thanks,

MissHD

Sorry to hear you can't make it MissHD - and after all your hard work setting everything up! I hope everything is OK with your family.

Well, for anyone that can be there, I will be very happy to meet you. Is it 11:30 you were all meeting at the Barns? I'll be there if that is the right time. I have to be in the House at 12, but there's time for a coffee and a chat before then! :)

Sorry to hear you can't make it MissHD - and after all your hard work setting everything up! I hope everything is OK with your family.

Well, for anyone that can be there, I will be very happy to meet you. Is it 11:30 you were all meeting at the Barns? I'll be there if that is the right time. I have to be in the House at 12, but there's time for a coffee and a chat before then! :)

What is or where are the Barns?

What is or where are the Barns?

Ledded, it is the Garden Terrace room that I arranged as a meet up place, which I believe is adjacent or in the vicinity of The Barns. The Barns is a function room at Knebworth. It's not open to the public unless it is hired for whatever reason. The Garden Terrace is a cafe/bar.

Ledded, it is the Garden Terrace room that I arranged as a meet up place, which I believe is adjacent or in the vicinity of The Barns. The Barns is a function room at Knebworth. It's not open to the public unless it is hired for whatever reason. The Garden Terrace is a cafe/bar.

Thanks Miss HD I will aim to be there for 11.30 then and hope to meet up with some of the others. B)

Still sorry you won't be there though :(

Sorry guys, couldn't make it today. I had root canal surgery on a tooth yesterday, the antibiotics are really strong; they wiped me out and I only just woke up.

I'm so pissed off, as I really wanted to see the exhibition and hang out.

Look forward to hearing all the reports of the get together.

Indi.

I was there today and many congratulations to Page Angel. She deserves the plaudits for getting this off the ground. She has put a hell of a lot of time effort and money into this and we should be supporting her future endeavours to continue doing so.

She was also great company and an obvious Zep fan.

Thanks PA I had a great trip out.

Hi to Lee too good to meet you.

B)B)

It was just fantastic meeting you too Ledded1, and Lee as well. I had such a great time chatting with you both. Thanks too for your generosity with the fund raising effort. It's wonderful to meet fans who love the band enough to contribute more than words, as we need cash to help the children. You're a real star.

I enjoyed the work that went into the exhibit, and like a true glutton for punishment I'll be doing it all again next year if I can get the help again. If you'd still like to help, please keep in touch on the Memories in Music website. :wave:

Archived