Page/Edge/White Documentary

Dandu

TIFF 2008: The Guest List

Posted: August 19, 2008, 1:35 PM by Brad Frenette

Movies, TIFF 2008

Jack White, Jimmy Page and The Edge!

And even a few actors too.

Here is the 500-strong, complete guest list for this years Toronto International Film Festival:

Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston,

Forget about Jimmy - wonder if Brad & Jennifer will run into each other. B) (KIDDING!)

Steve,

You indicated elsewhere on this board that Jimmy was planning to attend the screening. Do you have any idea which?

The world premier (Friday night). You may wish to note a separate screening for the press is also being planned, that it will probably be held earlier that day, and I surmise

he'd participate in both. Bear in mind all this is still being planned, not confirmed yet.

For those inquiring about an international release of the film there is this information:

International Sales Agent: The Little Film Company

It was mentioned in the Tuesday August 26 edition of the Toronto Sun newspaper that Jimmy Page will be attending the screening of this documentary. :D

Can't wait for the pre-screening press conference.

This is the article. See last sentence. The rest of it is interesting too

Although it has been rumoured for a while, drummer Jason Bonham confirmed last week that he is indeed working on new material with Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones, fuelling a bit more speculation that something might be in the works regarding a highly anticipated Zeppelin reunion tour despite singer Robert Plant pretending to doze off at the notion last month at a Toronto news conference.

"I've been over a couple of times with Jimmy and John Paul just trying to do some new material and writing," Bonham told Detroit classic rock radio station WCSX last Friday. "So I don't know what it will be but it will be something. I mean this is something that I always wanted to do but trying to predict what it will be at the moment ... all I know is I have the greatest pleasure to go and jam with the two guys and try and work on some new material, so it's been fantastic in that aspect."

Bonham, who had been drumming for Foreigner recently, also announced that he will stop touring with the band at the end of August to allow for some downtime to be with his children and also in the event something else becomes a reality in the future, most likely a Zeppelin tour.

"I'd say it's too early to tell, the possibility of doing something I really felt like it was in the cards from the moment we walked off stage after the O2 (reunion show at London's O2 Arena last December)," Bonham said. "There was obviously a lot of politics and things. It wasn't just as cut and dry as just go and do it."

The announcement came days before Page performed Whole Lotta Love with Leona Lewis at the closing ceremonies of the Summer Olympics in Beijing.

Page is also slated to appear at the Toronto International Film Festival next month when the music documentary It Might Get Loud makes its world premiere.

No answers then. :rolleyes:

I was suggesting that it doesn't pay to get ones self into a whole lotta bother over nothing. His response was childish and unecessary. As for the big fish, I think the mods around here qualify. What did you think I meant ?

They may jam with Jack White somewhere along the line but he's not in the new group. You can quote me on that and etch it in granite.

Wouldn't be great if he WAS part of the "new" group? He'd fit right in like a missing puzzle piece.

Bless Robert but he is yesterday's news when it comes to this re-grouping.

^Erm, no. I so don't understand why people think that some squalling boy singer is the good substitute for Robert, who is a very nuanced vocalist. :rolleyes:

Funny, critics said the same thing about Robert when he was a young, upcoming singer...

^Erm, no. I so don't understand why people think that some squalling boy singer is the good substitute for Robert, who is a very nuanced vocalist. :rolleyes:

My own interest in getting Jack White involved was to hear him play with Jimmy, not as a substitute for Robert. But I also think he's a great singer (certainly not as good as Robert, who has learned to use his voice in so many ways, but not dissimilar), in a very different way--at any rate, I have to take issue with describing him as a "squalling boy singer," if only because he's too old! :D

Saw Jack Saturday with the Raconteurs. Absolutely amazing show. The man obviously has been inspired by Jimmy Page, even rocked a pair of plaid pants.

Finally found a photo of Jack rockin' the tartan trousers. He's brave:

liveRaconteurs2008.jpg

'n holy crap! This is from the doc web site that AA posted the link for: "Page visits the stone halls of Headley Grange where 'Stairway to Heaven' was composed." Wow and wow. I must see this film.

My own interest in getting Jack White involved was to hear him play with Jimmy, not as a substitute for Robert. But I also think he's a great singer (certainly not as good as Robert, who has learned to use his voice in so many ways, but not dissimilar), in a very different way--at any rate, I have to take issue with describing him as a "squalling boy singer," if only because he's too old! :D

Sorry, Aqua, I didn't mean to offend--I didn't remember your having said anything about JW here! Actually, I was more responding to the idea of a boy as opposed to a girl, and to the many Ozzy, Dio, etc. suggestions that people had put forth all around the forum.

Archived