I'm Gonna Crawl

One of my top ten favorites, "I'm Gonna Crawl". My favorite song (and has been since the album's release) off ITTOD. Anyway, this song has often made me cry over the years. I find it to be very sad, although the words suggest it to be a love song more than a heartbreak song. It's definitely the music and of course the way Robert sings it with so much emotion. Reminds me of "Since I've Been Loving You" in many ways.

I don't laugh to any Zeppelin songs. Deep emotions are evoked from all my favs...but "Hotdog" is the only one i can even think would remotely make me laugh (it's so upbeat for Zeppelin).

• 2 weeks later...
It is an amazing song indeed but I find it a bit melancholy to hear. The bluesy, almost desparate feel (in my mind) of the song resonates more with the fact it's the last song on the last album they did :( But I still find it a gem, just has a bit of a boohoo to me.

Tangerine is another that brings up these feelings, but IGC has a different, solemn tone. I don't know how much of that is because I know it's the last song on the last album (LSOTLA). Tea for One is another that just fits as an ending song. I have always like IGC - it's got so much class.

Archived