LED ZEPPELIN IS RANKED 3RD ON THE TOP 10 ALL-TIME GREATEST ROCKER PERFORMERS!

Hi fellow die hard hard ZEPPELIN fanatics,

While at work this morning, I read my morning newspaper and guess what I read? I read in the SAN ANTONIO EXPRESS-NEWS the TOP 10 ALL-TIME GREATEST ROCK PERFORMERS EVER according to The List Universe at www.listverse.com. The list is as followings: (1.) THE BEATLES, (2.) ELVIS PRESLEY, (3.) LED ZEPPELIN, (4.) THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE, (5.) THE ROLLING STONES, (6.) THE WHO, (7.) PINK FLOYD, (8.) QUEEN, (9.) METALLICA and (10.) THE BEACH BOYS. What do all of you think about this list? ROCK ON!

While at work this morning, I read my morning newspaper and guess what I read? I read in the SAN ANTONIO EXPRESS-NEWS the TOP 10 ALL-TIME GREATEST ROCK PERFORMERS EVER according to The List Universe at www.listverse.com. The list is as followings: (1.) THE BEATLES, (2.) ELVIS PRESLEY, (3.) LED ZEPPELIN, (4.) THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE, (5.) THE ROLLING STONES, (6.) THE WHO, (7.) PINK FLOYD, (8.) QUEEN, (9.) METALLICA and (10.) THE BEACH BOYS. What do all of you think about this list? ROCK ON!

I think that is fantastic, concidering Zeppelin was only together for 10 years!!!

I also read that Zeppelin was the second most selling band of all time, next to Beatles..

Even more then The Rolling Stones, who still plays and have hundreds of albums:-))))

They still have the largest crowd of people at one show, I think it is 60 000 people.

Zep is the BEST.

HUgs from Norway

Linda.

I think that is fantastic, concidering Zeppelin was only together for 10 years!!!

I also read that Zeppelin was the second most selling band of all time, next to Beatles..

Even more then The Rolling Stones, who still plays and have hundreds of albums:-))))

They still have the largest crowd of people at one show, I think it is 60 000 people.

Zep is the BEST.

HUgs from Norway

Linda.

I'm with you linda, I also feel that the list is fair when you look at the company above LED ZEPPELIN. We're talking about THE BEATLES and ELVIS here. LED ZEPPELIN should feel happy and honored to be in the TOP 3 ALL-TIME GREATEST ROCK PERFORMERS EVER. Look at all of the bands below LED ZEPPELIN, these bands are GREAT! LED ZEPPELIN IS GREATER THAN THE ROLLING STONES, WOW! ROCK ON!

Sounds pretty good except I think they could find a substitute for #10, The Beach Boys. Just about any would be better than them. They played at my high school arena, in a little farming community of just 21,000 back in 1970 -- wasn't that in their heyday? -- and trust me, they don't rank in top 10 all-time greatest rock performers.

I don't pay too much mind to these sorts of "top" lists. It's very subjective. I would agree with some of the artists they listed but not in the order, but that's just my opinion.

And is a good one...

I don't know; if we're talking 'performers' I would put Zeppelin only behind Elvis. I love the Beatles but I can't say they were great 'performers' were they? They were mostly a studio band don't you think?

I don't know; if we're talking 'performers' I would put Zeppelin only behind Elvis. I love the Beatles but I can't say they were great 'performers' were they? They were mostly a studio band don't you think?

I never quite believed that THE BEATLES were great live performers, only a great studio band until "LET IT BE" came out. THE BEATLES' last hurrah on the rooftop at the end of the film silenced the music critics and proved once and for all that they could perform great live. ROCK ON!

Sounds pretty good except I think they could find a substitute for #10, The Beach Boys. Just about any would be better than them. They played at my high school arena, in a little farming community of just 21,000 back in 1970 -- wasn't that in their heyday?

Nope;their "heyday" was approx. 1963-1966;at least in terms of studio output.

Zep is the BEST.

HUgs from Norway

Linda.

I believe it was 13 years, 1968 to 1980. :)

Zep is the BEST.

HUgs from Norway

Linda.

I don't know about the numbers for sure, but I would be willing to bet, in this age of stadiums getting bigger and bigger, the record is surely bigger than 60,000. About every big band that plays in S. America draws that many.

I'll add my 2c to the topic.....

Zep

Black Crowes

Pearl Jam

The Who

Rush

Pink Floyd

Beatles

GnR

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Radiohead, and I wouldnt have added them a week ago. Their shows are different than anything I've seen. They fit their music to a T.

I consider studio and live as performing. I think of it in general terms of how consistently awesome a band is in both facets.

Thanks ZF4....fresh topic for a change!

Well, I'm just an ordinary rock listener who thinks Led Zep is the greatest rock band of all time, and who happens to like Robert Plant since I was 5.

But if I were to have my own, my top 5 performers ever would be:

1. LED ZEPPELIN

2. Queen

3. Elvis

4. The Beatles

5. Jimi Hendrix or Metallica

The rest of the list I'm really not into, except for The Who.

Have a good night!

I never quite believed that THE BEATLES were great live performers, only a great studio band until "LET IT BE" came out. THE BEATLES' last hurrah on the rooftop at the end of the film silenced the music critics and proved once and for all that they could perform great live. ROCK ON!

True. I count Let it Be as one of my most fave albums of all time and The Beatles' best album (another one of those polls ranked White Album as their best) and best performance.

Why I threw away that original double jacket release I don't know. Damn.

Archived