Effed up CD story #1

JethroTull

About 3-4 days before leaving on vacation I brought two CD's up from the basement in order to listen to them whilst packing my suitcase. CD #1 was a 3 song single of the Crash Test Dummies song Mmm, Mmm, Mmmm. It has an interesting photo on the cover. So we travel to London and take in a couple of museums, The National Gallery and The British Museums to name two. We get back from London. Yesterday I decided to listen to the Mmm, Mmm, Mmm CD. I was looking at the cover and realized IT WAS (BASED ON) A PAINTING WE SAW IN ONE OF THE MUSEUMS. Further research shows it to be a Titian painting named Bacchus and Ariadne.

It's hanging at The National Gallery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacchus_and_Ariadne

300px-Titian_Bacchus_and_Ariadne.jpg

I thought this type of stuff only happened while listening to The Grateful Dead.

About 3-4 days before leaving on vacation I brought two CD's up from the basement in order to listen to them whilst packing my suitcase. CD #1 was a 3 song single of the Crash Test Dummies song Mmm, Mmm, Mmmm. It has an interesting photo on the cover. So we travel to London and take in a couple of museums, The National Gallery and The British Museums to name two. We get back from London. Yesterday I decided to listen to the Mmm, Mmm, Mmm CD. I was looking at the cover and realized IT WAS (BASED ON) A PAINTING WE SAW IN ONE OF THE MUSEUMS. Further research shows it to be a Titian painting named Bacchus and Ariadne.

It's hanging at The National Gallery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacchus_and_Ariadne

300px-Titian_Bacchus_and_Ariadne.jpg

I thought this type of stuff only happened while listening to The Grateful Dead.

I've been to Britains Museum Of Natural History a few times. I love that place, especially the ceiling in the center. Important question is did you have fun? Is it still free besides donations, or have they started charging a few quid as everywhere else?

What else did you get to see "over the pond," Tull? Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace?

I've been to Britains Museum Of Natural History a few times. I love that place, especially the ceiling in the center. Important question is did you have fun? Is it still free besides donations, or have they started charging a few quid as everywhere else?

What else did you get to see "over the pond," Tull? Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace?

still free as of last march...

Archived