Is now the time for Jimmy to write his autobiography?

zeptangerine

Jimmy's autobiography: now or when, what or who?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jimmy write an autobiography? If so, who or what would you like to see him write about?

• Yes write one now please!
    • No thanks, I'd rather not know anymore about him.
    • Let his kids write a tell-all book when he's gone.

Absolutely!

Even though he still has a few miles left in the tank, most of his story has been written.

He needs to share it with us now.

My guess is that it would hit the best seller list automatically.

I know it would be a best seller- the LZ forum members alone would buy two copies each! :D

I also think it's time he told his side of things instead of Mick Wall, Richard Cole (gag) and others writing it for him. Jimmy doesn't like what others have writen about him in the past, biographically wise. He seemed to sneer at the LZ Rough Guide recently.

(A few miles left in the tank- I'm laughing even though I know it's just plain wrong... :rolleyes: )

Yes! No one could tell it better! I would love to see what he says about everything, and it would even include his Swinging London, in the '60's. I would also be interested in him talking about his childhood, as I am an only child too.

I think he's really opened up a great deal in recent years, so it would not be a stretch for him to write his autobiography. I wish he would come clean a little more about the drug use and his relationships.

Me too. It would be rather boring (unless you are a musician) if all he were to talk about were guitar tunings and production techniques. I've read a lot of those articles with interest but don't really want a book dedicated to that.

There are a lot of interesting things he could share with us without revealing TOO much.....

Jimmy! PLEASE GET YOURSELF A PENCIL AND SOME PAPERS OR A COMPUTER AND START WRITING THIS DAMN BOOK!!!

I'm serious about that and will get angry if you don't. HA!

Agreed- we know he can type because he sent out a letter of apology to the original O2 ticket holders when the show was rescheduled. So there are no excuses! (unless the left pinky is acting up again, then it might be difficult to type a, q, z...) :rolleyes:

ps- My only wish is that Jimmy writes a better autobio than Eric Clapton. Jeeze was I disappointed in that book.

Let's just say that if Jimmy wrote his autobiography now, he'd have to keep adding chapters for the stuff he hasn't done yet.

He may have already started. Like years ago...who knows.

He could have written an interesting one if Led Zeppelin never formed. There's just so much to talk about.

Me too. It would be rather boring (unless you are a musician) if all he were to talk about were guitar tunings and production techniques. I've read a lot of those articles with interest but don't really want a book dedicated to that.

There are a lot of interesting things he could share with us without revealing TOO much.....

Right on- and leave that technical stuff to Guitar Magazine!

:D

But what should he write about to make the book interesting without getting too personal or technical? Any ideas? How about a title?

I'd be disappointed if he didn't write something about his relationships with family, friends, the Keith Relf years, his Zeppelin best/worst memories, world travels and of course, Bonzo's death. Hopefully he'll leave out the '70s groupie stuff- yawn (order back issues of Creem & Circus if you need to know all that!).

He told Mick Wall at the time of Outrider he would be afraid it would get banned before it got on the shelves. It makes me want him to write it even more!

That sounds good to me! Banned books are my favorite books of all... :D

Let's just say that if Jimmy wrote his autobiography now, he'd have to keep adding chapters for the stuff he hasn't done yet.

He may have already started. Like years ago...who knows.

He could have written an interesting one if Led Zeppelin never formed. There's just so much to talk about.

Why not? Fred Astaire wrote his in the middle of his career (circa 1959)

• 1 month later...

With all the stuff surrounding the o2 i doupt he will have time for one anytime soon. Although i am hoping when he gets some free time for him to write one. I know there are alot of things he might like to address or set stright due to others mis quotes and reiterations of past event. Id love to read a book written by him about his life. I think its a good time to start planning one out. As it would make alot of happy zep fans even happier knowing they are getting answers stright from his mouth and not from a manager point of view... wink wink nudge nudge.

• 1 month later...

What about keeping the Jimmy Page mystique going? I'd love to hear from Pagey himself about his family and childhood, musical development and interest in the occult though. Maybe he could do like Sting and write his life story up until a certain point. Sting's memoir ended just as The Police were becoming successful.

Maybe the Dark Lord could write his story up until the completion of the fourth album.

Archived