Is now the time for Jimmy to write his autobiography?

zeptangerine

Jimmy's autobiography: now or when, what or who?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jimmy write an autobiography? If so, who or what would you like to see him write about?

• Yes write one now please!
    • No thanks, I'd rather not know anymore about him.
    • Let his kids write a tell-all book when he's gone.

Yes! Page needs to write one. It should be about his whole life, when he was a kid, when he was in The Yardbirds, Led Zep and The Firm and other projects/bands he was in. And he should talk about his relationship with J.B, J.P.J and R.P.

:rolleyes:

Yes! Page needs to write one. It should be about his whole life, when he was a kid, when he was in The Yardbirds, Led Zep and The Firm and other projects/bands he was in. And he should talk about his relationship with J.B, J.P.J and R.P.

:rolleyes:

I'm thinking publishers would wet their pants over a Jimmy Page Autobio; he'd have not one, two, but probably three volumes worth of material. (Just think of that cool box-set packaging for the perfect Christmas gift... )

Definetly! I think Jimmy's story in his own words would be very interesting. I would certainly buy the book!! :)

It would really be refreshing to have a history of the band written by one (or all) of the three surviving members of the band, and I would certainly buy that book. Who knows, someone with a good relationship with all three of them may be able to pull off a project like that in a few years. (It is still too early, too much history still to occur on the performance/recording front). I am not buying products from the sycophants.

Maybe the Dark Lord could write his story up until the completion of the fourth album.

Who gave him that title, Dark Lord anyhow? Doing hard drugs and being a slut while involved in the occult doesn't make one a dark lord. It makes one stupid.

But despite the fact he's stupid, you'd rather hear more music by him? OK . . . :unsure:

Actually, what IS a good point is that writing a book takes a LOT of time, so if he's going to produce musically, he's not going to have much time for writing as well, assuming he can write (I don't mean literally, I mean well enough to produce a book). Most celebs use a ghostwriter. Clapton seems to have been one of the recent exceptions.

But despite the fact he's stupid, you'd rather hear more music by him? OK . . . :unsure:

Actually, what IS a good point is that writing a book takes a LOT of time, so if he's going to produce musically, he's not going to have much time for writing as well, assuming he can write (I don't mean literally, I mean well enough to produce a book). Most celebs use a ghostwriter. Clapton seems to have been one of the recent exceptions.

I said it was stupid to think the real thing "magic" involved that type of behaviour.

That is the oldest trap in existence. In reality, purity is needed for magic and I'm not talking being or screwing a virgin, lol.

And that was a general statement, not directed at him specifically.

I was wondering how he got the title Dark Lord..

And YEAH, I want a lot more music.

btw, once stupid doesn't necessarily mean aways stupid, does it? :)

Most celebs use a voice recorder off their MP3 player and download their voice "notes" to PC for a typist. So Jimmy needn't worry about writing or typing. He can sit back in the garden with a can of Newcastle Ale and just talk away. (but stay away from those slippery stepping stones!) :D

(ps-I read Eric's book and it was all over the map. He really could have used some [more] help organizing his thoughts.)

Who gave him that title, Dark Lord anyhow? Doing hard drugs and being a slut while involved in the occult doesn't make one a dark lord. It makes one stupid.

David Coverdale called him 'his royal darkness,' in one of their interviews together, with Jimmy right there all in black (looking gorgeous as usual).

Most celebs use a voice recorder off their MP3 player and download their voice "notes" to PC for a typist. So Jimmy needn't worry about writing or typing. He can sit back in the garden with a can of Newcastle Ale and just talk away. (but stay away from those slippery stepping stones!) :D

(ps-I read Eric's book and it was all over the map. He really could have used some [more] help organizing his thoughts.)

Yes, but once the notes have been typed, they need a ghostwriter to whip them into shape as a book. Just the artist's stream of consciousness isn't going to cut it! As Clapton's proves :D --though I didn't think it was that bad, once he got past the early-years part. But it could certainly have used a better editor, if not an actual ghostwriter.

What about keeping the Jimmy Page mystique going? I'd love to hear from Pagey himself about his family and childhood, musical development and interest in the occult though. Maybe he could do like Sting and write his life story up until a certain point. Sting's memoir ended just as The Police were becoming successful.

Maybe the Dark Lord could write his story up until the completion of the fourth album.

Me too.I think it's about time he should tell about himself.

Moreover I would like to hear from himself about the relationship between Jimmy and Charlotte Martin . Though he might want to conceal it through all eternity because it was most important female relationship for him. On the other hand I don't need any tales of his relations with groupies who Jimmy called 'bimbos'. It is expected that he will not write about them perhaps.

Though I voted on this Yes write one now please!,I personally think it's interesting that Scarlet Page will write his father's story from his child's side.

She was only child of Jimmy's Zep era. She is sure to have the memory from middle of the 70's.

• 1 month later...

I've just read Mick Wall's book and I'm still undecided as to wether i liked it or not! The reason I'd like Jimmy to write his is mainly at the end of the book Wall seemed to come down heavily in Robert's favour ie with his musical successes and getting his life together etc, and left the reader thinking that Jimmy was a bit of a bitter-loser-ex-junkie who had no purpose in life! It doesnt mention the fact that Jimmy has continued to work musically out of the limelight and that he does an awful lot of work for the street children of Brazil amongst other things. And that he now has a beautiful wife and some more children and that his daughter Scarlett is an accomplished professional photographer and that he has pulled himself back from a terrible addiction and is a mature and extremely talented guy. Not the wistful desolate failure of a wizard the book makes him out to be. I'm not denying Roberts talent and success....I've loved all the lads for 35 years, I just think the book is biased and the detail really tailed off in the last couple of chapters. :unsure:

• 2 months later...

Personally, I'd love to see him do an autobiography. It would not have to be a tell all for me to enjoy it and I feel he's classy enough not to do one that was.

I am just a "bit" unsure, but Mostly, I Don't believe in writing autobiography,for anyone...

For Jimmy Page, to seal his life in between chapters, which eventually will collect dust on book shelves, may not be a good idea...It is better, if others write about him/Led Zeppelin (both pro/con)...Let audience explore his life and Led Zeppelin, truly, a testimonial to his life, which itself explored music, art, culture in another time,

BUT, If Jimmy Page wants to write a book about the culture/music of his time, I would love to read that....(and I wish he would)

:) :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright. This is my take on if Jimmy should write his "autobiography". Yes, I think he should and I would love to buy and read it. Do I think it will ever happen in his or my lifetime? NO!

Most of us know that Jimmy Page is an "enigma", and perhaps the greatest "guitarist, producer, songwriter, archivist, showman and all around talented musician of all-time. I think he knows that he is too.

If there ever was (is) a book written about Mr. Jimmy Page, by Mr. Jimmy Page, then I would want Mr. Jimmy Page to cover all his "story". I am talking about everything. His Early years, the Session works, the Yardbirds, Led Zeppelin, the Occult, Aleister Crowley, the Drugs, the Groupies, the making of the Albums, the Tours, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, John Bonham, Peter Grant, Richard Cole, the Roadies, Everything, ETC...(and I would want to read EVERYTHING).

Like I already said, that would be the complete and definitive autobiography. I would imagine a book like that (if honest and truthful) would run over a 1000 pages. Again, do I think Mr. Page would and could undertake such a monumental task, I sadly do not think so. I personally do not think that Jimmy Page, the Man and the Legend, would want to reveal so much just for the sake of writing a book. If I am wrong and he ever cares to write one, then I know that I would be one of the very first to stand in line and buy it the day it is released.

To answer a previous question: Pamela Des Barres referred to Jimmy as "the Dark Lord himself" in her charming and witty autobiography, I'm With the Band. I took it as an ironic but affectionate reference to the lyric in the Battle of the Evermore ("the Dark Lord rides in force tonight..."), as well as Jimmy's occult interests - possibly his smoldering dark beauty as well. Ahem. Carry on.

To answer a previous question: Pamela Des Barres referred to Jimmy as "the Dark Lord himself" in her charming and witty autobiography, I'm With the Band. I took it as an ironic but affectionate reference to the lyric in the Battle of the Evermore ("the Dark Lord rides in force tonight..."), as well as Jimmy's occult interests - possibly his smoldering dark beauty as well. Ahem. Carry on.

Then the "prince of peace" would be Robert, hence Neal Preston called him so because of the dove pictures. :D

A man as fantastic as he must have very much for reporting...

If he does an autobiography... I'm sure that I'll read it, it would be simply the history of the king's life... the master Jimmy Page

a masterpiece

I also expected Jimmy would write an autobiography before,but now I think he probably will never do it.Recently I come in touch with some people of ex-staffs of Swan Song etc via some SNS.

I'm sure Jimmy doesn't want to reveal his personal life even now.

Because he really does love people who relate to his personal life and wants to protect them.

Ex-wives,children,intimate friends and so on.For example I hear he still gets along with Charlotte Martin very well and they lunch together often. I guess he also often meets Jimena and children.

Mick Wall was banned from Jimmy's inner circle by having written Zep biography book.

(I personally like his book though). The person who cannot permit the intimate journalist to write the book about him doesn't seem to write the autobiography book.

And the book that doesn't talk about his personal life cannot be called the autobiography.

IMO,we might only have to enjoy his music and the image of Dark Lord(lol) that he was acting in front of fans,groupies and some journalist etc. ;)

Archived