Is now the time for Jimmy to write his autobiography?

zeptangerine

Jimmy's autobiography: now or when, what or who?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jimmy write an autobiography? If so, who or what would you like to see him write about?

• Yes write one now please!
    • No thanks, I'd rather not know anymore about him.
    • Let his kids write a tell-all book when he's gone.

I also expected Jimmy would write an autobiography before,but now I think he probably will never do it.Recently I come in touch with some people of ex-staffs of Swan Song etc via some SNS.

I'm sure Jimmy doesn't want to reveal his personal life even now.

Because he really does love people who relate to his personal life and wants to protect them.

Ex-wives,children,intimate friends and so on.For example I hear he still gets along with Charlotte Martin very well and they lunch together often. I guess he also often meets Jimena and children.

Mick Wall was banned from Jimmy's inner circle by having written Zep biography book.

(I personally like his book though). The person who cannot permit the intimate journalist to write the book about him doesn't seem to write the autobiography book.

And the book that doesn't talk about his personal life cannot be called the autobiography.

IMO,we might only have to enjoy his music and the image of Dark Lord(lol) that he was acting in front of fans,groupies and some journalist etc. ;)

"Acting" is the wrong word, really. It's just outer side which outer worLd knows. It's different how your boyfriend/gf knows you from a acquainted. Reaaally.

An interesting point is I never thought Jimmy Page as a "dark lord". I may use it as a nickname, make a bit fun of it. And as far as I know, a lot of fans, groupies and journalists don't buy the "dark lord image", either.

To the topic: I don't think Jimmy will ever write an autobiography.

Though this might come off from the topic a little...

I don't know real details about Jimmy's interests in occult.

I am not interested in an unreal matter. (I personally love to read mystery and occult novels, but as just entertainment) But it doesn't mean that I deny fantasies that some fans like at all.

In fact,Robert Plant really had said in interview (in the middle of the 80's) that ''Jimmy felt pleasure in his paradoxical image. It is his freedom that leaves it no matter what people say about it.

He likes Cricket games better than occult in reality. Though it's not I should say.....''

I personally think that Jimmy and his band excelled very much in the image strategy in the pop music world. The general public like (the stories of) dissoluteness better than cleanness.

In the 70's I heard they mimicked the means of advertisement of Nazis but I don't know if it's true.

Though he might have partly spent the days of debauchery in the 70's it was not only him and it was(is) not only the R&R world.

Up to the present I do not think that he will speak truly through all eternity.(of course, there is a possibility that he will change his mind, too).And some people who really know him too (at least while he lives).

It seems Jimmy doesn't want any people to know real him excluding his families,intimate friends and maybe relatives.

There are some fans who enjoy his Dark Lord image and some fans who want to know the reality about him(like me). Of course both of these two-type fans are his fans,I think.

Then there are those who have studied the philosophies behind his "Dark Lord" image, and those who want to study where his children live. Which is creepier?

Ev, while I don't buy the "dark lord" imagine, I totally believe Jimmy's interest in occult is sincere. Like you said, those are "philosophies", and Jimmy's life is heavily influenced by them. When people turned them into satan worship, supernatural power etc etc it becomes silly.

And I'd admit I have read a lot about his family, his women and children. But those are things already on the internet. I will never "actively" dig into his private life, that's all.

An interesting point is I never thought Jimmy Page as a "dark lord". I may use it as a nickname, make a bit fun of it. And as far as I know, a lot of fans, groupies and journalists don't buy the "dark lord image", either.

To the topic: I don't think Jimmy will ever write an autobiography.

Ross even calls him a 'dark lord' on his diary in connection with the new Guitar Aficiando magazine where he called a 'dark knight.' And Lucia and I have begun to call him 'his royal darkness,' as David Coverdale refers to him in one of their interviews together.

I do believe Robert's remarks.

Up to now Jimmy has not said anything important in details about his interest in occult.

In 1990 when he came to Japan to promote LZ's box set he clearly said in interview that ''I don't worship the devil at all and I can't understand the behavior of the odd person ''(which means Aleister Crowley!).That made me laugh. :lol:

So I still don't understand his real idea about it.

Ross even calls him a 'dark lord' on his diary in connection with the new Guitar Aficiando magazine where he called a 'dark knight.' And Lucia and I have begun to call him 'his royal darkness,' as David Coverdale refers to him in one of their interviews together.

Yes,I think Ross really understands Jimmy well(or he knows Jimmy's intention).

He is not only a photographer but also a main member of Jimmy's inner circle now,I guess.

In addition,he is a good friend of Charlotte too.

Though these facts might make someone get irritated again.... ;)

HE'LL NEVER DO IT!! Many secrets about his life will go with him to his grave, as he has said. But it would be nice if maybe he just wrote a book regarding the genesis for the ideas and building of his songs.

I don't think he will ever write it, unless he's done it already and left it to be published after his death. He knows that a lot of his appeal is based on the mystery surrounding his life. I myself have no interest in the excesses that he or other famous artists have indulged in - this is not a new story. I don't think he or anyone else can explain the thread of genius that runs through his life. That is what makes him so fascinating. Isn't his interest in the occult just another facet of this search for self knowledge?

Sorry if this is silly or repetitive - I've been drinking too much as usual.

Up to now Jimmy has not said anything important in details about his interest in occult.

He hasn't?

I won't trot it out here yet again, but it's been well documented elsewhere on this forum. But like all hidden knowledge, I guess you'll have to dig for it.

Kidding. I just don't want to change this thread into THAT thread! ;)

He hasn't?

I won't trot it out here yet again, but it's been well documented elsewhere on this forum. But like all hidden knowledge, I guess you'll have to dig for it.

Kidding. I just don't want to change this thread into THAT thread! ;)

Evster2012,I personally like you as you were kind to me in the thread of ''Hot pics of Jimmy'' before.(as I recall, where did that thread go?)

I respect that you are always making an effort to normalize the thread. :)

Back to the topic:

Though it becomes a repetition,I wish Jimmy to write his own book after all.

If it is only about the music (& the guitar), he will might write it someday in the near future.

I do believe Robert's remarks.

In 1990 when he came to Japan to promote LZ's box set he clearly said in interview that ''I don't worship the devil at all and I can't understand the behavior of the odd person ''(which means Aleister Crowley!).That made me laugh. :lol:

So I still don't understand his real idea about it.

Yes,I think Ross really understands Jimmy well(or he knows Jimmy's intention).

He is not only a photographer but also a main member of Jimmy's inner circle now,I guess.

In addition,he is a good friend of Charlotte too.

Though these facts might make someone get irritated again.... ;)

From what I have read, Jimmy certainly did know about that "odd person" (Aleister Crowley). The reason I say that is because I have read where Jimmy says, "Although I don't agree with everything he said, he was a visionary. I don't particularly want to go into it because it's a personal thing and isn't in relation to anything I do as a musician, apart from that I've employed his system in my own day to day life".

I myself Love Mr. Jimmy Page. He is my favorite musician of all-time. However, I cannot even deny that he was (is) into the eccentrics and lifestyle of Aleister Crowley. Whatever one chooses to read or believe about Aleister Crowley, I am convinced that Jimmy Page was at one time so intereseted in this "Occultist" that he did personally "employ his system in his day to day lifestyle.

1. Why would Jimmy Page buy Boleskine House on the shores of Loch Ness? A residence that Crowley once owned?

2. Why was Jimmy Page once the "foremost collector" or Aleister Crowley "artifacts". Which included: robes, hats, canes, tarot decks, books, manuscripts, etc..

3. Why would Jimmy be shown in "the Song Remains the Same" climbing a mountain (near Boleskine House)? Crowley was a known "mountaineer" (rock climber) back in his day.

4. Why would Jimmy own and finance an Occult bookstore in London in the 1970's named the "Equinox"? The name being from a collection of writings of a magazine published by Aleister Crowley?

I could keep going on and on but I think that this is already strong proof that Jimmy Page was at one time a very interested and avid follower of Aleister Crowley. If I happen to be wrong or "misguided" please feel free to let me know how or why you think so.

From what I have read, Jimmy certainly did know about that "odd person" (Aleister Crowley). The reason I say that is because I have read where Jimmy says, "Although I don't agree with everything he said, he was a visionary. I don't particularly want to go into it because it's a personal thing and isn't in relation to anything I do as a musician, apart from that I've employed his system in my own day to day life".

I myself Love Mr. Jimmy Page. He is my favorite musician of all-time. However, I cannot even deny that he was (is) into the eccentrics and lifestyle of Aleister Crowley. Whatever one chooses to read or believe about Aleister Crowley, I am convinced that Jimmy Page was at one time so intereseted in this "Occultist" that he did personally "employ his system in his day to day lifestyle.

1. Why would Jimmy Page buy Boleskine House on the shores of Loch Ness? A residence that Crowley once owned?

2. Why was Jimmy Page once the "foremost collector" or Aleister Crowley "artifacts". Which included: robes, hats, canes, tarot decks, books, manuscripts, etc..

3. Why would Jimmy be shown in "the Song Remains the Same" climbing a mountain (near Boleskine House)? Crowley was a known "mountaineer" (rock climber) back in his day.

4. Why would Jimmy own and finance an Occult bookstore in London in the 1970's named the "Equinox"? The name being from a collection of writings of a magazine published by Aleister Crowley?

I could keep going on and on but I think that this is already strong proof that Jimmy Page was at one time a very interested and avid follower of Aleister Crowley. If I happen to be wrong or "misguided" please feel free to let me know how or why you think so.

Perhaps Jimmy Page was subconsciously acting as a medium and channelling Aleister Crowley without realizing it. It is possible that Crowley still tries to exert his influence in this world, especially if his soul is not entirely at rest.

Perhaps Jimmy Page was subconsciously acting as a medium and channelling Aleister Crowley without realizing it. It is possible that Crowley still tries to exert his influence in this world, especially if his soul is not entirely at rest.

To be honest, I do not know if you are being serious or just kidding about your post. If you are(were) being serious, I think that might be a little stretch, but I would not completely downplay such "theories". If you were just kidding and playing, then I think that you should consider re-familiarizing yourself with such works and quotes of Jimmy Page. When I say this, believe me, I do not mean this in any way that is meant to be disrespectful. I just happen to believe what I read when what I quoted earlier the words that have come out of Jimmy Pages's mouth (even if these words he said without conviction happened 30 or so years ago).

To be honest, I do not know if you are being serious or just kidding about your post. If you are(were) being serious, I think that might be a little stretch, but I would not completely downplay such "theories". If you were just kidding and playing, then I think that you should consider re-familiarizing yourself with such works and quotes of Jimmy Page. When I say this, believe me, I do not mean this in any way that is meant to be disrespectful. I just happen to believe what I read when what I quoted earlier the words that have come out of Jimmy Pages's mouth (even if these words he said without conviction happened 30 or so years ago).

I'm being serious, but I do not really know what Jimmy Page's connection to the occult is. However, if he is the type of person who is disposed to act as a medium, then he may have inadvertantly channelled Crowley.

As I recall, Led Zeppelin also recorded at a haunted location. Was it Headley Grange? Again, they may inadvertantly have channelled some of the energy of those who haunted the place through their music.

I'm being serious, but I do not really know what Jimmy Page's connection to the occult is. However, if he is the type of person who is disposed to act as a medium, then he may have inadvertantly channelled Crowley.

As I recall, Led Zeppelin also recorded at a haunted location. Was it Headley Grange? Again, they may inadvertantly have channelled some of the energy of those who haunted the place through their music.

I myself do not really "know" what Jimmy Page's connection to the occult really is either. Like I said earlier, I am just going on what I know I have read about what he has said in the numerous books that I have read.

To make myself perfectly clear: I have nothing to gain by what I have mentioned. I just know what I have read in the past. I know that people change their ways over time. It is extremely possible that Jimmy Page is one of them. Like I said, regardless, of the past (or present) thoughts of Jimmy Page, He is still the greatest Guitarist, Songwriter, Producer, Showman, Archivist, and Best Musician of All-Time.

The band's connections to Crowley were quite conscious and deliberate.

It's a bit late for me now. I should be off to bed. Please send me a reminder via PM and I'll address your questions one by one with all honesty. My intent is not to dispel but rather to enlighten. But I'm friggin tired at the moment! :beer:

Okay you've hooked me! The answer to all your questions is quite simple. Page was/is a studier of Crowley. He is/was a Thelemite and a Knight of the Order of Thelema. The fundamental principle of Thelema is to follow your will in harmony with all others. To find what is your true path while being in accord with everyone else's. No babies were sacrificed, nor virgins (though some may have been taken in pure rock and roll debauchery). It is a peaceful (though pagan) religion/philosophy of harmony and accord. Mostly based on Egyptian philosophies, it does of course burn the stomachs of Christians. But that doesn't make it in any way inherently evil (unless you subscribe to Christian dogma, where anything but the WORD leads to hell).

So to put matters straight. Jimmy bought Crowley's books, his house, his robes, et al. He bought in essence his philosophy and wished to preserve it.

Now, did he do it because he was truly passionate about it, or did he do it to create mystique? That I cannot answer. All I can say is he went pretty deep for a poser! I believe he meant it.

*edit to add* I changed "follower" to "studier". I'd use "adherent" but it just doesn't quite fit. "Archivist" would be better.

Archived