Foo Fighters Wembley show with Led Zeppelin coming to DVD

The Pagemeister

Foo Fighters Wembley show with Led Zeppelin coming to DVD

Foos%20with%20Page%20and%20Jones-200-80.jpg

It was one of those you-had-to-be-there gigs - The Foo Fighters playing Wembley Stadium this past June when they were joined by Led Zeppelin members Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones.

And now, thanks to a DVD coming in August, you can almost feel like you were there.

The surprise appearance by Page and Jones culminated two scalding nights of rock 'n' roll by the Foo Fighters at London's famed stadium on June 6 and 7. The DVD, titled Foo Fighters: Live at Wembley Stadium, features 18 songs from both nights, and includes the Zeppelin tracks Rock And Roll and Ramble On, which were played on the final night.

The appearance by Page and Jones - a total shock to the 80,000-plus attendees - marked their first live performance since the infamous Led Zeppelin reunion in London last December, and has (of course) fueled rampant rumors of more shows to come.

Foos' frontman David Grohl, visibly overwhelmed after finishing the two-song collaboration with Page and Jones, declared to the crowd, "Welcome to the greatest day of my whole entire life!"

I'd like to see this very much, of course, but a. it wasn't a show with Led Zeppelin but with two of its members, and b. what do they think was "infamous" about the O2 show, or is this just poor word choice?

Probably the fact that the guy who wrote it wasn't there. ;):DB)

It might be worth it to get this DVD.

The Foo Fighters are pretty awesome live.

Also, Youtube is good, but it doesn't have 5.1 surround sound... :mellow:

I will definitely be getting this DVD. I do like a lot of the Foo Fighters music, and obviously want to get a better view (and sound quality) of Jimmy & JPJ in action :)

That was pretty good - certainly unexpected, obviously on DVD we'll get to hear how it really sounded (those youtube videos had pretty bad sound), not perfect of course - I'm sure it was beautiful actually being there.

Hmmm...how do I say this...ah yes... thanks but... no thanks.

B)

I'm a moderate Foo Fighters fan and a HUGE Led Zeppelin fan. I know most of the Foo Fighters songs on the set list. So I'll take this band crossover moment to soak in their live act AND get a look at my favourite 2 guys that were there that night.

Archived