Drummers who sing

JethroTull

I had a conversation with a friend recently about drummers who sing, and I could only think of a couple. I would have to go with Don Henley:

(this one for the drumming)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pmnX4wHMFM

and:

(this one for the singing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmbJFIhs2lk

Edited by Virginia

JASON!! :cheer:

He's duetted twice with Deborah, he does a lot of backing vocals (you can here him on When Daylight Goes To Town ~ UFO) and somewhere there is recording of him singing Babe I'm Gonna Leave You with Bonham. He also did the "I can't quit you babe.." teaser at the O2. I love Jason's singing, he has a very soulful voice.

Edited by MissHoneydripper

Out of those listed so far I would have to agree Levon is the Man.

I also like Don Brewer from Grand Funk Railroad---- Were an American Band

Don Brewer is one hell of a drummer ! I didn't realize that he was the vocalist on that song.

A drummer who can sing, Gil Moore ( I think that's his name) from Triumph. I had an album of theirs w/ 'Spellbound' that he sang on. Cheesy as they were, I quite liked them.

Cheesy?

I thought they were great. Triumph's only problem is that everybody compared them to a certain other Canadian trio, when in retrospect, they're very different indeed. Triumph, for one, was more of a stomping rock band, where as Rush is, well you know, Rush. Well, I take some of that back. Both bass players doubled on keyboards, but so did JPJ. I like both groups, but Rik Emmett has one of the finest voices and plays one hell of a guitar. Certainly sings better than Geddy imo.

Gil Moore is an underrated drummer. But then again, when you're compared to you know who :D