Ticket lottery question, curiosity, coincidence?

(the one accessed from this site before it was up and running)BEFORE the drawing took place, and we both were drawn in the second round(??) of tickets on about Oct 22nd. ALL of my friends, family, co-workers(hundreds really) who tried were not on the mailing list, and all of his friends the same- yet we both got drawn. This concert seems to be fan driven... (Which is awesome!) It is most likely just random, but I have heard the same from one other lucky soul with a pair.... Anyone else with similar results?? Everyone enjoy the show!!!

i see what you are saying, and i am not saying that they favored anyone, incidently- my friend signed up at the moment he enrolled for the Ahmet E. lottery at the end of september. the sites were linked together in fact. I am just saying they wanted the tickets in the hands of the fans according to what i read, and maybe they accessed that list in the second round etc..... and of course either way it is still pure luck i (anyone) got drawn. I have seen all 4 of the guys in concert before, but of course never together!! It is a complete blessing to me and I wish everyone could go! Believe me! I have dozens of friends who cannot go....

I hate that for you Melissa! :( It really seemed as though it was an influence- but i am sure there are lots of folks on that list too.... My brother got my extra....

You are so sweet! Hey, but it sounds like overall it may have worked! PLEASE give us every detail here, even your pre and post show observations! I cannot imagine how exciting it will be to be in the company of all the crazed Zep fans in London, just soaking up the vibe! It will be the night of your life!

Well that is the one beauty of the internet!! It joins us for things like this, and you can bet there will be a million accounts and pic's etc from the show. If it truly is a one off... which in a purist way I hope it is... it will be probably the most documented show ever! And IMO with the all the inevitable illegal capturing of this show- and all the bootleg issues that aready exist, they will make this show availiable to everyone! Lets hope so!

Well that is the one beauty of the internet!! It joins us for things like this, and you can bet there will be a million accounts and pic's etc from the show. If it truly is a one off... which in a purist way I hope it is... it will be probably the most documented show ever! And IMO with the all the inevitable illegal capturing of this show- and all the bootleg issues that aready exist, they will make this show availiable to everyone! Lets hope so!

Well, I've already seen at least one post stating JASON is every bit the drummer that JOHN was so you know we'll see plenty of "best Led Zeppelin concert ever" posts.

<_<

So I guess one has to be internet savvy to be a big Zeppelin fan? that is not quite fair in my opinion. I have been a devoted fan since late 60s but never knew about these websites.

Dude, no offense, but if you aren't internet savvy in 2007, well....I guess it'd be like not having a TV in hour house by 1976.

Not trying to offend you in any way.

I wasn't on the mailing list until AFTER I won my first round ticket code, so I think your theory is just that.

i absolutely wouldnt say that jason is as good as his dad, and i am very sure it wont be the greatest led zeppelin concert ever, and of course it wont be truly be a led zeppelin concert in many ways. And you are 100% right, there will be posts EXCATLY as you describe!! I am a fan of Jason B. I have heard him at a tiny drum clinic years ago in front of 50 people, and in concert w/page too. I just know he can, and with conviction. And sure the 2 mini-gigs they have done since haven't "tarnished" their reputation or legacy etc. But they did play those gigs, and since they did- and because they were... say... sub-par to be polite.. FOR ME is the one true chance for them to really rock it, just one time under the lights with Jason behind them- all their fans behind them. Plant saids they need it, its for the right reasons, i hope it is just ONE time, and i hope it is beautiful. Everyone enjoy the show!

[i wasn't on the mailing list until AFTER I won my first round ticket code, so I think your theory is just that.]

Maybe so yeah, i meant more about the 2nd and 3rd rounds... since there were some major adjustments to the policy. But who knows....

You know what's funny. I am internet savvy. Very. And yet it didn't occur to me to join an LZ mailing list. In fact, rock music in general I haven't been listening to at great length for some years as I used to play guitar, was in a band and stuff, but didn't see where you could bring out a new guitar based record that would stack up to the old greats. These days I listen to electronic dance music mostly, and do a bit of production and mixing. Thing is, I wouldn't say that means I'm any less of a Zeppelin fan.

As far as I'm concerned they are the best band there's ever been, and if asked, I still say this, even though these days I'm ore likely to buy the latest Digweed mix than I am likely to buy a rock album. LZ had a fairly long career spanning all those albums, and yet the quality never dropped. Consistency. They have such a quality and varying back catalogue it's nuts. But because rock music isn't what I listen to these days has meant I don't keep up to date. I found out about the LZ ballot quite late in the day. Can someone point me to where the LZ mailing list registration is now so that I can register, in the event that there are some more gigs? I don't want to miss out next time (if there is a next time...)

Dude, no offense, but if you aren't internet savvy in 2007, well....I guess it'd be like not having a TV in hour house by 1976.

Not trying to offend you in any way.

I wasn't on the mailing list until AFTER I won my first round ticket code, so I think your theory is just that.

I did not own a TV until last year, ha ha ha ha....... well from 1992 to 2006 I didn't anyway. And I missed it so much I didn't even connect an aerial and just watch DVDs on it, now what does that tell ya about broadcasting quality control, hmmmmmmmmm.

Indi.

Archived