Plant Krauss to record follow-up to Raising Sand

chunga

Awesome!!! What channel is that coming on?

I mean I still have a clipping from the June 1969 Playboy and I'll quote it right here:

"Zeppelin,the much-heralded new group from Britain,has a fine guitarist in Jimmy Page,but the compositions are musically vacuous and singer Robert Plant tries too hard to sound black" :o

:lol: Maybe Robert found that to be a compliment!

If he ever discovers Paula Deen's cooking we'll never hear the end of it.

I met Paula at the Fancy Food Show in NYC a few weeks ago. She's as down to earth as she is on TV. Ina Gartner (Barefoot Contessa) was there too, who was quite nice as well, but a lot of people around her.

Krauss confirmed in an article in Variety that it would happen, "rather soon, after the fall gigs." That means it will probably be a second quarter release in 2009, with promotional duties to follow and probably another tour.

I remember hearing about making a second album as well. Just after Raising Sand was released I believe Robert said they were to start recording the follow up in January of this year. Can anyone else confirm this? If this was true why did they wait when there was ample time between the beginning of the year and until the tour started back in April?

I remember hearing about making a second album as well. Just after Raising Sand was released I believe Robert said they were to start recording the follow up in January of this year. Can anyone else confirm this? If this was true why did they wait when there was ample time between the beginning of the year and until the tour started back in April?

I think in a tv interview Robert mentioned something about T Bone wanting to begin recording in January (of this year). Why it didn't happen I don't know. Maybe they had other plans (vacations etc.) or they wanted to wait and see how things went on the road.

Krauss confirmed in an article in Variety that it would happen, "rather soon, after the fall gigs." That means it will probably be a second quarter release in 2009, with promotional duties to follow and probably another tour.

That's great!!! I enjoyed Raising Sand; the follow up should be quite interesting-will it be in the same vein as RS...covering songs, original collaborations or a combo of both? I hope they record the "Boy Who Hoed Corn". I thought Robert did an excellent job on that tune....if I'm not mistaken, that's an Alison Krause song isn't it?

How does this derail a Zeppelin tour that most likely wasn't going to happen anytime soon? B)

Jimmy said that Robert had "prior commitments" with AK through the fall, not an open-ended partnership well into 2009. Heavily implicated was that Robert would at least consider Zep activity this coming fall when the tour was over, NOT rush back into the studio with AK without a gap.

Considering that Jimmy and JPJ both had solo projects in the works, the fact that neither of them have apparently done anything to further them in the 8 months since the O2 show makes it seem as though they were intentionally leaving their schedule free for Robert, which is apparently going to gio down as a waste of their time.

Jimmy said that Robert had "prior commitments" with AK through the fall, not an open-ended partnership well into 2009. Heavily implicated was that Robert would at least consider Zep activity this coming fall when the tour was over, NOT rush back into the studio with AK without a gap.

Considering that Jimmy and JPJ both had solo projects in the works, the fact that neither of them have apparently done anything to further them in the 8 months since the O2 show makes it seem as though they were intentionally leaving their schedule free for Robert, which is apparently going to gio down as a waste of their time.

Heavily implicated? Exactly how? By saying nothing of the sort at all?

The only place it was implicated was in the minds of certain Zeppeln fans - who will then slate Robert for not living up to their expectations. :rolleyes:

That's great!!! I enjoyed Raising Sand; the follow up should be quite interesting-will it be in the same vein as RS...covering songs, original collaborations or a combo of both? I hope they record the "Boy Who Hoed Corn". I thought Robert did an excellent job on that tune....if I'm not mistaken, that's an Alison Krause song isn't it?

I don't know if she recorded it, but on Crossroads Robert talks about how it's probably missing verses an has changed through the years. I think it's been around for quite some time.

I believe T-Bone has said that if they continue with a 2nd album it wouldn't have to interfere with any other project Robert wanted to be involved with implying a Zeppelin tour, which he seemed to be quite keen for. At this point, it doesn't seem likely but I don't think we can blame Alison and T-bone if it doesn't happen.

In fact, although I loved the O2 show and would see them again in a heartbeat, Led Zep is from another era that can't be brought back: the late 60s/70s. In other words, I'm not sure a world tour would be the time machine that many fans are hoping for. I believe Robert understands this. Afterall, the original music, although timeless, is the music of youth and rebellion (against social norms, etc). Sometimes, as you get older, the nostalgia thing begins to wear a bit thin. Novelty becomes far more important, particulary for personal growth.

Let me get this straight:Robert has plans to record a follow-up to Raising Sand,and that is somehow derailing a Led Zeppelin* reunion which may or may not-most likely not-take place?

So;in effect,Robert is being blamed?

This is fucking hilarious on so many levels;it's almost beyond comprehension....

I find it funny that Jimmy basically gets a free pass,and can do no wrong,and Robert is the one catching hell....

What makes this whole thing even funnier is that Jimmy gets a free pass in regards to his uh, "relationships",and Robert is the one villified for something as petty as this.

...and I used to wonder how O.J. got acquitted....

I think Allison Krauss and Page should do something together. That would be great, with some of Page's softer, folk-ier guitar work a la Led Zeppelin III. I would love to see that.

On the other hand, I would love to go see Allison open for Led Zeppelin, although I think a lot of the LedHeads that are more inclined to heavy metal and hard rock standards might not appreciate that.

or mabye a Page/Krauss or Page/Plant/Krauss or Page/Jones/Krauss album.

Come to think of it, I would love to see JPJ get into that, especially with his skills on mandolin-type instruments.

Zeppelin with a female singer! :o But could it actually happen?? Hmmm . . . .

no, it wouldn't be Zeppelin. I was saying I would love for them to get together like that. It'd be great, but I still wouldn't call it Zeppelin. I'd love to hear them do something like you'd hear on Led Zeppelin III. I could imagine Allison singing That's The Way or Tangerine

Let me get this straight:Robert has plans to record a follow-up to Raising Sand,and that is somehow derailing a Led Zeppelin* reunion which may or may not-most likely not-take place?

So;in effect,Robert is being blamed?

This is fucking hilarious on so many levels;it's almost beyond comprehension....

I find it funny that Jimmy basically gets a free pass,and can do no wrong,and Robert is the one catching hell....

What makes this whole thing even funnier is that Jimmy gets a free pass in regards to his uh, "relationships",and Robert is the one villified for something as petty as this.

...and I used to wonder how O.J. got acquitted....

Of course Plant is to blame. He said sang so himself... Nobody's Fault But Mine. :whistling:

I get real tired of the 'blame game'... regardless of who' blames' whom. If it's meant to be, it will happen... when it's time. If not, then it won't. Folks might as well blame God. Meanwhile, I shall enjoy whatever the guys put out, individually or collectively.

Heavily implicated? Exactly how? By saying nothing of the sort at all?

"Prior commitments until the fall" means what it means. It doesn't promise Robert would return. But it doesn't rule it out either. It says his schedule would free up in the fall and presumably another band meeting would take place then. That means as far as Jimmy knew at the time, Robert was going to CONSIDER Zep activity in the fall. Obviously between when he said that, and quite recently, the situation changed, after Jimmy and JPJ had left their schedule open for him for months. I think it's a pretty crappy thing to do to leave them hanging like that.

Robert's decision will likely put the final nails in the coffin whether he remains open to future Zep activity in the farther future or not. Once all three of them get busy again, the planets will never realign.

Zeppeln fans - who will then slate Robert for not living up to their expectations. :rolleyes:

Damn straight.

"Prior commitments until the fall" means what it means. It doesn't promise Robert would return. But it doesn't rule it out either. It says his schedule would free up in the fall and presumably another band meeting would take place then. That means as far as Jimmy knew at the time, Robert was going to CONSIDER Zep activity in the fall. Obviously between when he said that, and quite recently, the situation changed, after Jimmy and JPJ had left their schedule open for him for months. I think it's a pretty crappy thing to do to leave them hanging like that.

Amazing - not only do you read ALL THAT into his comment, you actually feel justified in doing so too!

So when I'm asked if Led Zeppelin will be playing at my birthday party this year, and I say "Robert has commitments that weekend", obviously what I'm actually saying is that they'll appear the following weekend, play a 3-hr set, and I'll be guest vocalist on "Battle of Evermore".

Well that was heavily implied wasn't it??????

Archived