Plant Krauss to record follow-up to Raising Sand

chunga

"Prior commitments until the fall" means what it means. It doesn't promise Robert would return. But it doesn't rule it out either. It says his schedule would free up in the fall and presumably another band meeting would take place then. That means as far as Jimmy knew at the time, Robert was going to CONSIDER Zep activity in the fall. Obviously between when he said that, and quite recently, the situation changed, after Jimmy and JPJ had left their schedule open for him for months. I think it's a pretty crappy thing to do to leave them hanging like that.

Robert's decision will likely put the final nails in the coffin whether he remains open to future Zep activity in the farther future or not. Once all three of them get busy again, the planets will never realign.

...ahem... :whistling:

Jimmy Page to perform at closing ceremony of Beijing Olympics

:chickeddance::oops::chickeddance:

:hysterical:

Forgive me repeating myself, but there might be Robert's people lurking:

Ghost in this House, Robert!!

I also find it funny how many people call this Robert's "venture into bluegrass/country, whatever". I seem to recall country shades in Zeppelin, particularly in their live jams and outtakes/rehearsals. Robert loved Elvis; Jimmy loved James Burton and Scotty Moore; it's really only a small step to arrive where he is now. Rockabilly was all over Robert references and Jimmy's playing with Zeppelin. Take the "rock" out of "rockabilly" and what are you left with? "billy" as in "hillbilly". That's bluegrass baby! So where's the surprize? Sounds more to me that he's found a time and a foil with which to cover a genre he's long loved, but only dabbled in.

^I agree. I'll add that not all the songs are bluegrass. "Sister Rosetta" doesnt sound bluegrass. Its a kinda spooky song that I wouldnt try to put into any genre. It is really good live.

Besides, if someone doesnt like what a particular artist is doing, then, shouldnt they move on and listen to something else? Come back later, when the artist is doing something different. There's a lot of great bands and singers out there. All it takes is an open mind and a willingness to learn something new. :)

I agree. I'll add that not all the songs are bluegrass. "Sister Rosetta" doesnt sound bluegrass. Its a kinda spooky song that I wouldnt try to put into any genre. It is really good live.

I LOVE Sister Rosetta! The melody is DEFINITELY not bluegrass, lol! Probably my fave song of the album. Yeah, haunting and melancholy. It takes you someplace else. Some lonely person sitting in a cafe smoking cigarettes. Paris, Rome, some tiny place with the wallpaper peeling off the walls. Someplace Van Gogh would hang out. An old man with a mule driven cart on a street full of today's traffic. A longing for a simpler time.

What can I say? I have a vivid imagination! :lol:

I LOVE Sister Rosetta! The melody is DEFINITELY not bluegrass, lol! Probably my fave song of the album. Yeah, haunting and melancholy. It takes you someplace else. Some lonely person sitting in a cafe smoking cigarettes. Paris, Rome, some tiny place with the wallpaper peeling off the walls. Someplace Van Gogh would hang out. An old man with a mule driven cart on a street full of today's traffic. A longing for a simpler time.

What can I say? I have a vivid imagination! :lol:

I love your imagination! :D When I hear Sister Rosetta, I get a chill up the back of my neck and I see myself standing alone in the middle of a dance floor, wearing a long dress, waiting, because I know something portentous is about to happen.

I love your imagination! :D When I hear Sister Rosetta, I get a chill up the back of my neck and I see myself standing alone in the middle of a dance floor, wearing a long dress, waiting, because I know something portentous is about to happen.

Thanks! And I can dig your vision too! B)

Although if you ever catch me out on the dance floor in a dress, call someone quick! :lol:

^^Oh, My eyes man!

Oh great! Another album by these two, and yet another excuse to derail a Zeppelin tour.

These kind of comments really warm my heart and make reading these threads all the more better. All I can say is that even if RP wasn't singing with AK, he still might not want to do a Zeppelin tour. If Jimmy and Jonesy really wanted to be on the road now they would be with someone else singing. Wouldn't be the first time someone sang Zep with Jimmy on guitar. I look at this way, we got a lot more Zep on 12/10/07 than we've received since 7/7/80 and we should just be happy for that. You could argue it was the best Zep since July of '79. These guys' contribution to modern music is immeasurable, and the gimme gimme attitude of some people is a little disheartening.

WAIT, scratch that. I totally had a KISS inspired thought (which is scary)! Jimmy and Jonesy should go on tour with Jason and Robert's son, Logan. It'd be Led Zeppelin v.1.5, and when the two elder statesmen decide to hang it up, 2 new people come in to replace them. There's gotta be two musicians in the Baldwin/Page gene pool that can step up. Zeppelin can go on forever. We know Jason's son can hit the skins, he did a little solo at the O2 rehearsal the day before the show. Man, that would be awesome! Not really.

If RP/AK do another album I'm fine with it. Based on the success of the first one, I'd be surprised if they didn't.

[quote name='3hrsoflunacy' date='Aug 16 .

WAIT, scratch that. I totally had a KISS inspired thought (which is scary)! Jimmy and Jonesy should go on tour with Jason and Robert's son, Logan. It'd be Led Zeppelin v.1.5, and when the two elder statesmen decide to hang it up, 2 new people come in to replace them. There's gotta be two musicians in the Baldwin/Page gene pool that can step up. Zeppelin can go on forever. We know Jason's son can hit the skins, he did a little solo at the O2 rehearsal the day before the show. Man, that would be awesome! Not really.

If RP/AK do another album I'm fine with it. Based on the success of the first one, I'd be surprised if they didn't.

This type of project should be left alone with one album and tour. Let it lie.....Move on to strange sesation.....Robert doesn't have the kahonas to to kick up Zep again....He will dissapoint and not live up to the musicianship of Page and Jones.....Robert is too old to sing the Zep Stuff......Go back to Strange Sensation and play with yourself!

:blahblah:

Robert bashing is so boring

Now, go away and play with yourself

This type of project should be left alone with one album and tour. Let it lie.....Move on to strange sesation.....Robert doesn't have the kahonas to to kick up Zep again....He will dissapoint and not live up to the musicianship of Page and Jones.....Robert is too old to sing the Zep Stuff......Go back to Strange Sensation and play with yourself!

:coffee:

If you start seeing yourself standing alone in the middle of a dance floor, wearing a long dress,then maybe its time you started listening to the ARCTIC MONKEYS "I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor", :chickeddance:

If you start seeing yourself standing alone in the middle of a dance floor, wearing a long dress,then maybe its time you started listening to the ARCTIC MONKEYS "I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor", :chickeddance:

Your name isn't Rio, but I don't care for sand

Lighting the fuse might result in a bang

I bet that you look good on the dancefloor

I don't know if you’re looking for romance or...

I don't know what you’re looking for

I bet that you look good on the dancefloor

Dancing to electro-pop like a robot from 1984 Hell no

I wish you'd stop ignoring me, because you're sending me to despair

Without a sound you’re calling me, and I don't think it's very fair

That your shoulders are frozen, cold as the night

Oh you’re an explosion, you’re dynamite Hell yeah

Your name isn't Rio, but I don't care for sand

Lighting the fuse might result in a bang

Oh there int no love no, Montague’s or Capulets

Just banging tunes in DJ sets and

Dirty dancefloors and dreams of naughtiness Maybe...

Just watched the video of this song. I'll stick with Sister Rosetta. :D

So let's see. You say piss on Robert because he won't do it. Then you say he can't pull it off anyway.

So, you hate him for doing what he cannot physically do? That's your logic?

Surely there would at least one, if not dozens of threads about how "Poor old Percy ruined the O2".

Hmmm, can't find one. Not one complaint from one attendee? Everyone left glowing from what I've heard. And having it on DVD myself, I have to agree with them. It was amazing. Sorry.

And the wheels on the bus go round and round....

Archived