Plant Krauss to record follow-up to Raising Sand

chunga

This is wonderful!! Unfortunatley I didn't get to see them when they came to Roanoke in June, but hopefully they will come this way again and I will be able to go. I would love for them to do some more original tunes they've written together, but wouldn't mind a few more covers. Alison's version of "Big Log" which she sang on her brother's album is simply stunning!! I would also like to hear them do another Everly Brothers song "All I Have to do is Dream". Anyways, can't wait to see what the follow-up to Raising Sand has in store for us, should be interesting! :D

:D I first posted " Alison did a Big Log?" :bagoverhead:

Whew! After I typed it I saw how naughty it looked and quickly....while laughing my ass off...changed it to "sang."

*quick...where's that pic of them together at a table where she says " I couldn't believe how BIG it was." ?? *

:hysterical::whistling:

I LOVE Sister Rosetta! The melody is DEFINITELY not bluegrass, lol! Probably my fave song of the album. Yeah, haunting and melancholy. It takes you someplace else.

It takes me to New Orleans for some reason.

:D I first posted " Alison did a Big Log?" :bagoverhead:

Whew! After I typed it I saw how naughty it looked and quickly....while laughing my ass off...changed it to "sang."

*quick...where's that pic of them together at a table where she says " I couldn't believe how BIG it was." ?? *

:hysterical::whistling:

Haha!! You guys are silly!! :D:lol: It is a gorgeous cover version that she did though.

• 4 months later...
wow... I never heard this before. I actually like her version better than Robert's.

It was funny to see Robert mouthing the words in the video and her singing over top of it, LOL!! It would be neat if they sang it together on the new album. :)

It was funny to see Robert mouthing the words in the video and her singing over top of it, LOL!! It would be neat if they sang it together on the new album. :)

I'd love to see them do a duet on "If I were a Carpenter". They both have done the song beautifully.

I initially wondered if the song would end up being done live but I was really happy they did In the Mood/Matty Groves - and a stellar version too!

I agree that was great!

I'd love to see them do a duet on "If I were a Carpenter". They both have done the song beautifully.

I would love to hear that too! I saw Alison do this version with Dwight Yoakam on the Johnny Cash special a few years back. I have also heard Robert doing his version on You Tube. Good stuff! I know I have said before I want them to do more original tunes this time around but I wouldn't mind a couple of covers. :)

Archived