Plant Krauss to record follow-up to Raising Sand

chunga

Did you read the follow-up comment by the same person? :lol:

For heavens sake, it just dawned on me…I wasn’t there this past Friday night. I was there the week before when she came. She was with a good looking younger man named Kent. Kent, if you read this; call me! You were hot! We did the weird little circle 4 couple dance together.

And then there was this comment:

I was the dance caller at that dance with Alison and Robert. My wife Ann Whitley played fiddle, Doug Olsen played guitar and Cindy Olsen played bass in our band called Whistlin Rufus. We were all excited to have them show up at the dance. I especially was somewhat disappointed because I was so busy calling I never got to meet either one and then they were gone after the square dance in the second half of the night. Led Zeppelin and Robert Plant have been my idols since my high school days for 30 years. I still have their music on my ipod today. Is there anyway you could pass this message on to Robert Plant or give me his email? This was pretty exciting.

Hi there Aqua and lol, exactly what I meant ;)

(reids @ Jun 2 2009, 10:14 AM)

Maybe they will be doing an eastern swing album.

(adding arabic/ middle eastern semi-tones and scales to western swing)

R

I'd take a chance to post a quote from an older article:
Robert Plant and Alison Krauss are heading to Los Angeles on February 8th to perform on the 51st Annual Grammy Awards. Joining them onstage will be producer T Bone Burnett and musicians that appeared on their brilliant record Raising Sand, which is up for 5 different awards including Album of the Year and Record of the Year. The trip will mark Plant’s first trip to the Grammy Awards. He says: “I’m looking forward to being in Los Angeles, but musically — and spiritually — I expect we’ll be somewhere halfway between the Mississippi Delta and the Clinch Mountains.
And, here we go, he's in Nashville, as some of us figured out some time ago in another post:
I do like to be helpful, especially for those who might be geographically challenged.

Clinch Mountain is a mountain ridge in the U.S. states of Tennessee and Virginia, lying in the ridge-and-valley section of the Appalachian Mountains. It runs in a general east-northeasterly direction from near Blaine, Tennessee to Garden Mountain near Burke's Garden, Virginia.

Yes Martha, the Mississippi Delta is much further down river, but I wanted to focus in on the part near Memphis and the Clarksdale region, for reference. And I circled the Clinch range near the peak northeast of Knoxville.

Well look what's right in the middle....Nashville ! :lol:

29o6352.jpg

2mmhlz5.jpg

2l8b39z.jpg

I like to provide detail, so there's no ambiguity. Further info will be provided upon request.

It's Kenner, it's FUN !!! :lol:

;)

and pardon me for extensive quoting :blush:

Bonz would have been scrogging Alison and "hitting on the moonshine."

Or things far more tangible :D

C'mon, ladies, let's not fall into the realm of "It's all your fault, Plant" or "it could be...". :D

Archived