Plant Krauss to record follow-up to Raising Sand

chunga

:chickeddance:

This one I've never heard of. I do have a friend who is an eight time national square dancing champion though. Lives in Miami and doesn't speak a word of redneck. I was seeing his sister you see? The idea was dance and play of stand in the corner and look stupid. Hot sweaty girls beats the hell out of a dark corner. I looked silly perhaps, but there was a girl on my arm :D

This one I've never heard of. I do have a friend who is an eight time national square dancing champion though. Lives in Miami and doesn't speak a word of redneck. I was seeing his sister you see? The idea was dance and play of stand in the corner and look stupid. Hot sweaty girls beats the hell out of a dark corner. I looked silly perhaps, but there was a girl on my arm :D

What does redneck have to do with being a square dancing champion? I know plenty of people who are into it from all walks of life. That's really ridiculous stereotyping. :rolleyes:

What does redneck have to do with being a square dancing champion? I know plenty of people who are into it from all walks of life. That's really ridiculous stereotyping. :rolleyes:

Reminds me of a comment a "friend" of mine recently made:

"It must be the South, because I swear since I've moved here, I've become more stupid than my usual self."

Then go the fuck back up North.

I don't believe you've met all the rednecks I have.

1. First you must teach them that stereotyping is not made by Toshiba or Panasonic.

2. Then you must get them from the Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer and white liquor.

Actually they have re coined the word redneck to include imported beer, Keith Urban and Taylor Swift. So they are moving along.

Such is a turtle..

"It must be the South, because I swear since I've moved here, I've become more stupid than my usual self."

Most of the new rednecks are actually from South Of The Border. One stopped me and asked for directions yesterday "Take Interstate 40 until you meet the ocean, then head due south until you cross the border."

These directions work good...

Let me remind you that North Carolina ranks near bottom for educations nationwide. This is one reason there are so many unemployed. They are begging for people to teach basic reading and math here.

This is a fact.....not made up....

I don't believe you've met all the rednecks I have.

1. First you must teach them that stereotyping is not made by Toshiba or Panasonic.

2. Then you must get them from the Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer and white liquor.

Actually they have re coined the word redneck to include imported beer, Keith Urban and Taylor Swift. So they are moving along.

Such is a turtle..

If you're attempting humour in this, I don't find it funny. If you're serious, I find it offensive.

If you're attempting humour in this, I don't find it funny. If you're serious, I find it offensive.

I'm happy I helped you twice then.

Was in Pisgah National Forest HQ yesterday. Bought a couple things. Decide to visit the loo? Here's this bloke works there filling mason jars with something...

"What's up filling them with moonshine" "No, grain alcohol 190, same thing they wont know the difference and I will make my money" "Oh brother!"

This is what we deal with every minute of the day every day of the year 365...

1. That's illegal in more ways than two.

2. He is making visitors think they are getting white lightning and selling it for 20-30 a pint and you can buy this funk in any store for like 11 a gallon.

Absolute idiocy.

Most of the new rednecks are actually from South Of The Border. One stopped me and asked for directions yesterday "Take Interstate 40 until you meet the ocean, then head due south until you cross the border."

These directions work good...

Let me remind you that North Carolina ranks near bottom for educations nationwide. This is one reason there are so many unemployed. They are begging for people to teach basic reading and math here.

This is a fact.....not made up....

Are you familiar with the North Carolina Triangle and the academic reputation of UNC-Chapel Hill (considered to be a public "Ivy League") and Duke University? Are you aware of all the great research coming out of this area? North Carolina has made great strides in education and research.

You know, I promised myself that I was going to quit replying to all the crazy posts that stereotype the Southern US region. But then I realize that many European and Asian fans probably read this board and I want them to have a balanced view.

Different areas of the US have unique cultures. That is no reason to bash certain areas or specific states.

Krauss confirmed in an article in Variety that it would happen, "rather soon, after the fall gigs." That means it will probably be a second quarter release in 2009, with promotional duties to follow and probably another tour.

That's very nice to hear.

Thank you for the update.

Are you familiar with the North Carolina Triangle and the academic reputation of UNC-Chapel Hill (considered to be a public "Ivy League") and Duke University? Are you aware of all the great research coming out of this area? North Carolina has made great strides in education and research.

You know, I promised myself that I was going to quit replying to all the crazy posts that stereotype the Southern US region. But then I realize that many European and Asian fans probably read this board and I want them to have a balanced view.

Different areas of the US have unique cultures. That is no reason to bash certain areas or specific states.

No that isn't. It'd be pretty boring if everyone was exactly the same. I'm not from the south and I find it really offensive people here play into stereotyping an entire region and in a negative manner.

I hope that you're not refering to me! I wouldn't say anything like that you know! ;)

I hope that you're not refering to me! I wouldn't say anything like that you know! ;)

Nope, not you. This is a friend I know from another board. I'm sure she somehow means well but you know what they say about the best of intentions.

As for rednecks, they're not just from the South.

Nope, not you. This is a friend I know from another board. I'm sure she somehow means well but you know what they say about the best of intentions.

As for rednecks, they're not just from the South.

Gosh, I've never seen Robert Plant or Alison Krauss wearing a red bandanna, although Robert Plant wears red boots.

Another possible contributing source of the term redneck comes from The West Virginia Coal Miners March or the Battle of Blair Mountain when coal miners wore red bandannas around their necks to identify themselves as seeking the opportunity to unionize.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck

No that isn't. It'd be pretty boring if everyone was exactly the same. I'm not from the south and I find it really offensive people here play into stereotyping an entire region and in a negative manner.

I'm not from the US but I find this sort of talk offensive too. And boring. :rant:

I lived in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area from 1992 to 1994. I moved there from Kansas with my job. I had never lived in the South and wasn't for sure what to expect. I must say, I was pretty impressed with all the big Universitys in that area UNC-Chapel Hill, Duke and other colleges. It was a very growing area at the time I lived there. Very friendly folks who lived there. I really enjoyed living there those 2 years!

I lived in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area from 1992 to 1994. I moved there from Kansas with my job. I had never lived in the South and wasn't for sure what to expect. I must say, I was pretty impressed with all the big Universitys in that area UNC-Chapel Hill, Duke and other colleges. It was a very growing area at the time I lived there. Very friendly folks who lived there. I really enjoyed living there those 2 years!

I spent some time there as well and I agree. It's a great area - lots to do.

Been at both of them. This does not change the fact Buncombe County is full of illiterates....anyhow get to your point please?

What I said was this area has more illiterate and indigent people than most anywhere nationally. These stats came from a public paper written here, and published here. Not something made up in the back of my head. I attended classes here and in the north and I know for a fact classwork runs about a year behind what it does in the North. I lived it...

The article was about getting people to volunteer to help. Seems the last time I did that I was trounced for helping. Soooooo.

Archived