Led Zeppelin owes us a tour!

Yep, you've sealed it that all you're trying to do is incite people. Troll.

Everybody who has participated in this thread should know better. I'd stay and explain why both sides are ridiculous, but I already did, so... let the bull-circle be unbroken.

Who the hell do you think you are saying they owe you?!

Its posts like these that (if the guys ever read them) they'd be offended enough not to tour, even if they had planned on it.

You say you're a fan - but you sure don't act like you appreciate what they've done for you... <_<

Who wants to petition to get this thread deleted?

Its posts like these that (if the guys ever read them) they'd be offended enough not to tour, even if they had planned on it.

You say you're a fan - but you sure don't act like you appreciate what they've done for you... <_<

Who wants to petition to get this thread deleted?

While I share your sentiment Docron, we'd have to lose most of the threads and their respective posts in the top half of the forum! :D

Nobody's ever accused this guy of being a fan.... a fanatic on the other hand.....

cheers :beer:

Oh, just someone that has supported them for some 35 years or so.

Oweing goes both ways. LZ has been well compensated for all that they have done. Fans have bought 200 million + albums, best selling music DVD box set of all time, have requested their songs so much that to this day they are still staples on many radio stations, went to see them in stadiums that held 50 thousand + fans (silverdome etc.) when LZ knew that the sound could not be good but lets jam as many in as possible at once so we only have to do one show per city. Fans have camped out for tickets, purchased anything with LZ on it, and if we zoom forward in time to this past Nov., over 20 million tried to get tickets for their show. Yes, I think they owe a little back to their fans.

And, it looks like only one band member will stop the show...............again.

Oh, just someone that has supported them for some 35 years or so.

Oweing goes both ways. LZ has been well compensated for all that they have done. Fans have bought 200 million + albums, best selling music DVD box set of all time, have requested their songs so much that to this day they are still staples on many radio stations, went to see them in stadiums that held 50 thousand + fans (silverdome etc.) when LZ knew that the sound could not be good but lets jam as many in as possible at once so we only have to do one show per city. Fans have camped out for tickets, purchased anything with LZ on it, and if we zoom forward in time to this past Nov., over 20 million tried to get tickets for their show. Yes, I think they owe a little back to their fans.

And, it looks like only one band member will stop the show...............again.

So, if Robert and Zeppelin play your kid's garden party, all debts are paid?

Someone get Robert's PA on the phone and satisfy this man once and for all! Get Jimmy and JPJ's people on the phone! Jason, are you available? I guess we could call Grohl. I'm sure he'd be up for it!:beer:

I would rather have Chris Robinson and Zeppelin. :)

The closest Chris Robinson will ever get to Zeppelin was when he sang in Jimmy Page's back up band.

Frankly, I'd like to see how Chris would sound at 60!

No doubt he would have to tune down even more so than Robert given he has only half the range.

BTW, I really like the Black Crowes.

However, they peaked with JP.

• 1 month later...

Robert Plant owes us nothing! We've been given our pound of flesh and so much more. I'm still gratefully blown away by the reunion show. Do you really want to see Plant rehashing Zeppelin if he's not totally into it? Just say "Thank You"!

Led Zep does owe us a tour. Simply because they can. Robert needs to start thinking about all the fans who love them. I'm not talking about "like" them but LOVE them. I don't think its to much to ask. They are able and most of them are willing from the looks of it. Robert needs to get over himself and remember the fans that put him were he is. Remember we love them and would like some of there love back. We're human and need the love, just look back at all the posts. I think not doing a tour is selfish. They are the rock gods for this and last generation and many to come. I know they're human. The point is the music they made is more than amazing. I don't think John Bonham would mind a tour. I bet he would have wanted more and would have loved to see his son fill in his shoes.

Bottom line is: Robert you owe Led Zeppelin and us more. Remember "we walk the miles" missing Led Zeppelin!

4. Thank You

BD

I'm with all of you on this one. But as I stated in one of my previous answers, ONLY LOVE CAN BRING LED ZEPPELIN BACK TOGETHER AGAIN. The band doesn't need the money and the proceeds from the 02 Arena show from 10 December 2007 went to charity. When you think about it, LED ZEPPELIN has done it all and doesn't have anything left to prove other than prove that the band can still kick some serious ass. And ZEPPELIN proved that they still could on 10 December 2007. I do hope that ZEPPELIN will give the whole world one more great tour even if it is for one last time. ROCK ON!

This is my thought on the whole Led Zeppelin reunion. On September 25, 1980 Led Zeppelin was over. The band released this "We wish it to be known that the loss of our dear friend and the deep sense of undivided harmony felt by ourselves and our manager, have led us to decide that we could not continue as we were." September 25, 1980 was the last day of Led Zeppelin. The reunion shows have not been the real Led Zeppelin, I mean how could it be without Bonzo on the drums. I like Jason and he is a great drummer, but he is not the man you see clapping along to "Bring It On Home" with a cig in his mounth during the Royal Albert Hall footage. Bonzo is the only drummer for Led Zeppelin. I want to see Robert, Jimmy, and John Paul on stage together just as much as anyone else but it wouldnt be the same as when they were the kings of the world standing outside the Starship in the 1970's. Since I was born in 1989 i missed the chance of seeing Zep live, but I did get to see Robert and Alison 7/18/08 and I was amazing and I can see that Robert is happy and that is all that really matters. He spent all his life giving to us and who are we to demand that he quits touring with Alison, which would be a huge mistake because their music is great and Im looking forward to a second album. I am just embracing the little bit of the Led Zeppelin legacy that has came around in my time and really appreciate Robert still performing. Either way I will be one of the first to order either Led Zeppelin reunion tickets or Plant/Krauss tickets. Get the Led out.

This is my thought on the whole Led Zeppelin reunion. On September 25, 1980 Led Zeppelin was over. The band released this "We wish it to be known that the loss of our dear friend and the deep sense of undivided harmony felt by ourselves and our manager, have led us to decide that we could not continue as we were." September 25, 1980 was the last day of Led Zeppelin. The reunion shows have not been the real Led Zeppelin, I mean how could it be without Bonzo on the drums. I like Jason and he is a great drummer, but he is not the man you see clapping along to "Bring It On Home" with a cig in his mounth during the Royal Albert Hall footage. Bonzo is the only drummer for Led Zeppelin. I want to see Robert, Jimmy, and John Paul on stage together just as much as anyone else but it wouldnt be the same as when they were the kings of the world standing outside the Starship in the 1970's. Since I was born in 1989 i missed the chance of seeing Zep live, but I did get to see Robert and Alison 7/18/08 and I was amazing and I can see that Robert is happy and that is all that really matters. He spent all his life giving to us and who are we to demand that he quits touring with Alison, which would be a huge mistake because their music is great and Im looking forward to a second album. I am just embracing the little bit of the Led Zeppelin legacy that has came around in my time and really appreciate Robert still performing. Either way I will be one of the first to order either Led Zeppelin reunion tickets or Plant/Krauss tickets. Get the Led out.

WELL SAID! You're right, LED ZEPPELIN DID OFFICIALLY DIE ON 25 SEPTEMBER 1980! A DAY THAT I WILL NEVER FORGET! Speaking as a loyal die hard ZEPPELIN fanatic like all of you are, we all probably feel that having Jason Bonham as the drummer, is about as close as the band will ever be in being LED ZEPPELIN again. Jason Bonham is John Bonham's blood and son. At least ZEPPELIN is keeping it in the family. To sum up this topic, it is up to the band to decide. All we can do is wait. ROCK ON!

It will clearly be ignored. We cannot nor will we control what they do. They are not obligated to do anything we tell them to do. The decision to do anything will be made by them, when they're damn good and ready. Accept that and welcome to Reality Land.

I was asking that guy in front of me. ZepFanForever?

But thanks for your information even if I don't like the answer.

Should I expect you to answer all my questions as I ask throughout the website?

Expect many to answer all questions anyone asks throughout the website!

You think everyone should just wait?

I think everyone should shout at the top of their lungs for a Led Zeppelin tour. That kind of enthusiasm couldn't be ignored by the band, no way.

Are you with me?

20 Million fans from the planet screamed for tickets for 02...i believe that to be enough evidence for them to gauge interest.

They know we are waiting but one is very busy right now. When he is not busy he may consider the aforementioned interest. Of course, we must consider HIS interest as well. If his heart is not in it, it's not worth waiting for.

Let the man fulfill his personal ambitions in peace. You have no choice but to wait and see.

You think everyone should just wait?

I think everyone should shout at the top of their lungs for a Led Zeppelin tour. That kind of enthusiasm couldn't be ignored by the band, no way.

Are you with me?

Which "you"? :rolleyes:

Expect many to answer all questions anyone asks throughout the website!

A variety of input is most welcome. I just noticed that electrophile was answering me in a few threads, even when I was asking a different poster. And there's nothing wrong with jumping in, but I did wonder if she was going to address me in any thread I ask questions in.

Do you know what I mean?

The closest Chris Robinson will ever get to Zeppelin was when he sang in Jimmy Page's back up band.

Frankly, I'd like to see how Chris would sound at 60!

No doubt he would have to tune down even more so than Robert given he has only half the range.

BTW, I really like the Black Crowes.

However, they peaked with JP.

How can one honestly think CR did a good job in the Page/Crowes collaboration? I understand people have opinions and likes and dislikes -- but come on!! There was nothing musical about his voice on that tour. He reworked and screamed songs instead of trying to sing them the way they were written.

CR's voice was done after 1996. It was never the same after that. He has only resorted to screaming in an annoying nasally voice ever since. Its horrendous. Nowadays, he fakes a country twang accent.

The Crowes in NO WAY peaked with Page. Audley Freed, Sven Pipien and Greg Rzab, and Steve Gorman MADE THAT tour. The Crowes had two peaks -- 1996 and 2005. The time inbetween those years was a dark time with the absence of Marc Ford. Audley Freed is an incredibly talented guitarist and one of the best around today -- but he just wasnt a great fit for the Crowes. HOWEVER he was detrimental on the Page collaboration. But the only guitarist for the Crowes is Marc Ford, period. They also peaked when Ford breifly joined back in2005. They may have been at their best that year.

But please dont give CR credit. The guy's voice is horrible -- listen to him nowadays. Or even over the past few years. Its annoying screaming. Then go listen to the guy in 1995. Night and Day.

I was asking that guy in front of me. ZepFanForever?

But thanks for your information even if I don't like the answer.

Should I expect you to answer all my questions as I ask throughout the website?

By all means no! This is for all of my fellow hard core die hard ZEPPELIN fanatics to answer. As we all well know, I do not have all of the answers. ROCK ON!

By all means no! This is for all of my fellow hard core die hard ZEPPELIN fanatics to answer. As we all well know, I do not have all of the answers. ROCK ON!

This post you're referring to now was directed to electrophile. She butted in when my post before was directed to you.

The waters need to be cleared often it appears.

Lets start screaming then for a tour, some may think we would need a padded room. They would be right. :lol:

Archived