Led Zeppelin owes us a tour!

"The conveyer belt of expectation is bullshit. If people don't talk about a tour, anything is likely. The more people talk, the more pressure it puts on everybody." -Robert Plant in Rolling Stone on the newstands right now. These two sentences says it all. Quit asking for a tour. He strikes me as person who doesnt like to be pushed. Keep insisting and it just might backfire on you and there will never be a tour. He has every right to feel this way. The pressure to pull off 02 must be tremendous. I would definitely go see them if they toured but it would be insane and childish to demand that they give me what I want.

Agreed.

Love is more than "gimme what I want." You're right that that line is unlikely to work on Robert.

If one day you wake up and read a story that John Bonham had faked his death, and has been racing cars all these years in anonymity, then you could say Led Zeppelin owe you a tour. Until that happens, No, Led Zeppelin owes you/me/or anyone, nothing.

"The conveyer belt of expectation is bullshit. If people don't talk about a tour, anything is likely. The more people talk, the more pressure it puts on everybody." -Robert Plant in Rolling Stone on the newstands right now. These two sentences says it all. Quit asking for a tour. He strikes me as person who doesnt like to be pushed. Keep insisting and it just might backfire on you and there will never be a tour. He has every right to feel this way. The pressure to pull off 02 must be tremendous. I would definitely go see them if they toured but it would be insane and childish to demand that they give me what I want.

I guess I should point out that I will love Led and Robert whether they tour or not. So maybe that should take off all that pressure I'm putting on them. I mean get real who cares what I say!

Childishly yours,

BD

P.S. Robert pull down deep. I understand you want to make it relevant but look around you'll be relevant no matter what you do. Being relevant seems to be your fear.

Would I love to see Zeppelin tour? Sure. I never got to see them live in my lifetime, up close and in the venue. But to expect, no....DEMAND they tour? Please. They owe us NOTHING. ZILCH. NADA. ZERO. BUPKIS. They have given and given and given to their fans over the years, now some fans have the gall to take more?

Would I love to see Zeppelin tour? Sure. I never got to see them live in my lifetime, up close and in the venue. But to expect, no....DEMAND they tour? Please. They owe us NOTHING. ZILCH. NADA. ZERO. BUPKIS. They have given and given and given to their fans over the years, now some fans have the gall to take more?

Yes I DEMAND they tour. This is not a big deal for them to do. The only reason they don't is because of one hold out. Its not going to kill them to do a 4 or 5 dates for a tour. Give me a break. They owe us a lot more than NOTHING. ZILCH. NADA. ZERO. BUPKIS. IMO. They are taking more by teasing us with this lame one night stand.

with gall,

BD

P.S. Robert reach deeeeeeep and do it. Do it for me.

Yes I DEMAND they tour. This is not a big deal for them to do. The only reason they don't is because of one hold out. Its not going to kill them to do a 4 or 5 dates for a tour. Give me a break. They owe us a lot more than NOTHING. ZILCH. NADA. ZERO. BUPKIS. IMO. They are taking more by teasing us with this lame one night stand.

with gall,

BD

P.S. Robert reach deeeeeeep and do it. Do it for me.

Anyone else picking up a ghey vibe here? :whistling:

If they tour it will be bigger than Lord of the Ring. The movie should be enough reason to tour.

Preciously yours,

BD

P.S. Robert: I'm here for you.

Only one ring huh?

I think you are one of those plant heads that hate Led Zeppelin. You are doing this intentionally in hopes that Robert will read this and get pissed about how horrible Led Zeppelin fans are. Well just in case I am correct, Robert was just tipped off to your game.

It's over now.

For the rational bunch, yes I am joking.

Only one ring huh?

I think you are one of those plant heads that hate Led Zeppelin. You are doing this intentionally in hopes that Robert will read this and get pissed about how horrible Led Zeppelin fans are. Well just in case I am correct, Robert was just tipped off to your game.

No I really do Love Led Zep. But thanks for asking.

BD

P.S. I really think Robert wants to be relevant. Noting wrong with that.

Only one ring huh?

By the way, sorry about the one ring thing. typo no message there.

BD

Binarydeath, even if Page/Plant/JPJ/and jason were to do a tour...you STILL will have never seen Led Zeppelin. :whistling:

Besides, this is'nt about you, or Led Zeppelin, or me or anyone else. It's about Ahmet Ertegun....the man that gave Zep their golden ticket. It's HIS day. And it's a damn shame his day is being upstaged by countless fans with a Veruca Salt attitude.

Binarydeath, even if Page/Plant/JPJ/and jason were to do a tour...you STILL will have never seen Led Zeppelin. :whistling:

Besides, this is'nt about you, or Led Zeppelin, or me or anyone else. It's about Ahmet Ertegun....the man that gave Zep their golden ticket. It's HIS day. And it's a damn shame his day is being upstaged by countless fans with a Veruca Salt attitude.

Sorry not my intention.

I disagree about the "..you STILL will have never seen Led Zeppelin."

The DNA is the same. Thats all that matters to me.

BD

I'm glad we have a some kind of consensus. Yeah, they owe us nothing, beat it.

It would be nice to see them tour but uh, demanding them to tour if they don't want to is gay. It's like, really selfish and stupid. And like said, this is for Ahmet Ertegun - and with all these new releases, i think it's just to promote the sales with the gig, nothing much else.

Whether they do a tour or album, we can only wait and see what happens.

:huh: Do we seriously not have the slapface smiley?! I sure do need one now.

I really can't believe the attitude some people have towards artists here. Their talent is what makes them, nothing else, and if you enjoy their art, you should be thankful they've produced it. They don't owe anyone anything.

I'm glad we have a some kind of consensus. Yeah, they owe us nothing, beat it.

It would be nice to see them tour but uh, demanding them to tour if they don't want to is gay. It's like, really selfish and stupid. And like said, this is for Ahmet Ertegun - and with all these new releases, i think it's just to promote the sales with the gig, nothing much else.

Whether they do a tour or album, we can only wait and see what happens.

You guys act like being an artist is so precious I can't demand something from them (like it matters what I say anyway).

You said it Ramci and its sad if true "to promote sales". What a noble lofty goal for an artist.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind them making money but acting like one fan who demands a tour is so bad. I'm glad to be bad. I guess I'm not the "prefect fan".

BD

P.S. Robert do you believe its only for the art. If true, tour for the fans and put the money into charity. I'll go if you tour, charity or not.

Archived