Led Zeppelin owes us a tour!

Actually, those few here who know me would tell you I've been against the O2 reunion

from the get go and I certainly don't think a tour is a good idea. Nothing against Page,

Plant, or Jones, rather the industry in 2007/08 is not the same as it was in 1977/78.

I really don't want to see "Best Buy Presents Led Zeppelin". I don't want 18,000 out of

20,000 attendees to be there on a corporate expense account, bringing to the gig their

trophy wives and cellphones. I don't want to hear Cleveland sing Stairway to Heaven.

Who cares right? I'm just a speck in the crowd.

As a life-long fan, what do I want? In the end, I just want them to do what THEY want to do. The O2 reunion is THEIR moment to honor THEIR mentor. I respect that. If they find common ground to tour, record, have lunch, whatever, I'm ok with that too. I'm

not pushy. They don't owe me anything.

Now you have me all depressed. Very good point though about the "corporate" types.

On the tour thing I am pushy about it but that's my way. Sorry about that. Not that it matters. By the way, I'll be out of the way next week I'm out of pocket so you don't have to listen to me drone on.

BD

Now you have me all depressed. Very good point though about the "corporate" types.

On the tour thing I am pushy about it but that's my way. Sorry about that. Not that it matters. By the way, I'll be out of the way next week I'm out of pocket so you don't have to listen to me drone on.

BD

Everyone has their own motivations and point of reference. You may be pushing your point tonight knowing that you won't be able to for a week. No harm in that, really.

They've just got to be damn sure whatever they do is because they ALL want to do it. Too late in life for anyone to find themselves on a stage in Philadelphia asking

"Should I be doing this?".

many people know led zep from 70ies and it should remain that way, because you cannot do the same in 2007. You do not have all same memebers, you dont have same social and lifestyle conditions and you cannot cross the river two same ways. It would be foolish to ruin that image with tour done only for money.

litttle comment: maybe i am little bit biased, because i have tickets !!!

many people know led zep from 70ies and it should remain that way, because you cannot do the same in 2007. You do not have all same memebers, you dont have same social and lifestyle conditions and you cannot cross the river two same ways. It would be foolish to ruin that image with tour done only for money.

litttle comment: maybe i am little bit biased, because i have tickets !!!

Page and Plant were better in 98 than many latter day Zeppelin shows. People have a lot to say about the good old days and "you can't go back" yaddah yaddah yaddah. The proof is in the pudding. PM me for a link to the last P/P show I saw.

I don't want 18,000 out of 20,000 attendees to be there on a corporate expense account, bringing to the gig their trophy wives and cellphones.

That's why the the entire tour should be done in a lottery system like the O2 tour. I know it was kind of botched, but the intentions were good.

Zeppelin doesn't need Ticketmaster. They don't need to do things the traditional way. They can name their own terms. They can book any venue at the drop of a hat.

They could very easily just book a string of dates at one location (like Royal Albert Hall) to give more people a chance to fly in and see them. There are ways to do this that have a minimal inconvenience to them. It's just that if they are putting this effort into rehearsing a set for just one show, it's a waste to let it just fizzle away afterwards. If they come back together after Robert's tour with Kraus they will be rusty all over again. So I think if they are going to make the most of the time they are putting into this, they have to squeeze out a few more shows over the next year.

That's why the the entire tour should be done in a lottery system like the O2 tour. I know it was kind of botched, but the intentions were good.

Kind of botched? It was a train wreck. We're eight days from the event and passcodes

are still being sent out. Harvey hi-jacked ticket sales to further his own agenda within the industry.

In my scheme of things, tickets for the first ten dates of the world tour go on sale at 10am on Saturday, first come first served, limit one per person.

Not really sure how the animosity crept into this thread. I know it's a subject we're all passionate about but surely we can have differing views without falling out.

I think as I've got older hero worship has been tempered by realism. I've expressed my opinion, as I think I've got every right to do on this forum, but I'm not trying to bully anybody else into agreeing with me.

A message board without a bit of debate would be a very boring place.

• 2 weeks later...
:coffee::lol::hysterical:I'll bet Robert feels really guilty now you've said all that, and he's totally changed his mind. You can expect him to hire you as his tour manager any day now. What he needs is you to tell him what to do and his life will be complete.

Finally someone who sees it my way. So far so good.

waiting for my call,

BD

I haven't read this whole thread but I suspect I may be in the minority here.

I did not go last night and I was devastated, sitting at home getting live setlist updates. After the extraordinary events of the evening I want to say that I hope they do not tour. Last night was so perfect, anything else added to the legacy would sully it.

Do we really want to see them doing some 30 date tour playing corporate arenas in Missouri? I know I don't. Plant gave everything he had last night, he does not have the desire to do that every night for 6 months and nor should he. He has earned our respect, I would not ever want to force the guy to tour when he's not into it. His heart was in it last night, that's one of the things that made it so magical. His heart hasn't been into the idea of Zep for a very long time.

It was better than any of us could have hoped and it should stand in rock history alone. Look at that thunderous clip of Kashmir and tell me you want them to schlep their 60 year old bones out there every night, gradully dimming the power of songs and band as the road takes it out of them.

Let us put aside our selfishness and let last night stand as the final wondrous chapter in Zeppelin.

I swear some of you guys, if Planty ran your Granny down you'd say never mind, she shouldn't have been out in the road on her own. :lol:

I'm older & I've seen them twice. but he absolutely owes me another chance to see the band I've been dedicated too all my life. Some of you talk of respect, what about the respect he owes to all of us. One concert for 20,000 (when there's a million times that people who want to see them) was unfair & as selfish as JP suggested. :duel:

I know this goes against what a lot of you believe but my opinion is just as valid as yours. :blahblah:

This from The Times says it more eloquently than I can.

And so, was it all for a one-off show in memory of their label boss Ahmet Ertegun? Come on. With a synergy like this going on, it would be an act of cosmic perversity to stop now.

What makes everyone or certain people think Led Zeppelin owes you a tour, they do not owe you anything, I think there will be a discussion or meeting of such between them all to see how they feel, but in the end it will be down to them if they do a tour, I hope so.

What makes everyone or certain people think Led Zeppelin owes you a tour, they do not owe you anything, I think there will be a discussion or meeting of such between them all to see how they feel, but in the end it will be down to them if they do a tour, I hope so.

I don't see the relationship between fan and artist as a one way street. Whilst they hadn't played seriously for nearly 30 years I was resigned to never seeing them again. But, once the genie is out of the bottle for 20,000 people I think they owe the rest of us the same opportunity. I took them down from the pedastal a long time ago but that deosn't mean I've stopped loving them - I haven't.

I'll let Jimmy have the last word. He is quoted today saying

'It would be selfish to return so powerfully and not do it again, wouldn't it?

Of course what he meant was is 'wouldn't it Robert'?

Yes it would.

Plant gave everything he had last night, he does not have the desire to do that every night for 6 months and nor should he. He has earned our respect, I would not ever want to force the guy to tour when he's not into it.

What if last night changed that? What if the idea of a few dates here and there excited him? I certainly don't think we as fans are owed a debt by any means, and clearly this was in homage to Ahmet, but if he feels the fire...well, let's just say I'm glad I live near Los Angeles! :beer:

The Dailly Star's (an English tabloid newspaper which isn't the most reliable source in the world) front page headline is reporting the World Tour as a 'done deal' which will be annouced in the next couple of days.

More likely the cheque books were being waved about last night.

NME is suggesting two wembley stadium dates are 'on hold'. There may be substance in that with other artists announcing London stadium gigs elsewhere (Springsteen, Iron Maiden, Bon Jovi and the Foo Fighters new date taking place in Manchester rather than a third wembley show) and Wembley ( I believe) only being allowed a certain number of concerts.

Perhap's playing select stadiums will relieve the fear of arena fatigue.

Archived