Led Zeppelin owes us a tour!

I do not believe that RP, JP, & JPJ owe us a tour. On the other hand, in my humble opinion, they are more than capable in doing a phenominal tour because judging from the O2 show, their musicianship is better than ever. Yes, they have to detune their instruments for RP, however, the classic songs have never sounded better. And with Bonham the son, it will be absolutely fantastic!!

If you want to start going on about what they owe people, I'd like to tell them that they owe my countless dollars.

I'm not complaining though, I willing paid for the stuff.

Led Zeppelin does not owe us anything.

Here we are, weeks later... Somehow I knew this thread would still be here. How is the "Led Zeppelin owe us nothing" crowd doing today? Good I hope. I'm still with BD though. Not so much because I really feel like Zeppelin owe me anything, but because a mans' opinion stands in equality with another, and this discussion is limited to the realm of personal opinion by nature of the thread title itself. You say Led Zeppelin owe us nothing. You're right, they don't. I say Led Zeppelin owe us a tour, I'm right, they do. See?

I considered buying an untorn 1980 ticket to add legitimacy to my claim, but the LZ forum can be humorless at times, and this would prolly just piss people off.

Here we are, weeks later... Somehow I knew this thread would still be here. How is the "Led Zeppelin owe us nothing" crowd doing today? Good I hope. I'm still with BD though. Not so much because I really feel like Zeppelin owe me anything, but because a mans' opinion stands in equality with another, and this discussion is limited to the realm of personal opinion by nature of the thread title itself. You say Led Zeppelin owe us nothing. You're right, they don't. I say Led Zeppelin owe us a tour, I'm right, they do. See?

I considered buying an untorn 1980 ticket to add legitimacy to my claim, but the LZ forum can be humorless at times, and this would prolly just piss people off.

I think you get it rokarolla. This is my place to wine about wanting a tour and the people that stand in our way "Robert". I think deep inside everyone is in denial and agrees with me or maybe just rokarolla.

egocentric,

BD

Here we are, weeks later... Somehow I knew this thread would still be here. How is the "Led Zeppelin owe us nothing" crowd doing today?

Probably just as good as the "Led Zeppelin owe us a tour" crowd, who are also keeping this thread going, but who couldn't possibly be the humourless ones, now could they? :rolleyes:

Probably just as good as the "Led Zeppelin owe us a tour" crowd, who are also keeping this thread going, but who couldn't possibly be the humourless ones, now could they? :rolleyes:

You don't express yourself without the eye rolls very often, do you? I hardly think you could describe my position in this debate as a crowd (all 2 of us), and the dynamic of this discussion is very gang bang. I cannot be given much credit for keeping this going, as it is my least posted upon thread. I always root for the underdog, and in this case it is clearly BD, who has the nerve to defend his position against the prevailing wind. This topic was spawned on the old board. Some would say "Damn I wish Zeppelin would tour", then others would counter (annoyingly) "Zeppelin owe us nothing". After hearing Zeppelin owe us nothing about a million times, someone finally came along and said "Zeppelin Owe Me". Y'all started this, not B.D. Get it?

You don't express yourself without the eye rolls very often, do you?

It's the only time I've used that emoticon today. Guess you have a little selective viewing going on. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

My point was you can't keep a debate on a thread going without two sides being involved. Get it?

It's the only time I've used that emoticon today. Guess you have a little selective viewing going on. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

My point was you can't keep a debate on a thread going without two sides being involved. Get it?

I'm not talking about today Kneb. I'm talking about the 9 or so months that I've noticed your posts.

I guess I don't like emoticons generally. You're right about needing two sides to have a debate. I see You as Goliath and BD as David though.

I'm not talking about today Kneb. I'm talking about the 9 or so months that I've noticed your posts.

I guess I don't like emoticons generally. You're right about needing two sides to have a debate. I see You as Goliath and BD as David though.

Ah well there are two emoticon camps so that's understandable. I'm fond of them myself as you have seen. B)

It's just that you seem to be saying that BD is the first person to suggest that Zeppelin owe him something - ie a direct response to those who say they don't - and he just isn't, it has been said time and time again. I think we can all debate here within certain bounds, and I don't think anyone has overstepped them in this thread, IMHO. Opinions are there to be debated, of course. ;)

They don't owe us anything at all! But I do hope they make a new album and then tour - a short tour maybe, but tour. I am hoping that because it would be good music, and very much relevant in this day and age....as is their old stuff.

And yes, would appreciate an O2 DVD, as well as a pint. :lol:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

And a pint!

Thats more like it. I've decide that not only do the owe us a tour but they need to do it for free.

To date, the group is reported to have sold more than 300 million albums worldwide, including 109.5 million sales in the United States.

They can do it for free. They can call it the "Thank You" tour.

Very deluded,

BD

We are OWED nothing.

However, it would be wonderful if a tour could happen, even an abreviated one.

We all have to remember that not only do the boys have other career obligations, they have family obligations. Heck, they are grandfathers (boy, does that make me feel old!) :blush:

Let's just keep hoping!

And yes, a DVD would be wonderful -- a totally Zep DVD, and then a DVD of the entire concert, with some proceeds going to charity.

Oh well, just my 2 cents. B)

Thats more like it. I've decide that not only do the owe us a tour but they need to do it for free.

To date, the group is reported to have sold more than 300 million albums worldwide, including 109.5 million sales in the United States.

They can do it for free. They can call it the "Thank You" tour.

Very deluded,

BD

they did the O2 for free...

I know what you mean, but there's no place on earth that would hold the number of fans that would show up... which I guess is a very good, and yet very bad thing... :huh:

Archived