IF A ROCK STAR WAS TO BE PRESIDENT, WHO WOULD IT BE?

ZeppFanForever

Hi fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics! This is one of those off the wall questions since we are on the subject as to who is going to be the next president of the U.S. of A.

Here's an imaginary question for all of you, IF A ROCK STAR WERE TO RUN THIS COUNTRY AS THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHY? This president can be living or dead, male or female. Please enlighten me. ROCK ON!

Ted,if you lean the right way,

Kanye(ahem,not rocker)if you lean the other way.

America...you decide.*theme music from ABC election coverage playing in the background*

3350501_m.jpg

Why?

"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth;you might as well use both feet."

..and before anyone busts my balls;the original post said "imaginary"...

Besides;we could just change the law,I'm sure Gov.Schwarzenegger would agree. B)

Ted Nugent/Alice Cooper

B)

The Nuge would be the perfect candidate. Who would be better suited to run the country than a pro gun-rights nutjob? Think about it-he's everything America stands for.

Don Henley. He's intelligent for one thing (sadly lacking in our gov't the past 8 years).

http://www.usatoday.com/community/chat/2001-01-16-henley.htm

Clover, South Carolina: What are your honest and open thoughts on the chaos surrounding Indecision 2000?

Don Henley: If people would get off their asses and vote, then we wouldn't have these problems. I get sick and tired of people complaining about the way things are and then refusing to participate in the process that could change things. People in Third World countries all over the world regularly give their lives in an effort to have the privileges that we have in this country, and we take all these privileges for granted. Our system of government certainly isn't perfect, but from what I've seen in my travels, it's still the best thing going. However, things are only going to get worse if something isn't done to alleviate this growing cynicism that a great percentage of the population has about government. Democracy only works through participation and vigilance. There was a great quote that I "borrowed" and put in one of my songs -- "We get the government we deserve". On the recent election, I've read numerous articles in dozens of political magazines and newspapers, and it has been the consensus of both liberals and many respected conservatives and moderates that what the Supreme Court ultimately did was unconstitutional and unconscionable. This is the kind of thing that perpetuates the cynicism and non-participation that I mentioned earlier.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maryland: Ever feel like your extreme liberal positions do not reflect the reality of life as experienced by the average person?

Don Henley: If you think I'm an extreme liberal, you don't know me at all. I don't know what your definition of "extreme liberalism" is, but all you know about me is what you've read in the papers and magazines on a very narrow range of subjects. YOu simply don't have enough information about me to make a classification like that.

50% -- or more, as most would argue, of this nation's "average persons" who were registered to vote, voted for Al Gore. 50% -- or less, as many would argue -- of this nation's "average persons" who were registered to vote voted for Mr. Bush. Your question implies that most people are conservative. The election results -- especially after they finally do finish the counting in Florida -- disputes your view. In any case, I'm neither an extreme liberal nor a conservative. Like most people, I fall somewhere in between. I am what might be called "liberal" on some issues, and I'm also what might be called "surprisingly conservative" on others. I primarily comment in public on environmental matters, and those comments are based on extensive reading and research, not on emotion. My political views simply reflect my environmental concerns.

If a non-American could be President, i would want Bono or Peter Gabriel. Intelligent, passionate, excellent communicators, and true humanitarians.

Ted,if you lean the right way,

Kanye(ahem,not rocker)if you lean the other way.

America...you decide.*theme music from ABC election coverage playing in the background*

Either it would be musical chairs to the theme music of Jeopardy, "Do the Hoockie Poockie" (If that's how its spelled.) or do the "Rock n' Roll Hoochie Koo." ROCK ON!

DAVE GROHL.

The nicest man in Rock music. :lol:

I wish that Kurt Cobain was still here, then he and David Grohl can run for President and Vice President. I know one thing's for sure, President Cobain would legalize Heroin over the counter at every corner drug store along with your local corner liquior store. R.I.P. Kurt Cobain. ROCK ON!

3350501_m.jpg

Why?

"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth;you might as well use both feet."

..and before anyone busts my balls;the original post said "imaginary"...

Besides;we could just change the law,I'm sure Gov.Schwarzenegger would agree. B)

You're right "59LesPaul," I did say imaginary. Just think what would happen if Keith Richards was the first Englishman to become President of the United States. One, he would legalize drugs instantly including making cremation ashes as a drug. Two, he would fill the Senate / Congress with Democrat and Republican Drug Lords and Drug Dealers. And three, there would be more jobs in demand for female interns and more workers (Mafia Members) in the Funeral Homes and Cemetary's. Keith would definitely mandate that there be at least seven parties a week in each household. ROCK ON!

Wasn't Joe Walsh thinking about running for President in the 80s? I seem to remember hearing this on the radio back then.

I could see Bruce Springsteen running for some kind of office someday.

It is true, everyone thought that Joe Walsh was crazy for running for President in the 1980's. Bruce Springsteen would be a good choice someday. ROCK ON!

Archived