Is there professional audio footage from Royal Albert?

I've been wanting to post this for a while. Also, if it's been discussed before, please forgive me. I don't read every single post all the time. Maybe this was a topic before, but nevertheless here it is........

On the CODA album there is a version of "I Can't Quit You" that is said as being from a "soundcheck" before the show at the Royal Albert Hall. I've listened to this version over and over again. It is exactly (besides the editing of the guitar solo) the same take as the one on the 2003 DVD of the Albert Hall performance. Was this truly a "soundcheck", or the actual live recording during the gig?? I'd be willing to bet that it is taken from the concert, as nobody-especially Zeppelin - ever played the same exact thing twice, note for note. Compare the two and you will see what I mean. They should really consider releasing that show on CD at some point.

I've been wanting to post this for a while. Also, if it's been discussed before, please forgive me. I don't read every single post all the time. Maybe this was a topic before, but nevertheless here it is........

On the CODA album there is a version of "I Can't Quit You" that is said as being from a "soundcheck" before the show at the Royal Albert Hall. I've listened to this version over and over again. It is exactly (besides the editing of the guitar solo) the same take as the one on the 2003 DVD of the Albert Hall performance. Was this truly a "soundcheck", or the actual live recording during the gig?? I'd be willing to bet that it is taken from the concert, as nobody-especially Zeppelin - ever played the same exact thing twice, note for note. Compare the two and you will see what I mean. They should really consider releasing that show on CD at some point.

it's not a soundcheck.....it's the real thing. see the clip in the video section of this site, for those of you that don't have the dvd.

There ARE other alternatives.

Have you ever worn boots that lace up on your legs? :whistling:

p.s. beatbo, that new picture of Jimmy in your sig KICKS ASS!!!

thank you....it has been correctly identified as cobo hall 1973. anybody know which night?

it's not a soundcheck.....it's the real thing. see the clip in the video section of this site, for those of you that don't have the dvd.

I know it's the real deal...My hope is that they will release the whole show one day...It says in the liner notes of the CODA album that it was taken from a "soundcheck rehearsal" at The Royal Albert Hall....but it's actually the performance.....That is a great sounding quality track......

Isn't there some way you can copy the audio track off of the DVD and burn a CD of it? That would be great.

I need to find some of those places that have the working tapes...

There are numerous programs available that can help you rip the audio from a DVD and convert it to a burnable format for CD.

Google this -> DVD audio ripper

Should return a host of results. :)

but you should know the DVD doesn't have the entire performance... Heartbreaker is missing (well I guess half of that track is lost anyway), there are cuts in How Many More Times.

And beatbo... that picture is SICK! What is that dude in the audience holding up in the air? Is it a bottle, or a tape recorder??

but you should know the DVD doesn't have the entire performance... Heartbreaker is missing (well I guess half of that track is lost anyway), there are cuts in How Many More Times.

And beatbo... that picture is SICK! What is that dude in the audience holding up in the air? Is it a bottle, or a tape recorder??

i think it's a mic!

Archived