Jimmy Page - Jerry Reed Album?

Cat

1-11-1980

Daily Globe (MI) Syndicated

The rumored Jerry Reed-Jimmy Page (Led Zepplin (sic) guitarist) album is definitely

off according to an informed source—this year anyway. Reed's too busy.

Daily Globe -- too funny! Country artist Jerry Reed was going to parlay his Smokey And The Bandit theme song success into a collaboration with Jimmy? NOT.

Aww, c'mon... I bet Jimmy could do one helluva 'Amos Moses'... or even Koko Joe. :P

It does sound ridiculous, but Jerry Reed IS known as a very good guitar player. Chet Atkins said he was his favorite guitar player. In 1980 Jimmy was looking a bit hammered and lost for direction, so...nah.

I confess this isn't a collaboration that I would've ever thought of... but I kinda get a kick out of some of Jerry Reed's stuff.

Aww, c'mon... I bet Jimmy could do one helluva 'Amos Moses'... or even Koko Joe. :P

I confess this isn't a collaboration that I would've ever thought of... but I kinda get a kick out of some of Jerry Reed's stuff.

"Amos Moses" and "Koko Joe" are great songs! Jerry Reed's Greatest Hits is a CD well worth getting. Too bad more people don't know about his musical side.

Can you picture Jimmy in a car with Dom DeLuise in Cannonball Run? "I say, YEEEEHAW, mate!"

Archived