HAPPY 29TH ANNIVERSARY LED ZEPPELIN AT KNEBWORTH FESTIVAL 4 AUGUST 1979!

Have you seen the one in the nineties where Blackmore throws a pint of water over a roadie while he is playing on stage because the roadie took the piss out of him during the day. This led to the band breaking up.

I think that Blackmore is very sensitive as to who's around him. What is going on with Blackmore backstage. Maybe the drugs ain't good enough. Next thing you know, all of the bands, including THE ROLLING STONES, will be taking steroids with heroin and cocaine. I can see Keith Richards now, he'll be snorting steroids with his father's cremation ashes. ROCK ON!

I think that Blackmore is very sensitive as to who's around him. What is going on with Blackmore backstage. Maybe the drugs ain't good enough. Next thing you know, all of the bands, including THE ROLLING STONES, will be taking steroids with heroin and cocaine. I can see Keith Richards now, he'll be snorting steroids with his father's cremation ashes. ROCK ON!

I don't think Purple did drugs, as Ian Gillan said that was the reason they didn't see the Tomy Bolin drug overdose coming as they were all drinkers.

Hi Dan

Remember the tingles runnng down your spine whilst waiting for them to come on?

The stomach churning ( nothing to do with the toilets) as the atmosphere grew?

The excitement of it all?

And the crowd getting more tense?

the palpitations as the lights went down?

The rush of blood as Bonzo hit his snare drum?

And the fucking roar as they were there for us at last?

Or was all that just me? :rolleyes:

Oh yes! Remember it well.

Any one remember the people at the front not sitting down (twats) and those behind them pelting them with bottles and anything to hand?

You think I'm gonna wait 4 YEARS and SIT ALL DAY though the crap that included Chas and Dave for christ's sake and THEN SIT DOWN when the GODS WALK ON?????? YOU'RE HAVING A LAUGH MATE......... That must make me a twat then... Cos I didn't sit down. I never sat at any Zeppelin concert I saw (8)

You think I'm gonna wait 4 YEARS and SIT ALL DAY though the crap that included Chas and Dave for christ's sake and THEN SIT DOWN when the GODS WALK ON?????? YOU'RE HAVING A LAUGH MATE......... That must make me a twat then... Cos I didn't sit down. I never sat at any Zeppelin concert I saw (8)

You never heard of humor mate, chill out you ain't no twat and I wasn't referring to the people at the front either. My mate was down at the front and he got really whacked, said it was like a war zone down there. Now me, I'm 25,000 rows back setting up me stereo so as I can listen to the show for years to come and I was even standing up.

Still Friends? Danny

PS. Chas and Dave used to play at The Duke of Wellington Pub-Bethnal Green-London E2 for many years in the 60s, which just happened to back on to out garden, do you think I wanted to listen to them playing at "The Festival of the Gods"?

PPS. Sit Down You Twat. LOL

You never heard of humor mate, chill out you ain't no twat and I wasn't referring to the people at the front either. My mate was down at the front and he got really whacked, said it was like a war zone down there. Now me, I'm 25,000 rows back setting up me stereo so as I can listen to the show for years to come and I was even standing up.

Still Friends? Danny

PS. Chas and Dave used to play at The Duke of Wellington Pub-Bethnal Green-London E2 for many years in the 60s, which just happened to back on to out garden, do you think I wanted to listen to them playing at "The Festival of the Gods"?

PPS. Sit Down You Twat. LOL

I'm chilled - I was having a laugh AS WELL!! I just turned my back on all the shit that came our way!!

I think that Blackmore is very sensitive as to who's around him.

Blackmore is/was notorious for getting very drunk before going onstage. Couldn't cope with the nerves. Lashing out at a crew member is no surprise to me. I remember talking to Graham Bonnet back in the 80s about it. He said when he was in Rainbow, the guy was "as unpredictable as quicksilver. A drunken fucking prick" (his words).

But hooray Knebworth! To all my friends who were there! Cheers! :beer:

BTW, hi Harlequin!! All the best to you mate!

Blackmore is/was notorious for getting very drunk before going onstage. Couldn't cope with the nerves. Lashing out at a crew member is no surprise to me. I remember talking to Graham Bonnet back in the 80s about it. He said when he was in Rainbow, the guy was "as unpredictable as quicksilver. A drunken fucking prick" (his words).

But hooray Knebworth! To all my friends who were there! Cheers! :beer:

BTW, hi Harlequin!! All the best to you mate!

How's it going "Evster2012?" I guess your answer pretty much sums up Ritchie Blackmore. ROCK ON!

• 11 months later...
How's it going my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope the weekend went well. I survived numerous hangover's this weekend while getting ready to celebrate LED ZEPPELIN'S first night at the KNEBWORTH FESTIVAL on 4 AUGUST 1979. I'm getting set to take my one hour lunch today and am very excited that I will have tomorrow off. Tonight, I will be at the Bicycle Club bar with my 4 August 1979 KNEBWORTH DVD set and will have my friend who is the manager of Bicycle Club show it on three huge screens in powerfull Dolby Surround Pro Logic sound. I know that I will be having a great time tonight and I will be thinking of all of you. If any of you were at the KNEBWORTH FESTIVAL or would like to share any thoughts of the first show on 4 August 1979, please feel free to enlighten me. I am looking forward to hearing from all of you, LONG LIVE THE MIGHTY LED ZEPPELIN! ROCK ON!

ZeppFanForever A.K.A. John

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I FINALLY FOUND THE THREADS THAT I AM LOOKING FOR! It is now going to be 30 YEARS this year. And to celebrate 30 years this year, I will be doing the same thing this year that I did last year. I welcome all your comments, I will also post a comment on 4 & 5 August 2009 as well as 11 & 12 August 2009. Now I have to find the other KNEBWORTH thread. In the mean time, ROCK ON my friends!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I FINALLY FOUND THE THREADS THAT I AM LOOKING FOR! It is now going to be 30 YEARS this year. And to celebrate 30 years this year, I will be doing the same thing this year that I did last year. I welcome all your comments, I will also post a comment on 4 & 5 August 2009 as well as 11 & 12 August 2009. Now I have to find the other KNEBWORTH thread. In the mean time, ROCK ON my friends!

Yes it is, 30 years on tuesday.

Yes it is, 30 years on tuesday.

How's it going "Zeppelin_2008?" I hope all is well with you. 30 years went by quick didn't it? My KNEBWORTH 11 August 1979 thread disappeared, I wonder what happened? Oh well, as the saying goes: "Shit happens!" ROCK ON!

30th Anniversary, can't wait! :party::yay::hurrah:

Led-Zeppelin-At-Knebworth-1979-80553.jpg:wub:

:peace:,

Jo

How's it going "pagemccartney95" A.K.A. Jo? I hope all is well with you. Do you own the original KNEBWORTH 1979 program? I own one as well as one genuine original unused KNEBWORTH ticket each from 4 & 11 August 1979 although I never attended. At least I own excellent picture and sound quality of both shows on DVD, it makes me feel like I was there. Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON!

How's it going "pagemccartney95" A.K.A. Jo? I hope all is well with you. Do you own the original KNEBWORTH 1979 program? I own one as well as one genuine original unused KNEBWORTH ticket each from 4 & 11 August 1979 although I never attended. At least I own excellent picture and sound quality of both shows on DVD, it makes me feel like I was there. Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON!

I do believe I'm repeating myself, but, to me, this is the coolest non-stage photo session of Led Zeppelin I'm aware of.

I do believe I'm repeating myself, but, to me, this is the coolest non-stage photo session of Led Zeppelin I'm aware of.

How's it going "jabe?" I hope all is well with you. You have to admit, that 1979 band photo session taken out in the field at KNEBWORTH is one of their best all-time band publicity photos ever. ROCK ON!

I'm watching the DVD Knebworth show right now. This is the first time I've seen it. OMFG. Wish there was more to see. I am so envious of those that got to see them there or at any concert. Sadly I never did. I have to say JP wasn't looking so great then but he still plays a mean guitar. My husband is enjoying the guitar playing. What's with the telephone on John Pauls organ? May someone can address that for me. Whole Lotta Love would be my all time favorite in their catalog. I know its not as complex as some of the other songs but the riff just pounds into my soul. Robert looks great and Bonzo's playing is phenomenal. I sometimes wonder what path LZ would have taken if Bonzo were still here. It's over. I'll have to watch it again on the 4th.

I'm watching the DVD Knebworth show right now. This is the first time I've seen it. OMFG. Wish there was more to see. I am so envious of those that got to see them there or at any concert. Sadly I never did. I have to say JP wasn't looking so great then but he still plays a mean guitar. My husband is enjoying the guitar playing. What's with the telephone on John Pauls organ? May someone can address that for me. Whole Lotta Love would be my all time favorite in their catalog. I know its not as complex as some of the other songs but the riff just pounds into my soul. Robert looks great and Bonzo's playing is phenomenal. I sometimes wonder what path LZ would have taken if Bonzo were still here. It's over. I'll have to watch it again on the 4th.

How's it going "ledzepfvr?" I hope all is well with you. In reference to the telephone on John Paul's organ, one thing's for certain, he wasn't expecting any calls from the Avon lady or Scotland Yard asking for donations! Ha Ha! My guess is that the phone was there for communication purposes in case there were audio or video technological problems on stage that needed to be fixed or corrected. I don't know if you have the first or second show but there was audio and video problems during the taping of the second show (11 August 1979). I take it that if you are going to watch the concert again as I am going to do on the 4th, you must have the KNEBWORTH 4 August 1979 show (First show) am I not right? I am looking forward to your response. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON!

Actually, I didn't realize it was a program until you brought it up. I just searched "led zeppelin knebworth" on Google Images to go with the post,and I thought it looked really cool, so no, it's not mine. My bad! :oops:

How's it going "ledzepfvr?" I hope all is well with you. In reference to the telephone on John Paul's organ, one thing's for certain, he wasn't expecting any calls from the Avon lady or Scotland Yard asking for donations! Ha Ha! My guess is that the phone was there for communication purposes in case there were audio or video technological problems on stage that needed to be fixed or corrected. I don't know if you have the first or second show but there was audio and video problems during the taping of the second show (11 August 1979). I take it that if you are going to watch the concert again as I am going to do on the 4th, you must have the KNEBWORTH 4 August 1979 show (First show) am I not right? I am looking forward to your response. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON!

He's waiting for the valet to let him know where they parked the car, don't cha know? ;)

Jo

Actually, I didn't realize it was a program until you brought it up. I just searched "led zeppelin knebworth" on Google Images to go with the post,and I thought it looked really cool, so no, it's not mine. My bad! :oops:

He's waiting for the valet to let him know where they parked the car, don't cha know? ;)

Jo

How's it going "pagemccartney95?" I hope all is well with you. The reason why I asked you about the KNEBWORTH 1979 Program is because it is a sought after Collector's Item that is hard to find. I had to pay a lot of money for my original.

So thats the real reason why John Paul had that telephone on top of his piano, thanks for letting me know! Ha Ha! At least he won't have to walk all the way out there to look for his car alone! Ha Ha! ROCK ON my friend!

How's it going "pagemccartney95?" I hope all is well with you. The reason why I asked you about the KNEBWORTH 1979 Program is because it is a sought after Collector's Item that is hard to find. I had to pay a lot of money for my original.

So thats the real reason why John Paul had that telephone on top of his piano, thanks for letting me know! Ha Ha! At least he won't have to walk all the way out there to look for his car alone! Ha Ha! ROCK ON my friend!

Ah, I sure wish I had that progam. Oh, well. :mellow:

Yes, I believe that's the excuse for JPJ's telephone. Awaiting a call from the car park! ;)

Jo

I have the DVD from 2003 and the leaflet says it's from Knebworth August 4 and 11. Would that be a compilation of both shows for the DVD? I really enjoyed In the Evening. My husband and I had heard that song on the radio and he had commented on the sound and how JP could be making all that sound. In the studio you can lay down the tracks and mix but live would be another story. JP played his Fender Stratocaster and Jones was on the organ. I know in the past JPJ played on the Mellotron but that did not look like it. I heard a interview in which JPJ had commented on what and unreliable beast the Mellotron could be and was not sure what to expect. So I'm assuming that some of that wall of sound is synthasized on what JPJ was playing. It was such a great song. I've had that riff playing and rewinding in my head all day. Maybe the phone was to call for some take out. One needs sustinance after playing like they do for so long. :D

I have the DVD from 2003 and the leaflet says it's from Knebworth August 4 and 11. Would that be a compilation of both shows for the DVD? I really enjoyed In the Evening. My husband and I had heard that song on the radio and he had commented on the sound and how JP could be making all that sound. In the studio you can lay down the tracks and mix but live would be another story. JP played his Fender Stratocaster and Jones was on the organ. I know in the past JPJ played on the Mellotron but that did not look like it. I heard a interview in which JPJ had commented on what and unreliable beast the Mellotron could be and was not sure what to expect. So I'm assuming that some of that wall of sound is synthasized on what JPJ was playing. It was such a great song. I've had that riff playing and rewinding in my head all day. Maybe the phone was to call for some take out. One needs sustinance after playing like they do for so long. :D

How's it going "ledzepfvr?" I hope all is well with you. I have heard about KNEBWORTH DVD collections that contain both shows but some are not complete. I need for you to tell me the tracking list for both shows and I will tell you if it is complete or not. I own both separate shows on a 3-DVD set (11 August 1979) and a 2-DVD set (4 August 1979). Both of these shows have excellent picture and sound quality. How's the quality of your collection? I never thought about that, maybe John Paul did call and order pizza and mixed drinks while on stage. Ha Ha! Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON!

Archived